Stomach problems

violetta

So, an update months later, the sucralfate only worked for a little while and then everything came back with a vengeance.  Long story short, still feeling terrible in February and then went to my new gastroenterologist and she suggested as a last resort to try some trazadone, that it could be neurological rather than reflux and a tiny dose of an antidepressant might work. Can't take most of those because of restless leg but trazadone is okay. So I took a 1/4 of  a 50 mg tab and within a week, the stomach burning was completely gone.  Now I also tried mastic gum and DGL along side of the traz but I have quit that since.  Still doing very well in April with no return of reflux.  I occasionally take a little DGL if I eat something acidic but not often.  No more sleeping on a wedge or waking up hungry at all (that has been with me most of my adult life!).  All these years of taking PPIs (no longer taking them) and suffering just gone.  This had nothing to do with acid, just a neurological reaction, probably caused by my fibro.

Archived