I just cant!!

I might just have to live with this awful hormonal acne I've had even since before pregnancy.

I'm 8 weeks this week and I'm ready to PUKE!! I don't think I can do this Whole 30 without my fruit every few hours! :( 

This morning for breakfast I managed to get 3 eggs and Applegate sausage down.....Here I am 2 hours later ready to barf...OMG.

• Administrators

Doing a fully compliant Whole30 at the beginning of a pregnancy is not necessarily recommended. This is a time when your hormones are in flux and you may have to just do the best you can until things settle down. 

Check this article: http://whole9life.com/2013/01/pregnancy-and-food-aversions/

4 hours ago, KristenNash said:

I might just have to live with this awful hormonal acne I've had even since before pregnancy.

I'm 8 weeks this week and I'm ready to PUKE!! I don't think I can do this Whole 30 without my fruit every few hours! :( 

This morning for breakfast I managed to get 3 eggs and Applegate sausage down.....Here I am 2 hours later ready to barf...OMG.

I'm 13 weeks and am still struggling...  Not what you want to hear, right? 

The food aversions have me gagging even thinking about meat I have to prepare, so I don't. Food in my garden is going to waste.  I threw up 100% of a salad that tasted so good. 

My point is, I'm letting myself off the Whole30 hook until the morning sickness passes. I'd recommend the same! 

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I've read that some women experience much improved acne while pregnant :)  I can only assume they weren't eating W30!

Don't stress about W30 during your first trimester.  Make good choices when you can and don't worry if that is 10% of the time or 80%.  If it makes you feel any better I was eating 2 cantaloupes some days!  I ate (and am still eating) a TON of fruit. 

How are you doing now @KristenNash

I'm 7.5 weeks. I had morning sickness for 3 weeks; but last 2 days I've felt great. Now I want to get back on track... I got pregnant immediately after doing my first whole30 in our first month of trying. I'm praying all goes well with the little bean. But I need to stop eating chicken nuggets and corn chips and guac :rolleyes:

I'm here if you need someone to talk to in the same boat as you! 

• 2 months later...

Oh man! Don't stress it. I have been Whole30-ing for more than a year, but the second I got pregnant with baby #2 all I could get down was waffles and toast. The thought of meat, vegetables, etc made me want to barf instantly. I'm 24 weeks now and finally able to eat normally (Paleo is my new "normal" haha). You'll get there too! A few weeks or months of non-compliant foods will not hurt you. Baby needs the calories, even if they are comprised of soda crackers! Pregnancy isn't forever, you'll be back on track before you know it! Good luck!

Archived