Day 24, napping a lot and waking up with headaches

Hi all,

It's day 24, and in the last few days I've been waking up with mild headaches and needing to nap mid afternoon - like if I don't lie down, I'm going to fall asleep standing up or driving. I used to do this almost all the time before Whole30, and a nap was just part of my routine, but it went away for a good 3 weeks and suddenly came back. I don't think my eating has changed much in the last few days...except for switching to all organic meat (was eating conventional ground turkey and chicken becuase that's what I had). I'm mid cycle, and happily not irritable as hell when ovulating - maybe it's that tho - sleepy instead of irritable?

Thoughts on vitamins/minerals I could be missing? Need more carbs? More fat? Snack instead of nap? Haha...I was snacking about that time, and now I can get through to dinner without. Maybe I needed it after all?

I *am* eating a little bit smaller bfast lately - 1.5 eggs instead of 2, and only 1 veg instead of 2. I just couldn't finish the whole amount without feeling too stuffed, almost sick, and I could still make it to lunch on less.

Anyway, I'd appreciate feedback and suggestions.

Laura

Wow Laura - today is my day 23 and the past two days I have woken up with a headache! My first thought is "omg what did I eat to cause this!" I am day 1 of cycle so I thought that could be to blame, or the cold dreary day here which traditionally has caused my allergies to flare.

I would like to think it is anything BUT my food choices! I have been eating what I think is a good balance of proteins, veggies and fats. I have completely cut out fruit though, as I simply was not feeling the need.

I can say I have not felt the need for a nap, however. I have been cooking up a storm this weekend, and getting a good night's sleep every night for the past 15 nights or so!

How has your sleeping been? Do you feel like you are getting a good night's sleep?

Welllll.....the last few nights I've been up with a cough a few times a night. Back in the day (Prewhole30), just waking up for a few mins here and there to cough would be a really good night sleep for me, but now it feels disruptive. I bet that's part of it. I read someone else's "afternoon lull" post, and the suggestion was to eat a snack of squash or sweet potato about an hour before the lull, so this could also be related to dropping my afternoon snack. I still get hungry, but now I know I can wait, so I figured waiting was better. Maybe not.

Drinking a lot of throat coat tea...

I didn't got the carb flu at 5 days or the headaches or grouchiness but come day 15 and for the next 10 I had headaches and total exhaustion. I am on day 29 today and this is the first day that I feel really great!! I drank loads of water and took things easy through the headaches and just trusted they'd go away what with all the good food :-)

Angie

Without a food log, it's kinda hard to tell what you may need, but the main things to look for are:

More food in general (could be caused by dropping your snack)

More carbs (add a SP or something at lunch)

Disrupted sleep (aforementioned cough)

That crazy sleep thing is my body's way of saying I'm hungry, so I'd start with more food first :9)

Archived