Starting Monday, 10/24- looking for support group

CristinaV

All is well here.  Day 23 for me.  

Back at work week 2 and doing well.  Packing good lunches.  Not snacking.  Not working out during the week (the timing of training is not good for my workout schedule).

I'm so tired by 9pm, but am filled with energy at 5am and am down to only 1 cup of coffee in the morning.  

Enjoy your day!  1 week to go, for many of us.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 24!

Yesterday and today I am feeling like I have taken two steps back. Yesterday I was just HUNGRY! I ate too much dried mango and grapes, I just kept reaching. Extreme bloating and gas pain last night, I felt really uncomfortable. I still feel bloated and puffy today. So my conclusion is that grapes are NO NO for me, they obviously awaken some sort of sugar dragon and reduce my impulse control. I am going to limit my fruit these last days to only a banana, apple or grapefruit- all need to be fresh, no dried fruits. I am also going to really watch to see if  I am getting to much salt (may be cause of puffiness?).

Meals today:

Breakfast:  Homemade turkey sausage with peppers and onions, sliced sweet potatoes (baked in olive oil), wholly guacamole, 1 grapefruit, 2 grapes, water and coffee.

Lunch: Left over Chicken Stir Fry (lots of veggies) with cauliflower/sweet potato rice (http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/asian-ground-turkey-stir-fry, everyone in the house loved this- the boys ate it with brown rice and had it with a steam-able cauliflower/sweet potato rice I found at Safeway). Olives with jalapeno, wholly guacamole Banana.

Dinner: Left over cabbage crock pot soup, someone had posted the recipe on previous days. Hot sauce, wholly guacamole, few olives, grapefruit and kombucha. 

I worked to late last night so I didn't get to the gym, goal is to go tonight and put in a strong 30 minutes of exercise! 

@snowflower I took the skin off the salmon too, it just grossed me out. I was pretty disgusted too when I opened the can. I was thinking it'd be more like a can of tuna. Ick! But the salmon cakes are good and probably even better when I don't over cook them. LOL

To do the multiple quotes, I have to make sure I do a hard return after the last sentence to start a new quote and plug it in. It works most of the time, but I have had it totally mess up my paragraphs too. 

Today I'm feeling really good. I have an appointment with my naturopath tomorrow and I do feel like with the W30 it's helping me narrow down some possible causes of my GERD, or at least leading me to new thinking. It's just CRAZY how some things can be connected and what symptoms they bring on. I'm excited to ask my doc tomorrow to run a couple of tests we haven't looked at yet to see what they say. I have yet to hear back from my other Gastro doctor on that stupid fasting test I had to take a couple weeks ago. I've come to realize if I'm going to figure this whole thing out, it's going to have to be on my own and learning my own body. I'm glad I can at least now without a doubt tell doctors I'm eating the right foods when they try to ask "how's your diet?". My diet is AWESOME! And yes, I exercise 5 days a week, so don't tell me I need to watch what I eat and exercise more. LOL :) 

Today's menu:

Breakfast: The usual

L: Leftover egg roll in a bowl

Pre WO: apple with Almond butter & carrots

Dinner: Salmon and asparagus 

34 minutes ago, tiglilygirl said:

So my conclusion is that grapes are NO NO for me, they obviously awaken some sort of sugar dragon and reduce my impulse control. I am going to limit my fruit these last days to only a banana, apple or grapefruit- all need to be fresh, no dried fruits. I am also going to really watch to see if  I am getting to much salt (may be cause of puffiness?).

That's a good observation. I have been feeling the same way too after eating fruits. They even seem to cause bloating for me as well, so I'm really trying to restrict my fruits as well. I have just been having maybe one apple a day.  Salt is a good question too...I wonder if that's something I need to watch as well, although I try not to use too much, it does seem to be in every recipe we have though. I definitely don't add any extra on my meals, but maybe I'll try cutting down on it in the recipes. 

I'm adding that Turkey stir-fry to my meals next week. Sounds yummy and EASY (which is even better!).  I've found that Trader Joes has a lot of prepared veggies and it makes my life easier. Last night I used their pre-cut onions, cabbage, and carrots and my egg roll took me only minutes to make without all the dicing with a knife. 

6 hours ago, snowflower said:

I'm so tired by 9pm, but am filled with energy at 5am and am down to only 1 cup of coffee in the morning.  

Enjoy your day!  1 week to go, for many of us.

You know, that has me thinking. I have always slept lightly and restlessly... my mom tells me I didn't nap as a toddler so she had me lie down for "quiet time" or gave me a book as I learned to read very early... anyway, I had vague hopes that the Whole30 would help with sleep but really haven't felt any different. Maybe worse even?  I go to bed by ten these days, often earlier as I, too, am so tired in the evening... and then I get up between seven and nine most days and am still exhausted. Granted I have a huge sleep deficit and have averaged four or five hours in the past (three jobs), but it does get frustrating to sleep so much (granted poorly) and still have to fight to get out of bed. 

What interests me though is that I do wake around five and feel somewhat alert. I may play with getting up at that time even though intellectually it feels too early. Just rambling a bit. I think I will play with this. Otherwise doing well!

• Moderators

@snowflower and @FightingHashi, you can get canned salmon without bones and skin -- it costs a little more, but if it weirds you out too much, it might be worth it. It's in a shorter can, like tuna, not the taller can that most canned salmon comes in. Wild Planet makes some, I'm guessing other companies do too. If you just want salmon salad, it's kind of nice to have, since you can just dump it out of the can, add mayo & whatever veggies you like, and eat.

@tiglilygirl some days, you're going to be hungrier than other days. It's okay. For women, it can be related to where you are in your cycle -- the week or so leading up to your period is usually a time when you're going to be hungrier, and probably craving carby stuff. Just eat more -- one of the other mods here in the forum has posted about how she ends up eating twice as much at that time. Even if it's not related to that, it's okay to have days when you're hungry -- maybe you were a little more active, or a little more stressed, or something else. It's one reason that Whole30 doesn't have you track calories -- those programs can't take into account that sometimes your body just needs more food. Do try to focus on having mini meals of protein, fat, and vegetables, rather than fruit by itself.

20 hours ago, FightingHashi said:

Kyoung123 - What did you put in your Taco Salad? This sounds good. I do love Taco salad. Didn't think about making one of those. Maybe just some lettuce, tomato, avocado and chicken? Minus the taco?

@FightingHashi I actually made taco beef with this super simple recipe: http://not-your-average-mom.com/whole30-approved-taco-seasoning-tastes-just-like-stuff-packets/  I ate it with lettuce, black olives, pico de galo from Trader Joe's, and wholly guacamole. It was delicious! I didn't even miss the cheese or corn chips. I saw something about eating quac with plantain chips as a snack and I'd love to try that. Supposedly Trader Joe's plantain chips are whole30 compliant. Will have to check for them next time I'm there.

Day 21 in the books. I'm feeling really good, but like @Eruiel and @snowflower  I've also been tired at night, falling asleep most nights by 9:00. 

I'm beginning to feel more confident that I can live whole30ish after the thirty days. December will be difficult with all the holiday cooking and happenings and I know I'll be eating non-whole30 here and there, but I hope to follow the rules in Food Freedom Forever, which I'm starting to read now.

B: breakfast meatloaf and two clementines (I just couldn't eat veggies this morning)

L: shrimp salad with celery and w30 mayo, leftover Brussels sprouts, a spoonful of almond butter

D: leftover beef and cabbage stew w/ cauliflower rice

Good evening all!

Day 23!! One week left to go! I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving since I am having some serious food boredom lately.... I am making the mashed potatoes for the family so we'll see how that goes. I am planning on bringing a compliant side in addition to the mash--maybe roasted brussels sprouts & squash with pomegranate seeds to make it pretty & then I can fill my plate with that and not be tempted too much with the pumpkin pie.

Feeling pretty good these past few days! I know my husband is-He has been whole30 with me but weighing himself and he lost 15 lbs between the two semi back to back whole30s we've done (took off about 2 weeks and felt so crappy so back on!) That scale is calling me....

B-Scrambled eggs with spinach, salsa, & avocado

L-(wasn't too hungry by 1pm) leftover kale & chorizo soup- just a couple bites, a banana and some carrot slices with home made mayo

D-Baked Sole with carrots and green beans with Ghee, mustard and lemon juice.

Anybody have good crock pot recipes or something different??? I'm getting seriously bored of the normal rotation.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Kyoung123 said:

Supposedly Trader Joe's plantain chips are whole30 compliant. Will have to check for them next time I'm there.

No, they're not. Here's the official word on any variety of store-bought or commercially prepared chips:

Chips: Not if they’re commercially prepared and/or deep fried

While we recognize that potatoes and other veggies are a real food, we also know that eating them in the form of fries and chips has turned them from “produce” into an adulterated commercial “product.” It’s easy to find sweet potato, beet, or vegetable chips that meet the Whole30 ingredient standards. It is not easy, however, to consume those chips in a way that’s true to the spirit of the Whole30. It’s hard to find a suitable place for them in our meal planning template (no, half a bag of “Sweets and Beets” is not an appropriate way to fill your plate with vegetables), and even harder to stop yourself from eating them when the designated serving comes to an end. For most of us, chips are a bonafide food-with-no-brakes, and fall into that deep, dark area of less-healthy foods with technically compliant ingredients. For that reason, we do not allow frying starchy veggies and turning them into chips during your Whole30. (However, if you want to roast some kale until it’s crispy, or thinly slice jicama into a scoop for your guacamole, be our guest.)

Also keep in mind that if your meals are large enough, you shouldn't really need snacks, and if you are hungry between meals, it's best to have a mini meal of protein, fat, and vegetable.

Thank you @ShannonM816. I guess it is too good to be true :). About eating so much at a meal, I just can't make myself do it sometimes. It's just too much food. And then I'm working, get hungry, and didn't plan a mini meal so I'm looking for something easy. As always, it all comes back to planning ahead. Guess I need to do a better job of that.

DAY 25!

All is well, my son was complaining of an upset stomach last night, so I haven't been to they gym once this week, and tonight I have an appointment after work-so that will be a bust! I am having some female issues going on and I am blaming Whole30....(my cycle is two weeks early and making me feel tired (EXHAUSTED!!), and hungry for anything sweet). I am holding strong, I am just hoping this is short lived.

Food Today:

Breakfast: homemade turkey sausage with peppers and onions, sliced sweet potatoes (baked in olive oil), 5 olives stuffed with jalapenos, wholly guacamole, 1 grapefruit, 1 grapes, water and coffee. Snack (I was starving) apple lara bar

Lunch: Mole pulled pork (premade meal) with veggies and potato cooked in olive oil. 3-4 olives, banana, water. 

Dinner: Three scrambled eggs, small baked potato with ghee, tomato, salsa, baby carrots?, kombucha. Maybe an apple or grapefruit. 

Good Morning All!

Today I'm feeling great! I received some preliminary info on that breathing test I did and it's looking like I'm positive for intestinal bacteria overgrowth and probably also yeast. This could be the answers I've been waiting to hear for 2+yrs!!!  I'll get the answer from the doctor today but the nurse yesterday said she couldn't "confirm" but it looked positive.  Anyhow, I'm awaiting that call, and hopefully what is the next step in my health journey. With the list of symptoms from these issues, it's no wonder I have had all the bloating, and burning. I also have a follow up with my naturopath today, which I am still going to have her check a couple of other things for me just to see if anything else is on.  I'm finding out having Hashimoto's can really wreak havoc on your body.

Today's meals will include Chipotle because I will be working out, getting my kids to gymnastics and have a massage (Can't wait for my massage!).

B: My usual eggs and hash browns, carrots

L: Leftover egg roll in a bowl

Pre-WO: Salmon cakes and sauce

D: Chipotle - Carnitas, lettuce, pico and guac

Happy HUMP DAY, Everyone! You're all so close to your 30 days!

23 hours ago, Kyoung123 said:

Supposedly Trader Joe's plantain chips are whole30 compliant. Will have to check for them next time I'm there.

Like @ShannonM816 said these aren't compliant on a Whole 30, but are wonderful when NOT doing a Whole 30.  I crumble them up and put them on taco salad to give me that crunch that I love, but they don't create all kinds of craziness like corn tortilla chips for me.  There are NO BRAKES on corn tortilla chips for me, so I avoid having them in the house.  Always.  Very dangerous.  

Cruising along.  Getting a little bored with my food the past 2 weeks since I'm basically packing the same lunch.  Every.  Day.  A big green salad with homemade dressing plus my protein.  Last week was salmon cakes with awesome sauce.  This week is chicken drumsticks.  Once I'm done with training and I'm not working every day it'll be easier.  I am SO looking forward to my 12 hour shifts.  

I'm having scale cravings, as well, @Maggieb123....but don't cave.  Stay strong.  It's no different than eating a big plate of paleo pancakes!  It's NOT Whole30 compliant.  Maybe TMI, but today when I was going to the bathroom my pants fell off all the way to the floor....that's how loose they are.  Why does the number on the scale still matter?!  I'd rather have my pants fall on the floor! :D

As far as crock pot meals....these are two of my favorites that I make over and over again:  http://nomnompaleo.com/post/4807547385/slow-cooker-roast-chicken-and-gravy  and http://meljoulwan.com/2012/10/16/slow-cooker-italian-pork-roast/

I use leeks in the chicken and gravy recipe and it's amazing.  I serve with cauli rice or cauli mash.

The pork shoulder is so versatile.  You can eat plain, put in soups or salads, eat in lettuce leaf with mayo, etc.  If you can find bone in pork shoulder, I think it tastes better.

I've been away for a few days.... but I'm still here and still going strong!  It's been a totally crazy busy weekend and beginning of the week. I've been sick but due to night activities and working to prepare for a huge symposium at work, I don't think I've been able to get enough sleep to let my body rest and heal.  That has bummed me out as I think I might feel a little more "tiger blood" stage if I wasn't fighting this cold and cough.  I am getting a little bored with my meal plans and haven't had the time to meal prep with super special... I've also tried drinking more bone broth than usual.  Here's what I had today and I hope to continue posting as many of us make our way into the home stretch.

B: 2 overeasy eggs, sweet potato chips (ran out of time with veggies)

L: all meat & veggie chili (recipe here) over spaghetti squash, carrots and celery in guac

D: kale pear walnut cranberry salad w/ olive oil, bowl of bone broth, slices of turkey, apple

I'm making egg roll in a bowl because tomorrow night - several of you have talked about how much you love it! :) Excited to try!

@FightingHashi That is such great news! Did you get a more definitive answer? I have been chasing my own medical condition with no answers or even clues and I know how frustrating that is! I'm so glad you may have found something to work with! Also I hope you enjoyed your massage. I gave four of them today and love my work. I love hearing about people loving massage.

I thought I was all done with my cold but then spiked a fever on the way home and got all chilled and achey. Sad because I'm supposed to start a four day crainiosacral workshop tomorrow but alas think I must stay in bed. Hoping everyone else with colds is on the mend.

I do notice that I am emotionally much more even keeled which is great. Should be starting my period in the next day or two which would usually have me up the wall anxious or very depressed but nothing major yet which is great! I I plan to wait to start reintroduction until I am done bleeding so I can see how I'm feeling without all that extra hormonal influence. Kind of crazy that many of us are closing in on 30 days!

All right. Rambling. To bed with me!

Day 26th!

I have been feeling exhausted these last two mornings- bummer. I hope to get to the gym for the first time this week tonight. Otherwise nothing new to report.I did have a doctor appt. last night and I peaked at the scale, with clothes I was up two pounds from my starting date :(

Food today:

Breakfast:  homemade turkey sausage with peppers and onions, sliced sweet potatoes (baked in olive oil), I fried scrambled egg with salsa, wholly guacamole, 1 grapefruit. Coffee and water

Lunch: 3 scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil topped with salsa, 1/2 sweet potato with GHEE, previously frozen chopped spinach, 3-4 olives with jalapeno, banana. Water

GYM 30 MINUTES (fingers crossed)- may have epic bar for pre-snack

Dinner: Chicken breast (possibly with some mustard and spicy mayo mix), sweet potato with ghee, broccoli. Apple or Grapefruit, Kombucha. Water. 

@Eruiel Still no answer. Apparently the doctor doesn't find calling with my results "urgent" enough. I'm trying to stay patient. I called yesterday and the nurse said he hadn't had a chance to look at the results. So I sit here waiting and hoping to get that positive answer today. Makes for a VERY long day at the office. My appointment with the naturopath went well and we're awaiting the results before she and I work on looking into other possible issues. It's felt like a LONG journey, but I hope with the combination of the Paleo, I'm on my way to feeling good again. 

I had my typical breakfast and may have to run home for lunch and BBQ a breast of chicken with some veggies, since I went to Chipotle last night and don't have any leftovers.  I did bring my salmon cakes for a Pre-WO snack and have a sausage, potato, pepper meal planned for dinner.  http://www.eatyourbeets.com/recipes/one-pan-sausage-potatoes-peppers/

Also, for the crockpot question. The only thing I've made so far in my crockpot was a roast and I just tossed in the roast with some carrots, potatoes, and onion and seasoned with some salt and pepper and a cup of water. Nothing fancy, but it's always easy and still compliant. You can probably add more seasonings and flavors to make it a little more intriguing. 

Glad to see some of you are feeling results. My only noticeable NSV so far is my clear skin. I'm pretty sure the last time my skin was this clear was pre-puberty. LOL :) No crazy loose clothing or anything, but I did find a few cute new tops at Old Navy yesterday on sale, so that was a victory for me. I have been squeezing into my old clothes for some time now and refused to buy new ones until I fit in my old clothes again. I'm learning to love my body the way it is, as long as I know I'm eating healthy and working out. 

Day 27th! I am so happy it is Friday, this has been a very long week. 

I am so ready to be DONE!!!

I am definitely having the mental battle of, I am only a few days away, why not have a glass of wine tonight with dinner? I know I won't but its a constant battle right now. 

Not feeling significantly different at all at this stage in the game. I feel about the same. So far my analysis is that my body responds better to healthy foods with a calorie restriction. I like that I am eating more during these 30 days- yet I also feel that my weight is not being helped by all of this eating. 

Food today:

Breakfast: three fried eggs topped with salsa, 1/2 sweet potato, wholly quac, cooked spinach, banana. 

Lunch: (this is a grazing/travel afternoon) lemon lara bar, justin's almond butter on the go, apple, epic turkey bar. Water.

Dinner: Chicken breast and sides....not quite sure yet. 

Not a lot going on this weekend, but I want to do a deep cleaning on the house before travel this week and I need to get all the laundry done- so I can pack :). 

@tiglilygirl I'm always 2-5lbs heavier at the doctor's office. Their scales are evil! Hopefully it was the clothes and that they probably show you heavier than your scale would at home. I would be willing to bet you've stayed the same and maybe will find you've lost a lb or two at the end of the 30 days. But I can totally understand the frustration. 

I had the one pan sausage last night (see above link) and it was actually really good. With just three ingredients I didn't think it was going to taste all that good and it was actually really good in my opinion and SUPER fast to put together. I only used two bell peppers because three seemed excessive, but they wilt down a bit, so three is actually a good number. I'll be making it again. 

Today's menu is pretty simple: It's the end of the week and I'm running out of ingredients so I'll just be BBQing some chicken tonight and cooking whatever medley of veggies I have left in the fridge. Something the whole family can eat and maybe enjoy. My breakfast was the usual and I brought some of the one pan sausage leftovers for lunch and the last of my salmon cakes for a Pre-WO snack. I ended up not going to crossfit yesterday because I just felt so tired. I think it was a combination of reasons. Just having worked out all week, sitting at my desk having a very slow day and running my heater because I was cold, which makes me tired.  I think I'll try to stay more active away from my desk today so I don't get into another slump. 

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend!!!

3 hours ago, tiglilygirl said:

Day 27th! I am so happy it is Friday, this has been a very long week. 

I am so ready to be DONE!!!

I am definitely having the mental battle of, I am only a few days away, why not have a glass of wine tonight with dinner? I know I won't but its a constant battle right now.  

@tiglilygirl I am doing the same with the wine. I won't drink any until I'm done, but I'm thinking of it more. Tonight will be my soda water in a wine glass. We'll get that wine eventually. I just hope drinking it doesn't make me feel like crap!

So tomorrow, I'm taking my son to an all-day college visit/tour. I'm not expecting a lot of compliant food. And I don't think I'll be able to get back to our car so I'm not planning to bring a cooler. What can I bring in my purse besides nuts, apples, and lara bars to eat during the day? I don't have any compliant jerky, but maybe I'll check out Fresh Market after work to see if they have any. I definitely need some protein. Any other ideas?

Made this last night and it was a big hit in our house: http://www.paleonewbie.com/crockpot-green-chili-pork-cilantro-lime-cauliflower-rice-recipe/ Very easy too. It will definitely go into the family cookbook. Had leftovers for lunch. mmmmmm

Happy Friday all!

On 11/16/2016 at 6:59 PM, snowflower said:

I'm having scale cravings, as well, @Maggieb123....but don't cave.  Stay strong.  It's no different than eating a big plate of paleo pancakes!  It's NOT Whole30 compliant.  Maybe TMI, but today when I was going to the bathroom my pants fell off all the way to the floor....that's how loose they are.  Why does the number on the scale still matter?!  I'd rather have my pants fall on the floor! :D

As far as crock pot meals....these are two of my favorites that I make over and over again:  http://nomnompaleo.com/post/4807547385/slow-cooker-roast-chicken-and-gravy  and http://meljoulwan.com/2012/10/16/slow-cooker-italian-pork-roast/

I use leeks in the chicken and gravy recipe and it's amazing.  I serve with cauli rice or cauli mash.

The pork shoulder is so versatile.  You can eat plain, put in soups or salads, eat in lettuce leaf with mayo, etc.  If you can find bone in pork shoulder, I think it tastes better.

These recipes look AMAZING!!! My mouth is watering-- I'd never think to puree the onions and make a gravy with the chicken-- Maybe this will be my Monday next week dinner-- Thanks!!

Day 27

B-Spaghetti Squash and fried eggs

L-carrots, leftover roasted veggies, hard boiled eggs-- fridge clean out!

D-Mahi Mahi and Zoodles cooked in parchment with lemon juice and Ghee

Feeling good and ready for this to be done so I can get on that scale! ( I know it isn't as important as how I feel, but I just associate the number going down with my health and curiosity kills cats but I am staying strong!)

#NSV a shirt I haven't been able to fit into since before I got pregnant I wore yesterday :)

Day 27!  I can't believe it.  I know there is no such thing as a perfect Whole30, but this is my closest to perfect Whole30.  I'm not sure what has changed....maybe it's experience, maybe it's due to Food Freedom Forever, but whatever it is, I'm loving it.  

Here are some things I have done differently this time around that have made a difference:

1:  NO snacking.  During the past 27 days I have only "snacked" 1 time where it wasn't a balanced template meal.

2:  Pre and Post WO meals.  I really tried here this time around.  I wasn't perfect and sometimes I ended up skipping meal 1 due to my lack of hunger/desire to eat, but I made a definitive effort.

3:  I did NOT get on the scale.  This is my scale victory! 

4.  My perception about Day 30 is different....It doesn't feel like the end.  It feels more like a transition period.

5.  I didn't eat frozen fruit or dried fruit.  I have used these in the past to feed my sugar dragon.  Eliminating them completely made a huge difference.

.....that's all I can think of now.  

My training for the new job is DONE!  So now I start my 12 hour shifts.  First one is Sunday night (overnight) and I go for 3 days in a row.  Then have 5 days off until I start over again.  So I've got some cooking to do today to prepare for a tough 3 days.  I'm thinking I'll do salmon cakes with awesome sauce, egg frittata muffins, and the beef burrito over street fries recipe from Well Fed Weeknights (I'm already craving that one again.)   I have some soups and chili in the freezer if I need something extra.

My kids are with their dad all week for Thanksgiving and my SO and I decided to do Thanksgiving on our own this year.  We turned down 3 invitations, but not entirely because I'll be in reintro phase.  The election is such a sensitive topic right now and we have family and friends who lie on both ends of the spectrum.  Each potential gathering has the probability of getting very heated....THAT is what we truly want to avoid.  It'll be less stress all around.  

Enjoy your weekend!

11 hours ago, snowflower said:

My kids are with their dad all week for Thanksgiving and my SO and I decided to do Thanksgiving on our own this year.  We turned down 3 invitations, but not entirely because I'll be in reintro phase.  The election is such a sensitive topic right now and we have family and friends who lie on both ends of the spectrum.  Each potential gathering has the probability of getting very heated....THAT is what we truly want to avoid.  It'll be less stress all around.  

@snowflower I can relate. We're taking a risk and for the first time this year we are intermixing my husband's family with mine (we just married last year) and his mom and dad who are divorced, along with his siblings. Unfortunately, we have some strong headed political beliefs in opposing directions in the family, so I've already addressed a message to everyone that we have a "no politics" rule on that day. I'm really hoping everyone follows the rule. Otherwise it could mean some not so pleasant discussions and possibly people going home early. We'll have a house full of 20 people. Yikes...what was I thinking? LOL

Archived