Starting October 17

Cshaugh72

Hey there Cshaugh72 - I started my 2nd W30 on Monday the 17th also - but just now getting around to getting on this forum.  It really helped me when I did my first W30 - it was nice to connect with folks who were going through the same struggles/triumphs.

We are just about done with Day 3 - and I'm doing fine...not missing anything or having any physical troubles, so YAY!

Let me know if you have any questions, or need encouragement, and I'll do the same.  I weighed myself the other day, and I'm at an all-time high for my life, which is NOT good...So, it's time (past time) for me to get serious about being healthy!

Nice to meet you.

Thanks for reaching out. So far so good. I'm enjoying the food and it's been easy doing the prep. Just went and made my grocery list - thought I had enough fruit And veggies to last me until the weekend but they are all gone! My family has gotten on board which is helping. Did you have any "side effects" during the process? What days dis you find the hardest or did it just becime habit after a couple weeks? I'm feeling pretty good so far.

Hey Cshaugh72!  I started on the 17th too, for the first time.  I am determined to make it through the whole 30 in one round.  It's day 5 for us, so only 25 more days after today! :)  That's how I look at it if I start to feel overwhelmed.  My side effects have been minimal, although today, I'm exhausted!!  I was expecting this to come over the weekend, when I could lounge around, but nope....;)  We are almost through week one!  Keep plugging!!

Hello to both of you!

I did my first whole 30 about 2 years ago, and besides losing 16 pounds - I had lots of positive health results.  For example - my cholesterol went from 218 to 189 in just 30 days!  Can you believe that?!  I also had very itchy skin before, and that went away completely.  My husband did the first W30 with me and lost weight too.  He also had been experiencing joint pain in his right knee, which was completely gone after the 30 days were completed.

He is kinda half-way doing this with me again, but I'm okay by myself because after "falling off the wagon", I find that my weight is at the highest it's ever been.  So - I HAD to do something!

Yes RRus - I remember being tired the first week.  And Cshaugh - the hardest times for me were weekends (of course), and I remember the 2nd week being more difficult than the 1st.  I guess the "newness" kinda wears off, and it becomes more of a task.  The key is to try to experiment with different foods, and keep things new & fresh.  For example - the first week, I had eggs for breakfast everyday - and I thought I was going to start clucking like a chicken!  HA!  So - I started trying other proteins for breakfast, and now - it's not unusual for me to have chicken or steak with broccoli and black olives for my first meal.  Another key is to stay full.  Be sure you eat enough for all 3 meals, and drink lots of water.  This will keep you from wanting to snack.

Side effects?  I remember having headaches at first - breaking away from the sugar & my DIET COKES was difficult at first - but it was amazing to me to get a full understanding of the addiction!  My first marriage was to an alcoholic - and I really related to the addiction he had.  When we were married, I noticed that when we chose a place to go out and eat, he always wanted to go places that served alcohol.  It didn't hit me at the time, but many years after we were divorced, I understood that he could not enjoy his meal if he couldn't have at least a beer with it.  I am much the same way.  After eating, I usually need a diet coke!  I think it's just me needing a hit of sweetness.  This has been a test, for sure - but gets easier.  You just find eventually that you don't crave those things anymore.

Doing a second W30 is easy in a way, because I know what to expect, but difficult too, knowing how well I did before, and then let it all go.  I worked so hard, and was SO committed, and then just went nuts afterwards.  All those addictions are back, and need to be reined in again!

OK - I've talked way too much - but wanted to kinda tell my story, and hopefully help both of you first-timers!  Please feel free to gripe, question, celebrate, or whatever.  It really does help us to help each other!

I'm a 58 year old, happily married woman from NW Oklahoma in the USA.  I have one daughter who recently graduated college, and two spoiled rotten dogs.  My husband, my daughter, and my fur-children are my life!  Happy Friday everyone.  Talk to you soon! 

So far so good. I haven't been finding it too difficult. Yesterday was a very stressful day at work and normally I would come home have a glass of wine and order pizza for dinner. Instead I went for a walk and then cooked an easy healthy meal for the family. Ended the evening with a peppermint tea. Certainly feel good about the choices this morning.

Thanks for the support Garyandme and Rrus. I think this weekend will be hard for me because I don't have work to distract me.

Almost done week one!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Csahaugh72!  Here we are on day 22!!!  Hope you're still with me!  Weekends are tough for sure, I'm guessing next weekend will be the hardest since we are so closed to the end then!  The time went fast!  Where I saw improvements so far: Headaches, gone.  stomach bloating and pain, gone.  General life anxiety, decreased.  How about you?  What changes have you noticed?   8 more days!!  LETS GO!

Thanks for the info Gary and  Me, I do have concerns about reintroduction and just going nuts..lol   I admit, a pizza and beer nights still sounds fantastic to me....:o I had hoped that nothing "bad" would sound at all appealing, but that hasn't happened for me.  I do have more energy through the day, but I haven't experienced the "tiger blood" as of yet.

I'm still here. Weekends definitely tough. I was out of town this past weekend so prepped and took food with me. Thankfully hotel had fridge and microwave. I haven't experienced tiger blood yet either but have lots of things that are better - sleep, headaches, bloating, skin etc. So excited that I made it this far!

I just came across this forum and I am on my first Whole 30 Day 24.  I am starting to get more energy as I went through some really tough days where it was difficult to keep my eyes open in the afternoon (not good when you are a high school teacher!)  I forced myself to walk around all the time so I wouldn't succumb to the feeling.  I feel good now and feel like I have lost some weight.  I am looking forward to the reintroduction schedule and a glass of red wine!  No particular cravings anymore and my arthritic knees feel much better.

Archived