Best coffee creamers

Good evening!  I'm sure this question has been asked bunches of times but I'm new on here and wasn't finding exactly what I was looking for while searching.  I am about to start my 2nd Whole30 and think it will go a lot easier this time especially with this site and forum.  I love coffee and that was the thing I missed the most.  I have at least 2 cups per day with Natural Bliss creamer and Splenda and/or sugar.  I'm looking at the Nutpods and the Califia Farms Better Half unsweetened.  Which of these has the best taste, texture and gives that creaminess?  Is there something else out there that works as well or better?  I am going to have to order as I cannot find either locally.  I want that creaminess in my morning cup.  Used recipe ready coconut milk/cream last time and it was okay, but a little greasy. 

Hey there & welcome to Whole30 :)

You're right - compliant coffee creamers have been discussed quite a bit on the forums. The best way to search is via Google - in this case you'd type 'Whole30 creamer' and you should get links to a number of previous discussions on the topic.

Ghee & coconut oil blended in coffee give a good creamy consistency without any huge expense.

I'd wonder though if it's the coffee you enjoy, or the sweet creamer?

Or it could of course be your choice of blend - often it's worth investing time in talking to a decent barista who can source you some good quality beans.

I too am a coffee drinker, and when I read no dairy and no sweetner I thought ut oh!  LOL so I tried to drink a cup of my pumpkin spice flavored coffee and it was bitter tasting so I bought another brand and now I drink my coffee black, I need something hot to drink in the morning to get me jump started :D  Have you tried it black dogs&coffee?  And jmcbn you peeked my interest with the Ghee & coconut oil I'm going to google that!  Wondering if you've tried to drink it black?  Never thought I could but I do now and my morning coffee tastes better!!!

I have tried it black it just doesn't do it for me.  But it is such a part of my routine.  On my first 30 day experience, I delved into the world of cold brew coffees and had them over ice with almond and various other "milks".  But there is just something about a good hot creamy cup of joe!  So I want a non-greasy, creamy hot beverage.  I love Ghee and coconut oil but that seems like just grease which ends up just pooling on the top and doesn't seem like it would add creaminess, just greasy mouth feel.  I guess I was just wanting to know which ready made compliant creamer out there has the best taste and texture.  I buy good coffee and really do enjoy it, just not plain black if I can help it!

• Administrators

@dogs&coffee - for the oils (coconut and ghee) you have to blend them in with an immersion blender or the like. You can't just stir it in or, as you say, it just floats on top. If you blend it, it emulsifies and becomes creamy. Personally I just use cartoned coconut milk (only ingredients are coconut and water) and stir that in. Works like a charm!

I am a pretty heavy coffee & cream drinker, but as @jmcbn said, I've discovered that coffee is just a way to shovel loads of flavored creamer into my mouth. During my first whole 30 waaaaay back in April 2015, I tried coconut milk and other ways to fancy up my coffee, but none of it worked. This time around, I just switched to tea. Turns out I actually like the taste of plain old tea - much better than black coffee! 

I love cold brew iced coffee black but haven't learned to enjoy hot coffee black yet - before Whole30, I always added loads and loads of half and half (but no sweetener). On Whole30, I absolutely love the Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond/Coconut creamer. However, over the course of these 30 days, I'm going to experiment with different coffees to learn to enjoy my coffee black since I suspect I might enjoy this creamer a little too much (though I only use a few tablespoons per day). I haven't tried Nutpods.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived