Day 14 - Still constipated

So I'm on day 14 and I have been constipated almost this entire time and I'm SO frustrated. Today I stopped all vitamins but before today I was taking fish oil twice a day, vitamin d, zinc, and digestive enzymes. And most nights drinking some magnesium. I still drink homemade kombucha daily and on day 12 I added some stool softeners to try to move things forward. I drink between 85-100+ oz of water a day. I walk at least 1 mile a day, sometimes more depending on the day and have been crossfitting/weightlifting 5 days a week. I also drink coffee with homemade almond milk almost every morning. 

Samples of meals are as follows. 

10/21 - B - Egg quiche with sweet potato & zucchini crust, cucumber, carrots, and cashews.   Post workout - 1 HB egg & sweet potato cubes.  L - Leftover kalua pork, sweet potato fries, cucumber, 1/2 avocado, 1 apple. D - Steak cooked, 1/2 avocado, sweet potato cubes, carrots, steamed broccoli

10/22 - B/pre-workout - Egg quiche, avocado.  Post workout - Sweet potato hash, 1 egg, 1/2 avocado L - tuna with homemade mayo, celery, carrot, cucumber, apple. D - kalua pork, avocado, sweet potatoes, broccoli

10/23 - B - Egg quiche with broccoli, almonds, cucumber, tomato. L - 1/2 avocado, kalua pork, sweet potato, broccoli, cucumber, tomoato. D - Grilled chicken thighs, roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, 1/2 avocado. 

10/24 - Preworkout - cashews & soft boiled egg, 1/2 cup coffee with almond milk. Post workout - egg quiche with bell peppers. B - Egg quiche, 1/2 avocado, cucumber, tomato, blueberries. L - chicken thigh, 1/2 avocado, tomato, carrots, sweet potato, egg plant, cucumber, apple. D - steak, carrots, brussel sprouts, tomato, cucumber. 

10/25 (today) - B/preworkout - thai omelette (fish sauce, tapioca flour, 3 eggs) 1/2 avocado, sweet potato & zucchini hash, grapes, cucumber, tomato. Post workout - thai omelette & sweet potato. L - soon to be determined. 

*note all egg quiche have sweet potato crust*

• Moderators

From what I can see right off the bat, you're eating a lot of starchy carbs... sweet potato and//or carrots at every meal.

Green non starchy veggies are the what keeps things moving... you also don't mention if your other veg are cooked but cooked veg are easier on digestion than raw, especially crucifers like broccoli.  Sub out the sweet potato at some meals for more non starchy veg.

How much water are you drinking?  Are you getting the 1/2oz per pound of body weight?

You may want to try Natural Calm.  The unsweetened one is compliant and it can be very helpful in digestion... it also helps with sleep so often people take it at night... be careful with dosing and work up because too much will cause the opposite problem than what you're having.

85oz is half my body weight so I'm meeting and exceeding it most days. 

I drink nature calm most nights. 

Sweet potatoes are always cooked, carrots are 50/50. Broccoli is always cooked. I put raw next to the carrots when they weren't cooked. 

14 minutes ago, MrsKennel said:

So I'm on day 14 and I have been constipated almost this entire time and I'm SO frustrated. Today I stopped all vitamins but before today I was taking fish oil twice a day, vitamin d, zinc, and digestive enzymes. And most nights drinking some magnesium. I still drink homemade kombucha daily and on day 12 I added some stool softeners to try to move things forward. I drink between 85-100+ oz of water a day. I walk at least 1 mile a day, sometimes more depending on the day and have been crossfitting/weightlifting 5 days a week. I also drink coffee with homemade almond milk almost every morning. 

Samples of meals are as follows. 

10/21 - B - Egg quiche with sweet potato & zucchini crust, cucumber, raw carrots, and cashews.   Post workout - 1 HB egg & sweet potato cubes.  L - Leftover kalua pork, sweet potato fries, cucumber, 1/2 avocado, 1 apple. D - Steak cooked, 1/2 avocado, sweet potato cubes, carrots, steamed broccoli

10/22 - B/pre-workout - Egg quiche, avocado.  Post workout - Sweet potato hash, 1 egg, 1/2 avocado L - tuna with homemade mayo, raw celery, carrot, cucumber, apple. D - kalua pork, avocado, sweet potatoes, broccoli

10/23 - B - Egg quiche with broccoli, almonds, cucumber, tomato. L - 1/2 avocado, kalua pork, sweet potato, broccoli, cucumber, tomoato. D - Grilled chicken thighs, roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, 1/2 avocado. 

10/24 - Preworkout - cashews & soft boiled egg, 1/2 cup coffee with almond milk. Post workout - egg quiche with bell peppers. B - Egg quiche, 1/2 avocado, cucumber, tomato, blueberries. L - chicken thigh, 1/2 avocado, tomato, carrots, sweet potato, egg plant, cucumber, apple. D - steak, carrots, brussel sprouts, tomato, cucumber. 

10/25 (today) - B/preworkout - thai omelette (fish sauce, tapioca flour, 3 eggs) 1/2 avocado, sweet potato & zucchini hash, grapes, cucumber, tomato. Post workout - thai omelette & sweet potato. L - soon to be determined. 

*note all egg quiche have sweet potato crust*

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Did you increase your non starchy veggies and reduce the amount of raw veggies you were eating?

Almost every meal that you originally posted has at least one if not more servings of starchy carbs which could be the problem.

I only see nuts and nut milk a couple of times but it's worth Karen's suggestion to cut them out too.

I did decrease raw veggies. 

Yesterday and (Most mornings) I have 2 egg muffins (equals out to about 3.2 eggs) (ingredients: eggs, coconut milk, spinach, and bell peppers) and either steamed broccoli, asparagus, or cauliflower  

Post workout - 2 egg muffins and 1/2 sweet potato 

Lunch is usually a version of leftovers, yesterday was hard boiled eggs in homemade ranch with steamed broccoli and steamed green beans and pineapple  

Dinner was pork tenderloin, scallop sweet potatoes cooked in ghee with onions and garlic, and grilled asparagus. 

Archived