Hello everyone! I'm back to log my third Whole30. I'm excited to get back to it! Let me reintroduce myself...

My name is Kate and I am an upstate New Yorker going for my Master's in Information Science with a focus in archives and records management. I did my first Whole30 is February, my second in July and am now going for magical number three. I had amazing results after both rounds but ended up falling off the wagon both times. I stayed relatively compliant for the last couple of months but completely gave up two weeks ago because of the stress from work, school, and a new long distance relationship. I'm hoping that by doing another round, I can get my life back on track and do something for myself. Also it will be a nice to have control over something in my life and distract myself from the things I can't change. Along with logging my daily food intake, I also hope to use this forum as a log for exercising. I really miss working out and hope to start getting back in shape. All in all, I want to get back into a healthier lifestyle. I've done it before and I know I can do it again! Bring it on!

Day 1: October 23

Day 30: November 21 (just in time for Thanksgiving :))

Breakfast: 2 eggs, steak, tomatoes, and trader joe's salsa.

Lunch: Carrots, grapes, and almond butter.

Dinner: Salmon, kale, apple cabbage, grapes and almond butter.

Drinks: Water, seltzer, 2 pots of tea, 1 pot of coffee.

Exercise: Ran/walked 2.2 miles, plank for 1:30, 3 rounds of one minute each sit ups, push ups, air squats, and burpees.

Day 2:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, steak, tomatoes, and trader joe's salsa.

Lunch: 2 eggs, chicken apple sausage, kale, apple cabbage, carrots, and grapes.

Dinner: Salmon, kale, apple cabbage, and carrots.

Drinks: Water, Seltzer, Green Tea, Coffee

Exercise: None. Fairly soar from yesterday, but I plan to pick it up tomorrow. Need to ease into my regime. 

So my body is in need of adjusting. I use to snack all the time and now I'm brining it in to just three main meals...three massive meals that could be healthier. I also find that whenever I watch Netflix, I need to eat. I think my goal for tomorrow is going to be to eat my meals at a table away from a screen. I'm also going to try and not eat when I do watch TV. I did up my water intake today by a lot which I was proud of. Taking things one day at a time. 

Day 3:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, chicken apple sausage, kale, tomatoes, trader joe's salsa.

Lunch: Carrots, apple, steak.

Dinner: Steak, ratatouille, beets, grapes.

Drinks: Water, seltzer, coffee.

Exercise: 4 rounds of 5 glute bridges, 10 alternating step-ups (with 10 lb dumbells), 15 chest press (with 10 lb dumbells), and 20 sit-ups.

Ended up going to my parents house for dinner. This was a challenge because my parents have a lot of junk in their house and my mom had just gone to the grocery store and brought home cookies, donut holes, pastries, etc. (you see why I need the Whole30). I stayed compliant though! Avoided temptation by hanging out with my brother in his room.

My goal yesterday was to eat all my meals away from a screen and I failed. I watched The Office while eating breakfast this morning...(couldn't resist...it was Jim and Pam). I will try to do this again tomorrow. I'm not going to introduce a new goal until I complete this one. Like I said before, one day at a time.

Day 4:

Breakfast: Steak, 2 eggs, ratatouille.

Lunch: 2 eggs, chicken apple sausage, kale, tomatoes, trader joe's salsa, 1/2 an avocado.

Dinner: Salmon, kale, apple cabbage, and carrots.

Snack: 1 apple.

Drinks: Water, Seltzer, tea, coffee.

Exercise: None. :unsure:

So life got in the way of my workout today. I was behind in a couple of assignments for grad school and spent most of the day (when I wasn't in class) working on them. I did watch netflix during breakfast and lunch but stayed away during dinner so that is a small accomplishment. I am planning on waking up early again tomorrow (I've been waking up at 5:30 the last two days) and working out first thing. Day 5, here I come!

Sorry I forgot to post last night!

Day 5: 

Breakfast: 2 eggs, chicken apple sausage, kale, tomatoes, half an avocado.

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, onions, kale, and 1/2 an avocado. Apple.

Dinner: Beef burger with lettuce, roasted potatoes, and carrots.

Drinks: Water, seltzer, and coffee.

Exercise: None, but I did hit 10,000 steps with my fitbit which was at least something. 

I failed at waking up early yesterday. I stayed up way too late and have not been getting enough lately. I need to start getting my priorities straight. Hopefully I will do better tomorrow. 

Day 6:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, tomatoes, onions, half an avocado.

Lunch: Salmon, kale, tomatoes, onions, 1/2 and avocado, dill sauerkraut, all dressed with lemon juice. Apple

Dinner: Steak, 1/2 a sweet potato, sautéed zucchini and onions, baby romaine, grapes. 

Drinks: Water, seltzer, tea, coffee

Exercise: 3 rounds of weighted squats, shoulder press, reverse lunges, mountain climbers, and 30-second side plank for each side. 

I'm at my parents house until Sunday and will need all my strength to resist all of the bad junk food and non-compliant food they have lying around the house. Tomorrow I would like to go for a run, weather permitting (it snowed yesterday...and it's only October).  I'm not so hardcore where I run in the rain and snow. Tomorrow I will try again to avoid Netflix during my meals. First week is almost done! 

Day 7: One week down! 

Breakfast: 2 eggs, salsa, 1/2 an avocado, steak.

Lunch: Tuna, 1/2 an avocado, salsa

Dinner: Steak, brussel sprouts, potato, baby romaine, grapes.

Snack: Grapes

Drinks: (Not enough) water, 2 cups of coffee. 

Exercise: None :(

Today I performed in an orchestra concert! It went really well :) but I did slack with exercising. But I didn't watch Netflix(TV/All Streaming sites) with any meals today! I count that as a win! First week down and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm really going to step up my A game this week.

Day 8: 

Breakfast: 2 eggs, salsa, 1/2 a piece of steak.

Lunch: 2 eggs, 1/2 a piece of steak, kale, green beans, salsa.

Dinner: Salmon, 1/2 an avocado, dill sauerkraut, apple cabbage.

Snack: Apple

Drinks: Water, tea, coffee.

Exercise: None 

I was lazy again today. Not a real excuse, I know. New goal for this week: try and hit 10,000 steps with my fitbit everyday. 

Sorry for slacking on my posts the last couple of days!

Day 9:

Breakfast: Steak, 2 eggs, salsa, 1/2 an avocado, kale, onions.

Lunch: Almond butter, dried apples, carrots, cashews.

Dinner: Almond butter, hard boiled egg. 

Drinks: Water, coffee, ginger kombucha.

Exercise: None, but I hit 10,000 steps!

I let my cravings get the best of me and overdid it with nuts and almond butter. I didn't have enough protein or vegetables. 

Day 10: 

Breakfast: Steak, 2 eggs, salsa, kale, onions.

Lunch: Steak, 1 egg, kale, tomatoes, green beans.

Dinner: Chicken, kale, sweet potato stew, almond butter, cashews.

Drinks: Water, coffee, original kombucha.

Exercise: 10,000 steps reached. 

Once again I ate too much almond butter. I can't keep almond butter in my apartment because I will over indulge. I'm also starting to hit a wall with my meals. I need more variety. I found a recipe for a Thai soup that looks like fun. Hopefully I'll give it a try this weekend.  

Day 11:

Lunch: 1 apple, 1 pomegranate, almond butter, 1 hard boiled egg.

Dinner: Chicken, kale, sweet potato stew.

Drinks: Water, coffee, tea.

Exercise: 30 minutes cardio, 10,000 steps reached.

Lunch was not good as it had only a little protein and was mostly fruit. It felt good to do some cardio. I'm hopefully going to do this more often. I'm feeling more motivated after today so hopefully this fire continues.

Day 12:

Lunch: Tuna, kale, 1/2 an avocado.

Dinner: Burger with pickles, ham, and pulled pork. Sweet potato.

Drinks: water, coffee.

Exercise: 10,000 steps hit!

Day 13:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, tomatoes, green beans.

Lunch: 1 hard boiled egg, almond butter, pomegranate.  

Dinner: Homemade Tom Kha Gai soup, cahsews.

Drinks: Water, coffee.

Exercise: None.

Day 14:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, green beans, tomatoes, trader joe's salsa, kale.

Lunch: Chicken, kale, sweet potato stew.

Dinner: Breakfast: Steak, 2 eggs, salsa, kale, 1/2 an avocado.

Exercise: 10,000 steps reached.

Day 15:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, trader joe's salsa

Lunch: Homemade Tom Kha Gai soup, cashews.

Dinner: cashews, 1 hard boiled egg, almond butter.

Exercise: none. 

Day 16:

Over the halfway mark!

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1/2 an avocado, kale, tomatoes, steak.

Lunch: Tom Kha Gai Soup, almond butter.

Dinner: Almond butter, chicken kale sweet potato stew.

Drinks: Water, coffee.

Exercise: Just missed the 10,000 step.

Notes: Ok so this past week I missed three days of reaching the mark for my fitbit steps. This week I'm going to try again to hit 10,000 steps everyday. Also, I would like to spend more time focusing on my meals. I haven't been putting any thought into it lately and have been struggling as a result. I am sleeping more soundly at night. 

Archived