Coconut Milk Ideas

AussieBelle

Speaking of coconut milk...slw600 and I have decided to try to, ahem, *encourage* Trader Joe's to carry full-fat canned coconut milk. (As it stands, you can find light, but not regular.) I said "encourage", but I think I like slw's words better. I believe she said she would "über stalk them".

Ah yes. Ãœber stalk.

So, what do you think? Can we of the Whole30 community wield our power as purchasers for good? If you frequent Trader Joe's and love your coconut milk as much as I, please join me in lobbying TJ's to carry regular coconut milk. I sent in an e-mail today, and plan on making a friendly, good-natured pest of myself each time I'm in the store, all in the name of good health and good value...not to mention good taste!

Join us!

• 1 month later...

Coconut milk is super easy to make, too, if you have a vitamix. Cheap as chips, as well! And nothing added but coconut and water. Then you can flavour it as you like: cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. It only takes about 5 minutes!

I ADORE it in my espresso. I absolutely love espresso with sugar and cream, but since those are out of my diet now, espresso by itself is just plain yuck and coconut milk gives it the perfect amount of sweet and creamy :)

That's what I was going to suggest. I put a hefty amount in my coffee in the AM.

Is Goya the only major brand of coconut milk that doesnt have everything added in it, besides guar gum?

It's super easy to make your own - 1 ingredient coconut milk. You can use your home made coconut milk to make kefir too! Paleo Mom has some good recipes...

I have a question about recipes using coconut milk. All the recipes I have seen call for one can. However, the brand most recommended - Thai Kitchen - comes in two sizes. Which size would typically be used if it isn't specified?

The larger can. I think it's 14.5 oz.

Archived