My hormones are getting worse!

reneeruecks

This is my 3rd w30. My hormones are worse than ever.  Last year when I did it I felt absolutely amazing and this year  I am all over the place.  My period came 10 days early, I feel like I have been pms ING the whole time and it is bad. Last year I had no signs of pms and a great period. I have also been getting stress hives. This is my 4th time this week. I just feel like I want to scream, cry, I have no patience at all and I feel bad bc I have been snapping at my son bC I have no patience.  My hormones are worse than ever. I was taking DIM for my estrogen levels for 3 months im on day 18

• Administrators

@reneeruecks - Have you listed out what you've been eating? Are you following the template? Getting enough healthy fats and protein? Are you propping yourself up with fruits and nuts between meals? How's your sleep? 

People are constantly in flux and the foundation you had a year ago is not necessarily the foundation you have today. You've mentioned that you are pre-diabetic which I assume you were not last year. This changes everything and really means you need to look at where you are right now and not focus on where you were last year.

Give us a run down on what a couple typical days of eating looks like. Include portions, specific veggies, meal timing. Include whatever you are doing for exercise and what pre and post workout foods you're eating. Include stress, sleep, water consumption and anything else relevant. We can see if something stands out.

My hormones have been off balance since having my son 2.5 years ago.  I have  had major issues losing weight since I've had my son and the only success I've had with weight loss was when I did the whole 30 last October.  I felt absolutely amazing, my skin was amazing, but I don't think I tackled the emotional aspect of food as much as I should have and I was unable to stick to the plan once I started eating other foods again. So I went right back to feeling like crap! I had not started taking any supplements for my hormones last year when I did the whole 30 ,  but I knew something was not right with my hormones. 

Im not pre diabetic yet,  but if my numbers stay where they are then this is something I could be dealing w/ 10 years from now . So I was just as bad last year too! 

Every morning for breakfast a usually have three eggs a whole bunch of spinach sweet potato and regular potato all cooked in a ton of duck fat. I sometimes have avocado with bfast.  Then I have 2 cups of coffee with full fat coconut milk and I usually put a huge spoonful of ghee or coconut oil in each cup. 

Everything else throughout the day kind of berries, but I do have a large lunch and a large dinner. I usually have potatoes at lunch and just protein vegetables and fat for dinner. I eat  until I'm full and satisfied and I definitely can go 4 to 5 hours without eating. If I really do need a snack I usually just have a handful of nuts or an egg.  I really just don't know why this experience has been so different. I am sleeping well which is great because I'm not always such a great sleeper, I'm waking up early and with ok energy. I'm just really feeling frustrated 

• Administrators

I really think, in all the things that I've read from you, that you need to give it time and space. The amount that you are stressing (which is not uncommon) is creating a stressor in your life that your body has to deal with. Depending on how far you went off the rails between last year and this year, it's hard to put 17 days on the calendar and expect significant change. Everyone is different.

That said, no one here is a doctor so if you are concerned about this or any other medical problem, you need to speak with them. Maybe try a functional medicine doctor?

Hi Reneeruecks,

I've been struggling with major hormone disruption (PCOS and estrogen dominance) for 7 years and would definitely recommend Alisa Vitti's "The Woman Code" which I think you can find on Amazon. She also has a website (https://www.floliving.com/) with some free info on rebalancing hormones and how to understand what your symptoms are telling you about your body and ideas for supplementation/whole foods intervention. Hormonal stuff is the worst :( I hope this might be helpful!

Archived