apple ideas please!

ConcreteJungleJane

hauled home a backpack full of apples yesterday. Now I'm ready to get cooking!

What apple recipes or ideas do you have? I'm post-Whole 30, so a little bit of non-compliance is ok, as long as it's in the service of absolute yumminess :) 

I think I'll start with this: http://myheartbeets.com/skillet-gara...a-apple-crisp/ but i'll have lots more apples to use up! 

The more unconventional the recipe, the better! 

(I've searched on here and found surprisingly little, but let me know if I missed a helpful thread!)

Due to the copyright infringement policy, you'll find very new recipes.  Non-compliant ones are non-existent due to the confusion policy.  If we're not doing a Whole 30, we don't want to confuse those who are. 

If it's copyrighted, you better copy it right...;) :D but that's why you're not finding any.  No crisps or mock apple pies or apple butters...that would fall under the dessert policy.  No desserts even on a deserted island or crawling across the Sahara desert.  desert smiley

• Moderators

I love garam masala, and that sounds like an amazing apple crisp, but in case anyone sees it and isn't clear on this -- it is definitely NOT Whole30.

Not apple related, but garam masala in coffee is really good -- if you like that flavor, you should try it. Doesn't take a lot, and just makes it a little bit spicy.

You're probably not finding a lot of apple recipes because fruit is just an extra on Whole30, not a main focus. I don't have anything too unconventional, but things I'd do with apples if I had that many include:  Infused water with apple, ginger, cinnamon; flavoring homemade kombucha; homemade applesauce (you can freeze it to use later, or can it if you do that); fermented apple cranberry chutney; chop them up in a chicken salad; or make these bacon apple smothered pork chops. There are a couple of recipes in this article that use them.

I like to slice up apples really thin with some sweet potatoes, toss them with some coconut oil or ghee and cinnamon, and grill them until they start to soften. Totally amazing!

We've also done this sauteed kale with apples and bacon and it's amazing!

Also, Shannon's idea of putting them in chicken salad is GENIUS. I'd throw in some chopped walnuts, too. :) You could also just chop them and put them on a regular salad.

This scramble is also great for breakfast or for dinner if you have compliant bacon or sausage instead of ham.

A quick google found this roast pork too, although I can't vouch for it because I've never tried it personally - but it looks yummy and easily compliant!

Archived