Whole 30 Halloween Potluck Ideas?

MadGab

Hello all! 

I'm hoping to come across some creative ideas. My coworkers have decided to put together a Halloween themed potluck. I'd like to participate of course and was wondering what I could bring that's complaint but also creatively "spooky". I've seen some ideas on Pinterest such as deviled eggs with black olives shaped into spiders lol but that seems tedious. 

Screenshot_2016-10-10-19-32-49.png

• Moderators

Nom Nom Paleo has these Yummy Mummies and these Bloody Eyeballs (although I have no idea where you get the fruit she used for those). You can't have the spiced cider in this recipe on Whole30, but you could maybe do the shrunken heads in a compliant apple juice, or just in an infused sparkling water with apples, cinnamon, and ginger. Or these Apple Mouths.

Or maybe instead of actually doing something spooky, you just go for a more general fallish sort of presentation -- bring soup or some kind of dip or even a salad, and serve it out of a hollowed out pumpkin. There's a pic on this blog where they've made a veggie tray around a small pumpkin and filled the pumpkin with what looks like a ranch dip -- note that any recipes on that blog are probably not W30 compliant.

24 minutes ago, ShannonM816 said:

Nom Nom Paleo has these Yummy Mummies and these Bloody Eyeballs (although I have no idea where you get the fruit she used for those). You can't have the spiced cider in this recipe on Whole30, but you could maybe do the shrunken heads in a compliant apple juice, or just in an infused sparkling water with apples, cinnamon, and ginger. Or these Apple Mouths.

Or maybe instead of actually doing something spooky, you just go for a more general fallish sort of presentation -- bring soup or some kind of dip or even a salad, and serve it out of a hollowed out pumpkin. There's a pic on this blog where they've made a veggie tray around a small pumpkin and filled the pumpkin with what looks like a ranch dip -- note that any recipes on that blog are probably not W30 compliant.

@ShannonM816, these are all great ideas! Thank you. 

I made a veggie skeleton last year with the head the dip. Make or find a compliant dip, use olives for the eyes, peppers for the ribs, celery and carrots for the arms and legs. It's fun, cute, Halloween ish, and the only thing missing for a meal is protein, assuming you use enough dip for your fat. 

Archived