J in Tx -- Whole 30 Diary

JinTx

Day 21. I made the choice to eat noncompliant food today. Ughhhhh! On day 21. 21. I have to start over. It was a mindful intentional choice. Gluten, dairy, sugar and msg. I NEED to start over.

I am so embarassed. I feel like such a hypocrit. I was at a freakin paleo book signing YESTERDAY and today I make the choice to eat crap.

I just need to get my thoughts together tonight and continue with my log on this thread with Day 1 tomorrow.

J

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone. So I really gave this a lot of thought yesterday. I didnt eat clean yesterday and paid the price for it. Tummy felt icky. Yesterday i realized that prior to my W30 i was having this pain way down low in my stomach--usually i mistook it for menstrual cramps--even if i wasnt on my P. Yesterday that pain returned and it was then that i realized that same pain had went away when i was eating clean. Duh!

Sometimes stuff is so simple, so in your face, that it makes you feel stupid when the light bulb goes off.

I gave a lot of thought as to why i went off course 2 days ago. I guess i could justify it better if there was some special occassion that we had...at a party and the dessert was just to good to resist...nada, not what happened. I just ate crap bc i chose to eat crap. Whatever. Its done.

So, moving forward, i wanted to spell out some goals for this w30.

1. Take pictures of all my meals. If i eat it i photo it. I think this will help me as i reflect back on my day.

2. At least 3 nights per week get 8 hrs of sleep. I know 3 nights per week isnt ideal, but baby steps and i will get there. I wake up at 5 am and usually go to be at 10. Last night i went to bed at 8:45 and 4:45 i woke before my alarm and felt good.

3. Move 2 times per week. Again, not ideal but 2 times is better than no times. Again, baby steps.

4. Eat compliant foods, however i will make a paleo pumpkin pie on thanksgiving and i will eat a slice.

5. Forgive myself. I had 20 awesome days. Some were a struggle, some were not. It is what it is. This isnt about a whole 20 or 30 or any other number. This is about the rest of my life. There will be bumps and hiccups along the way but i will move forward and carry on.

Day 1 is today. And it is going to be a good one.

J

Archived