Whole30 day 40-50 mistake

marciperry

Don't know what happened to me...I completed it on September 23! YAHOO!! Then did okay the first week, then went on vacation and it's as if my brain fell out. This past week it's all I can do to stuff poor choices into my mouth and know it as it's going in...all while my Food Freedom book is staring at me on my table! I feel like a full stuffed turkey on Thanksgiving and not in a good way. I want to get my brain back on cycle and I remember these cycles from the beginning and reading It All Starts with Food and saying YES! I do that and on man this book is about me...I have to find the strength inside for me and my daughter. She too is overweight and it's getting worse and I do not want her to get down the wrong path. Time to put my big girl pants back on...and clean eating pants if you will...and show her what a good example is and to follow through with what I say.

As I type this I feel like...ok that's enough sad sacking...eat that apple and pick yourself off and let's go! No more looking like sadness from Inside Out! What a funk crappy food puts you in.

• 2 weeks later...

I went on vacation two days after completing my first W30 (just returned this week). I didn't go too far off the rails--only reintroduced alcohol, tried some non-gluten grains (bad idea!)--and added milk to my coffee. When I got home I followed the Food Freedom recommendation and went on a mini-reset. It only took less than two days to feel better and more in control again. Try a Whole7 or Whole 10 or whatever until you feel better again. I don't think you need to go back to square 1 with a full W30--unless a mini reset doesn't work. (It really helped me to take the Food Freedom book with me and read on vacay.)

Archived