Jen's Whole 120 Journey and personal FFF.

JenJen1986

Hi Everyone!

So I've done several Whole 30's and a Whole 60 and am feeling like I'm needing more.  I turned 30 a few days ago (yikes!!)  and in addition to being at my highest weight I'm noticing a bunch of other ways my body is  telling me it's not happy right now. I've had back pain for the past few years that seems to steadily be getting worse, I'm noticing my eczema and psoriasis are suddenly also much worse. I'm also not sleeping as well as I could be and am struggling with breakouts on my face as well as stomach issues. Long story short this all is making me feel like it's time to come back to a whole 30 and as I'm feeling like I need more time then what I've done previously, so I'm aiming for 120 days. (Reading Food Freedom Forever and planning to move onto that once my whole 120 is complete).  I'm hoping this can be a place of accountability and support. This is going into holidays and I'm also working full time and starting a business on the side so the stress level is high right now!! 

Today's Food: 

M1: Aidells garlic sausage, lettuce with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and blueberries with almond butter. 

M2: 3 Chicken wings with a few potato wedges and no sugar added applesauce

Snack: Finished the potato wedges and had a little more apple sauce

M3: Planning on complaint turkey meatloaf and salad 

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning Everyone!

Soo...restarting today. I feel crappy about it but have really been conflicted about doing this Whole 120 and it showed. I have done them in the past and would describe my eating as 95% of the time typically. I slipped into the mentality of "what is this going to do for me I eat mostly this way anyway?" Well...I'm realizing i'm having enough health stuff going on that I really do need this reset. I think in my mind I was making it more weight related then it needed to be. It really doesn't need to be about weight this time around. It's about health. 

Food today: 

M1: eggs, aidell sausage, kale and spinich cooked in coconut oil with berries and almond butter

M2: Chicken wings and salad 

M3: hamburger, pumpkin, and a side salad

Day 2:

Morning everyone! Back is still bothering me and I am getting frustrated. Hopefully doing this will help and maybe..yuck..an appointment with the doctor is in order. :( Have been seeing a chiropractor and the past few nights have been doing 15 minute yoga sessions from an app I found before bed. Also wondering if I am absolutely crazy to attempt this during the holidays. With wanting to do a whole 120 I will be done end of February which means I will literally whole 30-ing through the whole holiday season! Is anyone else in a similar boat? I know I may need some extra motivation when the holidays roll around! 

Food Plan for Today: 

M1: 2 aidells sausages, side salad, and berries with almond butter with black coffee.

M2: Chicken wings and salad with maybe a few plantain chips. 

M3: Steak with peppers and a side of pumpkin.  

Day 3:

Off to a rough start mainly because I didn't plan well today. Didn't have a chance to make food before leaving the house this morning got hungry hubby wanted to stop for lunch ordered  the most compliant thing I could find-a chicken salad-came covered  with cheese and realized the balsamic vinagrette may not be compliant. Took the cheese off and tried to have the chicken  with the greens plain but the  chicken was super  dry and it was just gross so had like 3 bites and was done. Let's hope I can head home soon and eat!

Well..after my food fail earlier things kind of derailed so tomorrow starts day 1 of my journey again. Frustrated with myself but wanna log my struggles as well as successes so..starting tomorrow from the top. I did learn I need to plan better particularly on Saturdays as it tends to be a long errand day which means if I don't take food with me it's likely to endevelop in eating out where it's more difficult to stay compliant. Wish me luck! honestly I'm frustrated with myself but my gut tells me I need to do this to heal.

Day 2: 

Happy Halloween!! Kind of feels weird to know there will be no candy at all today but I'm going to find other ways to celebrate. I am planning on watching a scary movie when I get home from work and listening to scary podcast while I work as well to get in the spirit. I think I will enjoy a  nice dinner too. What is everyone else doing to celebrate this holiday??

M1: Two aidells sausages  with pumpkin and raspberries with almond butter.

M2: Chicken wings and purple potatoes. 

M3: Steak and some sort of salad likely. 

I started my first Whole 30 today!! I know the feeling you are having with the whole candy thing! Also no popcorn with a movie later! Keep up the great work! Instead of bringing something not on the plan to my office party today I brought clementine oranges that I drew jackolantern faces on with a marker! Turned out really cute and it is something I can enjoy!

Happy Halloween!

Day 3:

Feeling good and very energized. Could it be the much wished for Tiger blood phase? Not sure but feeling good today. Biggest challenge today is actually going to be eating enough because Tuesdays are very busy days for me!

Food plan: 

M1: sausage  (brought blueberries and pumpkin but only had to time to eat the sausage). 

M2: 2 Applegate hotdogs with the berries and pumpkin I didn't have earlier

M3: plan is chicken burger and side salad. 

Day 4: 

Energy is still really good and back is feeling decent! (This is especially good news because it tends to flair up around this time of the month). I've also started doing yoga 15 minutes a day which I think it doing a lot to help as well. May need to start incorporating some recipes to avoid food boredom. This is not the easiest thing for me as cooking is not something I enjoy. I eat very healthy, but I'm definitely a person who has not time for meals that take more than 10-15 minutes per week so I tend to eat fairly simple meals for lack of a better description. 

Food Plan:

-M1: sausage, pumpkin, berries and almond butter. 

-M2: 2 applegate hotdogs with a side salad dressed with EVOO and balsamic. 

-M3: Chicken burger and salad (last night ended up being steak instead).

Day 5: 

Morning! Had a little bit of an epiphany with my food last night and am reevaluating my Whole 120 goal. I realized I've done several whole 30's and a whole 60 previously and have learned a lot from them. I eat mostly whole 30 even when I'm not actually following a whole. I think maybe it's time for me to "ride my own bike" a little bit and start thinking about my long term food freedom plan. I think the short whole reset has been great that with the yoga already has make back feeling a little better as well as my stomach. I think I will go at least a few days more and then do proper re-intros like is suggested in food freedom. I like knowing I can continue to come back to this as a reset but also with my history of yo yo dieting I think I need a little less restriction in my food plan. Also is a 120 really even a good goal when it would mean staying whole through ALL the holidays? Anyway lots to think about like I said I for sure want to continue for a few more days and then may move on from there. 

Food plan for today: 

M1: Coffee with nutpods creamer, 2 Eggs, 1 aidells sausage, salsa, and kale with coconut oil

M2: 2 Applegate hotdogs and berries with almond butter and applesauce

M3: Thinking about doing pcc chicken (compliant) and a salad 

Morning! 

Well feeling good this morning. Trying to continue to work toward my food freedom journey. Keep it completely whole 30 today except I have two bites of my hubby's gf, vegan pumpkin pie. Plan is completely whole 30 today although it is typically a date night so that may change. What to be mindful of limiting the non compliant foods I bring in. Allergies are bad today not sure if it's tied to the two bites of pie last night (seems strange but possible) or just a coincidence. Good news is back is still feeling better!

Today's plan:

M1: Sausage, salad, and berries with almond butter

M2:  Chicken wings (compliant), salad and peaches

M3: Steak salad? 

• 4 weeks later...

Alright guys..long story but giving this one final try-I know I can do it why does it seem so much more difficult this time around then it has other attempts? 

Gonna start a whole 120 again tomorrow. My back aches so bad, my digestion is messed up-and I'm eating very close to Whole 30 now so it's weird but I gotta hope this will help I'm running out of ideas. Doing daily yoga, taking probiotics, doesn't seem to be making a dent. 

Hoping to be consistent with logging here!

Jen,

Don't lose focus on your ultimate goal. try meditating when you do your yoga. I started my whole 100 on September 16th 2016...I'm still on track for my date. I suggest doing more short term goals...you said you have done 30 and 60 day stints, which is more practical. Maybe you were able to complete those because of a more short term goal. I never thought I would make it this long. I did 10 days at a time. I never felt better. I don't want to make this about me though....your stronger then you may think you are. I'm sure you have had harder issues in life then eating right. You GOT THIS JEN! best of luck! I got your back!

Nick

Archived