New Compliant Meat at Chipotle!

mushroomqueen

I just wanted to let everyone know that Chipotle has rolled out a new meat, chorizo. It is whole30 compliant and doesn't even have any vegetable oil like the carnitas does! I tried it today and it is awesome!

Ingredients:

White Meat Chicken , Pork , Pork Skins , Seasoning (Paprika, Hungarian Paprika, Smoked Paprika, mild red pepper, dried Oregano, Chipotle Chili pepper, Black Pepper, Salt), Red Wine Vinegar, Garlic, Cumin

i'm on day 15 of my first whole30 and have a conference out of town later this week for 3 days. was planning on packing my meals but there is a chipolte right by my hotel. What exactly did you order there would be totally whole 30 compliant? I know no rices & beans. thanks

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Julie C said:

i'm on day 15 of my first whole30 and have a conference out of town later this week for 3 days. was planning on packing my meals but there is a chipolte right by my hotel. What exactly did you order there would be totally whole 30 compliant? I know no rices & beans. thanks

For any restaurant, you really need to learn how to research these things yourself. Many restaurants will have ingredients or allergen statements on their website. Chipotle actually has a really thorough ingredient list making it easy to see what is and isn't okay -- I don't see the chorizo on there yet, I'm not sure if the OP found that somewhere else on the site or asked at the restaurant.

If you're looking at a restaurant that isn't quite as forthcoming, most still have allergen lists which is a good place to start. They'll typically list things like peanuts, soy, gluten, and dairy, and you can start with that and figure out what looks promising, and then ask at the restaurant about things like sweeteners, rice, corn, peas/beans, etc.

There are more tips in the Dining Out Guide as well.

1 minute ago, operationskinnyjeans said:

I called my local chipotle and they told me they cook the chorizo on the same grill as the chicken and steak, and spray it down regularly with the Rice Bran oil. 

The carnitas and barbacoa are cooked in a different pot using sunflower oil. At least at mine. 

Worth calling to double check probably :D

Boo! thanks for info.

Archived