Starting November First!!

Raven

Is there anyone out there planning a Whole30 for the month of November?

I realize this isn't the best time for some people, as there are family dinners and treats galore, but this year I won't be doing anything extravagant for the holidays.  So I'm thinking it would be a good time to do another reset, and I'd would love some support!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@RavenI am starting November 1, too. I did my first Whole 30 last July and felt great, but the process of reintroducing foods, even carefully, was problematical. I just tried a second one, beginning October 10, and did okay until Day 12. Believe it or not, a couple of medjool dates unleashed my sugar dragon!

November may not be ideal (in addition to Thanksgiving, my birthday is November 29,), but I feel so much better when I am eating clean. I have no serious ailments for which I am being actively treated, but I have high markers for autoimmune disease, and when my eating is out of whack, everything else goes whacky, too -- poor sleep, moodiness, lack of energy. My doctor has told me that the best way for me to feel good and avoid any progression is to follow this type of nutrition plan and lifestyle. So I am committed to doing this again and again until it becomes my new norm!

Other than holidays, my biggest challenge will be that I am doing a 40-hour yoga teacher training course scheduled for the last two weekends of November. I don't anticipate any problems with breakfast and dinner, but it will be difficult to manage a Whole 30 compliant lunch with a 15-minute lunch break!

I'm in!  I've done 4?  Whole30s and I feel great when I'm on it.  But inevitably afterward, I fall back into old habits.  I've heard of people going for whole some X number of days more than 30 so I think I'm going to try for 100 which would lead me right up to a vacation.  I feel like I'd have more of those habits lined up and/or banked so it wouldn't hurt off roading should it happen on the trip.

22 hours ago, Jmb369 said:

Other than holidays, my biggest challenge will be that I am doing a 40-hour yoga teacher training course scheduled for the last two weekends of November. I don't anticipate any problems with breakfast and dinner, but it will be difficult to manage a Whole 30 compliant lunch with a 15-minute lunch break!

Pre-pack those lunches!  Once you've got it down, it kinda flows so you've got time to figure it out.  I mean I went to Disney World on Whole30 bringing my lunches.

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, IronGirlTrixie said:

I'm in!  I've done 4?  Whole30s and I feel great when I'm on it.  But inevitably afterward, I fall back into old habits.  I've heard of people going for whole some X number of days more than 30 so I think I'm going to try for 100 which would lead me right up to a vacation.  I feel like I'd have more of those habits lined up and/or banked so it wouldn't hurt off roading should it happen on the trip.

When you've done Whole30 in the past, have you done the reintroductions? Sometimes doing them can show you reactions to foods that make you want to not have those foods. If you haven't done them in the past, I'd definitely recommend setting aside some time after 30 days and before your vacation to do them.

On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 5:05 PM, ShannonM816 said:

When you've done Whole30 in the past, have you done the reintroductions? Sometimes doing them can show you reactions to foods that make you want to not have those foods. If you haven't done them in the past, I'd definitely recommend setting aside some time after 30 days and before your vacation to do them.

Yes, I've done the reintroductions and know which foods cause me grief.  It's a mental thing for me not a physical/body one. 

Whoa!  So many responses!  Awesome!!

@Kim Johnson  Yes!

@Jmb369  I believe it about those dates!

I've done several Whole30s in the past, and reintro, and since my original post, I've been invited to Thanksgiving dinner with my boyfriend's family, so I'm going to start out with doing a Whole14, then see if I need to continue.  :)

I am starting November 1st too! I know the book says that This. Is. Not. Hard. However, I think it might be one of the most difficult things I have done in a long time. Unfortunately, I do not just have a Sugar Dragon, I also have his wife, children, and a multitude of his relatives living with me!  It will definitely be an interesting month! Glad to have the support. 

Yep, I'm also starting Nov 1 2016 with my first complete whole30. I had begun on 22 oct (whole30 vegan), and it went well for almost 5 days. evening of 5th day I ate airplane food (cheese sandwiches) and then the mayhem continued. this time i will eat eggs, and fish. which i havent for a long time. bought 30 eggs and think i am crazy. made egg mayo, and ghee yesterday. nov 1st is a holiday here so Im shopping for more veg today. am actually eating whole 30 today already, but still with coffee. i really really want to be coffee free from tomorrow, which is why Im starting tomorrow and not today, without coffee. I'm a coffee addict, as well as some other things so I hope this whole30 will truly reset my mind and emotions, as well as my physical body.

I am starting my second Whole 30 tomorrow, November 1st.  I completed my first Whole 30 a couple of years ago but did not successfully add back foods and document them and how I felt.  I have since then tried to start again several times and am now entrenched in old habits and new bad habits.  I am hopeful to not isolate and be active in the forum as I navigate the next 30 days.  I am so glad to read all your posts and appreciate the support from this forum. 

We have a great mix of first-timers and repeaters, so I think we will be a good support group for each other. Amy, when I did Whoke 30 in July, I transitioned to coffee free by switching to one cup of decaf for a few days, then a cup of green tea for a few days. After that it was easy. I stayed coffee free for several months. I happen to live the taste, and I can get organic coffee here (I live in Mexuco) that is hand-harvested and hand roasted. I haven't decided what I will do this time.

Otherwise, I am ready. My menus are planned for the first three days, my fridge is well stocked, and my pantry (and car) are clear. I've pre-cooked dinner for the one night when I get home from a yoga class just a half hour before dinner time.

One question I have is how to deal with hunger! I eat according to W-30 guidelines, but I wake up hungry, which makes it hard to exercise in the a.m. I also get very hungry a couple of hours before dinner! I think I am eating enough proteins and fats. Maybe I need more volume from more veggies? I generally have 1 to 1/2 cups.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Jmb369 said:

One question I have is how to deal with hunger! I eat according to W-30 guidelines, but I wake up hungry, which makes it hard to exercise in the a.m. I also get very hungry a couple of hours before dinner! I think I am eating enough proteins and fats. Maybe I need more volume from more veggies? I generally have 1 to 1/2 cups.

Hi @Jmb369 - we would need more specific information about what you typically eat and the timing in order to give you directed feedback. Please include portion sizes, specific veggies and fats, exercise and pre & post workout food, meal timings, stress and sleep. 

It is completely normal to wake hungry in the morning, in fact it's what you're after when your hormones are balanced. :) You can have a small pre-workout of protein and fat....doesn't have to be much, about a half a meal sized amount. Do you have more than 4-5 hours between your lunch and your dinner? If so, have a mini-meal to get you through. If you can't manage protein, fat and veggies then protein & fat or protein & veggies are going to be your best choice. 

On 10/10/2016 at 6:15 PM, Raven said:

Is there anyone out there planning a Whole30 for the month of November?

I realize this isn't the best time for some people, as there are family dinners and treats galore, but this year I won't be doing anything extravagant for the holidays.  So I'm thinking it would be a good time to do another reset, and I'd would love some support!

I am starting round 2 Nov. 1st! 

Archived