J in Tx -- Whole 30 Diary

JinTx

Day 9

Wholly cow day 9!

Meal 1-fried egg on top of some hash. Hash was sweet potatoe, zuccinni and mushrooms

Meal 2-pork chops with sauerkraut

Snack-carrot sticks with almond butter

Meal 3-fried egg, avacado and ground beef/veggie mix, 4 dates

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 10.

What a day what a day. Had a work lunch that i totally forgot about. My first time going out to eat since going w30. Ugh. My tummy hurt afterwards. I can only think they either marinade the steak or used oil despite me saying not

To. Anyway, my tummyache lasted a few hours but seems better now.

Meal 1-scrambled eggs w/ mixture of zuccinni and sweet potatoe

Meal 2-sirloin steak, brocolli

Meal 3-chicken thigh, green beans,curry zuccinni

I will probably have a banana with almond butter later as well.

J

Day 11!!!! Yippie. Again, just wasnt real hungry today. Work got crazy around lunchtime so I was forced to eat snacky type food.

Meal 1-2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 pear

Meal 2-larabar, black olives, kombucha

Meal 2-paleo sloppy joe meat on top of lettuce with cucumber, kalamatta olives, salsa and jalapenos

J

Day 12

Meal 1-scrambled eggs. And i didnt even want to eat at all!

Midmorning my hunger was back!

Snack-sauerkraut

Snack again-pistachios and dried cherrie (no sugar, no sulpher)

Meal2-salad greens with cucumber, tomato, olives and a chicken thigh and leg as protein salsa for dressing. I needed more fat this meal and i felt it!

Yet Another snack-more pistachios and cherries

Meal 3-can of tuna mixed with guacamole and

Olives in a lettuce cup drizzeled with mustard. Yuck! Only ate half.

Went to bed early!

J

Day 13

Meal 1-scrambled eggs with salsa

Meal 2-hard boiled eggs, olives, sauerkraut, pistachios

Snack-apple with almond butter

Meal 3-went to a bbq. The meat was safe but not grassfed. Lettuce, tomatoe with ground meat on top, mustard as dressing. Few cherry tomatoes, carrots. Really felt like i needed more fat. Maybe a drizzle of oil on my salad or something. Also had some baked sweet potatoe.

J

I feel awesome!! My skin is clearer and my stomach no longer hurts. My BMs (tmi, sorry) have changed. Things i have always thought were normal for me, im realizing they are not normal. I havent noticed a change in energy level. My grandmother also decided to join in on the fun and started her w30 last monday. I definantly feel this is just what i needed to get me on track. My plan is to go to paleo once my w30 is up. Actually, it will be a little longer than 30 days, i will continue til thanksgiving and for thanksgiving i will make paleo pumpkin pie. I already have the recipe! Lol. Then from there i will continue with paleo and see where it takes me.

J

Good to hear! You are still early in the process, so the fact that you are already experiencing good stuff is awesome! Don't worry about energy, tiger blood may still come your way. It's fantastic that your grandmother is doing this with you! Keep on!

Day 14

Meal 1-omlette with mixed veggies (green peppers, onions and mushrooms)

Meal 2-can of tuna mixed with pico de gallo in lettuce boats, handful of cashews

Meal 3-tbone steak, yellow squash, green beans, sweet potatoe

J

Day 15

Meal 1-omlette with mixed veggies and adeles chicken sausage

Meal 2-this meal totally totally totally sucked! Leftover tbone steak on top of salad with pico de gallo for dressing. Ick. Didnt like it. Hardly ate any of the steak. Ate a hard boiled egg instead.

Snack-had a dr appt which took waaay to long amd i didnt have food. So i stopped and got a larabar and kombucha. Had a handful of cashews when I got home.

Meal 3-roasted chicken, cabbaged cooked in ghee, zuccinni with mushrooms

Day 16

Uggghhhh! Today was hard. I was emotional and cravings were bad. I freaked out in costco today bc being surrounded by all that bad food...aaahhhh! Then at work a vendor brought a bucket of candy. I actually had a peice in my hand wanting to eat it. But i didnt. I put it down. I think i was surprised that on day 16 i am still struggling with it.

Meal 1-veggie omlette with adeles chicken sausage

Meal 2-roasted chicken, cabbage in ghee, zuccinni

Snack-hard boiled egg, kombucha

Meal 3-beef and brocolli from paleo parents, cauliflower rice, fruit salad (pinapples and strawberries)

May have an apple with almond butter later.

J

It's strange Emily, if I am in my healthfood store or whole foods i am fine bc i shop with my list and mealplan...but if i have to run into a store for a quick item i get panicy....maybe its bc awhile back i did diane sanfilipod 21 day sugar

Detox and on day 8 i picked up a pastry at the store...no good reason, just wanted it. I am ok with a plan...but the unexpected gives me anxiety. I am proud that i hung in there.

J

Day 17

I survived a Potluck at work. Ice cream, croissants, cupcakes....it was so hard to resist. I came so close to having ice cream. I had brought my own lunch as well to make sure what I had was clean

Meal 1-scrambled eggs in ghee, adeles chicken apple sausage

Snack-fresh mango

Meal 2-dark meat chicken avacado, pico de gallo, cucumbers, tomatoes

Snack-fresh pineapple

Meal 3-roast (grassfed) with carrots

Snack-handful of cashews, 2 dates, 2 dried apricots

Waaaaay too much fruit today. But better than ice cream!

J

The unknown is difficult and requires energy for will power (Whole9 have written about will power... I think one of the Dailies is even about will power). Great job hanging in there! You are getting through one obstacle after another; you can do this! Woot!

Day 18

Another difficult day. Temptation was strong today. I held strong but sheesh, i didnt think it'd be this hard on day 18!

Meal 1-leftover beef pot roast with carrots

Meal 2-dark meat chicken, avacado, green salad

Snack-cashews

Meal 3-leftover beef potroast and carrots

I have come to conclusion that my cravings may never go away. Again the temptation was strong. Ugggh it was hard though.

Meal 1-scrambled eggs, Adele's sausage, abs ado

Meal 2-chipotle salad bowl--lettuce, carnitas, guac, pick

Meal 3-leftover beef roast--that was a huge hunk of cow!!

Tomorrow I get to meet Diane sanfilippo for the practical paleo book signing. Yippie!!

J

I would add it to your meals. Sometimes a craving IS something to be listened to, but that is just my opinion. It may be a sign that your body just needs some more carbohydrates. Let the biochemistry work in your favor, and listen to it.

Day 20

Wonderful day! No cravings. Went to Diane sanfilippos book signing and Q & A session. I enjoyed it. Hope I can go to one of her seminars sometime.

Meal 1-scrambled eggs and MORE leftover beef roast and carrots

Snack-hard boiled egg, 1/4 bottle of komucha

Meal 2-paleo shepards pie

Meal 3-paleo shepards pie

post-6882-0-37902200-1351991890_thumb.jp

Archived