Mother of two here with husband deployed.

I started my first whole 30 last Monday. 

The headache SUCKED.  And the tiredness that came with it.  OMG.

But then I started feeling ok.  But looking at the rules again.... I have slipped up, and I want to complete this whole 30 to the rules fully.  
I one morning put coconut cream in my coffee (omg).  I did this for 3 days.   And I realized that in one of the spice mixes I use for my chicken there were sulfites in there that I just hadn't read the label closely enough.

So.  Two slip ups.  I will start over, and make this worth my while.  

I do however, have no support here.  My children are 3 years and the other is 4 months.

My husband is very - do what makes you happy.  So not on board with checking in with me or cheering me.   (I know boo hoo right?  He's a great man, and at no point put me down for considering this at all.  But he is not in a position really to be my cheerleader.  As I need to be his, and show him that his family life is stable and good over here, and nothing for him to worry about).

So, I am looking for someone to help cheer me on, and keep me on track.   Although.... now that I am not locking myself in the bathroom to not eat sugar anymore, I am hoping this week will be a little smoother than last?   Here is hoping!   

And WEIRDLY enough.  I have noticed, on the days my daughter has had bread, or today had cereal - she had multiple meltdowns.  I did not intend to put her on the whole30, but I think that cutting sugar out for her had a wonderful effect (until the cereal monster arrived).   Any preschool/toddler approved recipes out there?  She's not quite impressed with the foods I have presented.

If you need help, support, to vent or to celebrate, I would love to be there for you!  It's not easy doing this on your own.  

If you need recipes, check paleofood.io and search for whole30.  Some stuff for kids might come up.

6 hours ago, MilitaryWorkingMomm said:

I one morning put coconut cream in my coffee (omg).  I did this for 3 days.

Hey there & welcome to the forums.

Coconut cream/milk in coffee is absolutely fine so long as there are no off plan ingredients in it, so just the one slip ;)

For kids the SWYPO rule doesn't apply, so have a google for some compliant paleo muffin recipes, courgette bread etc., or make pizza bases from cauliflower, or introduce her to smoothies - just don't be indulging in them yourself. Kids definitely have improved behaviour eating this way - sustained energy, less tantrums etc.

It does get easier, and the forums are a great place for support.

Good luck!

Archived