Food freedom come at me! Day one today...

PaleoPrincess

Hi everyone!

Today is day one for me on the Whole30... I am really excited and curious to see how eliminating these foods makes me feel but most of all I can't wait for food freedom! I usually eat pretty healthily, following the Paleo way of eating on a sliding 80 / 20 scale but I can 100% say my food indulgences are emotional and I really would love to be in control of this.

Dark chocolate, almond butter, honey in my tea and giving myself a free pass to eat whatever (even if I don't enjoy that much) at social events... weddings, birthdays, bbqs  are my points of weakness.... I started the Whole30 a few months ago but gave in to eating a slice of my mum's birthday cake because I felt bad. Not this time - it's time to put my health goals first and not eat something out of obligation!!!

I have a hen's coming up and a music festival for 4 days so it's not going to be the easiest month but there is never a stretch of 30 days where there aren't going to be social temptations! Would love to connect with others who have similar challenges with their food habits and are excited to support each other through this journey!  x 

16 hours ago, PaleoPrincess said:

Hi everyone!

Today is day one for me on the Whole30... I am really excited and curious to see how eliminating these foods makes me feel but most of all I can't wait for food freedom! I usually eat pretty healthily, following the Paleo way of eating on a sliding 80 / 20 scale but I can 100% say my food indulgences are emotional and I really would love to be in control of this.

Dark chocolate, almond butter, honey in my tea and giving myself a free pass to eat whatever (even if I don't enjoy that much) at social events... weddings, birthdays, bbqs  are my points of weakness.... I started the Whole30 a few months ago but gave in to eating a slice of my mum's birthday cake because I felt bad. Not this time - it's time to put my health goals first and not eat something out of obligation!!!

I have a hen's coming up and a music festival for 4 days so it's not going to be the easiest month but there is never a stretch of 30 days where there aren't going to be social temptations! Would love to connect with others who have similar challenges with their food habits and are excited to support each other through this journey!  x 

You'll do great!  I know how hard it is to be at events that have cake, wine, and other luscious items that we are trying to avoid.  It seems like there is never a "perfect" time to do a Whole 30, because there is always something going on!  My book club meets once a month and we always have dessert...and when we meet next month I am hosting and it will be during my Whole 30, so I'm still trying to figure out that one!  I was thinking about maybe baking some apples for the occasion, but we will see.  When I know I am going to be at an event that has these things, I just bring my own snacks and tell everyone what I am doing...they've been very understandable.  Tonight is my grandkids birthday party and I know there will be cake, so maybe I will bring a few olives along with me.  Since doing my first Whole 30 in January I've been able to pass up desserts at these events when I don't think it's worth it.  I just have my snack that I packed to bring along and they don't think anything of it, because they know that I've changed my eating habits.  But when I'm not doing the Whole 30, if it's worth it I definitely partake!  lol

Archived