Starting Whole30 Monday 10/31. Looking for people to do it with!

Pritika

Hello everyone! I just completed a 3 week Restart detox, which is essentially a sugar elimination program. I am realizing how less time it takes to revert to sugar (I don't do refined or brown sugar but at this point with a 40 pound weight loss goal, even maple syrup sounds like cheating!). I would love to get a group started to do a Whole30 so that we can support each other through the process. Any takers?? :)

Hi everyone! I'm in!! I'm also tired of feeling exhausted from lack of sleep and I know it is because of the crappy food choices I make and hormonal craziness. I'm a fitness instructor stuck in a sugar addiction from Hell. I laugh about it with others, but deep down it is troubling how much of a hold this has over me, my moods and general well being. Plus Perimenopause is in the house and I'll be damned if it is going to knock me down without a fight!! I would love to feel better and enjoy the rewards of both healthy eating and fitness. Soooooo grateful to have found support and to cheer you all on! See you Monday!:)

Hi I just posted in the forum somewhere else, trying to figure out how this works. I just joined and want to start Monday too. I haven't read this book you are talking about, but I want too! I am fascinated if it is the food that is making me feel so awful lately. I mean AWFUL! 

Hi I just posted in the forum somewhere else, trying to figure out how this works. I just joined and want to start Monday too. I haven't read this book you are talking about, but I want too! I am fascinated if it is the food that is making me feel so awful lately. I mean AWFUL! 

Hello! I will start tomorrow, Oct 31st also. Having extra support would be so helpful. I get caught in emotional cravings or being "too busy" to prioritize my health. I look forward to seeing the Whole30 through with this community!

In for this as well. I'm allergic to all the candy they hand out on Halloween anyway, so all I have to avoid is the 3 bean chili my father-in-law is bringing. Not a problem. I'm not a big fan of beans anyway. I want to aim for a Whole60 this time, to truly but the sugar cravings to rest, and then after that start the program as outlined in Food Freedom Forever. 

Where is everybody from?  What do you see as some obstacles to overcome? Im from Columbus, Ohio and work as a nurse in hospice. At night. That is something I need to work around as far as my schedule and my emotions.  I am a stress eater for sure.  I am also concerned about juggling a different menu than my husband and four year old. We will eat the same for dinner but as far as doing a strict whole 30 with them and dealing with the holidays, oy.  It's going to be a great opportunity to work through my stuff. At least that's what I am going to keep telling myself.

Hi all!

I am starting tomorrow too! I haven't read the book, but I'm familiar with it and understand the concepts from a lot of articles and resources through the Whole30 website.

I signed up for the Daily newsletter as well!

I am really ready hoping to stick this out, since I've attempted to start and complete the whole 30 days... instead of "starting" and having to "reset" after 4 days... which has been a cycle for longer than a month now. I made it 8, but that got challenged after going to an event.

I know it's a progression and baby steps, but I need to at least, for myself, know I can do the entire 30 days.

My friends, family, and cooworkers think I'm crazy or being "too hardcore," but this is a huge barrier in my life. Mentally mostly.... so I need more support than I thought.

Hope to make it through this time. *pray to the universe

I'm starting tomorrow too and would love support.  I have some friends who have done it and felt great when they were on it!  I've tried before but haven't made the full 30 days.  Really hoping I can this time.

9 hours ago, Hopepavon said:

I am also concerned about juggling a different menu than my husband and four year old. We will eat the same for dinner but as far as doing a strict whole 30 with them and dealing with the holidays, oy.

Hopepavon,

Don't juggle a different menu for others. Just embellish. Add a desert for them if they want it. Serve pasta as a side dish. Add bread to their plates not the table. You have no control over your husband, he's an adult. As for your 4 yr old....move her to less sugar and other bad stuff. At 4 my daughter thought steamed broccoli was a snack food.

12 hours ago, Hopepavon said:

Where is everybody from?  What do you see as some obstacles to overcome? Im from Columbus, Ohio and work as a nurse in hospice. At night. That is something I need to work around as far as my schedule and my emotions.  I am a stress eater for sure.  I am also concerned about juggling a different menu than my husband and four year old. We will eat the same for dinner but as far as doing a strict whole 30 with them and dealing with the holidays, oy.  It's going to be a great opportunity to work through my stuff. At least that's what I am going to keep telling myself.

I would just feed your four year old what you are eating. I actually don't cook anything different for anyone in my family, so my husband adds what he wants to meals if he can't take it. He's used to it by now, though. Hopefully he is supportive of you doing this! My husband was not the first time around. He felt very threatened. 

I think my biggest obstacle is money. We're very strapped financially, so we've been buying the cheapest meats we can find (often this is processed with sugar or soy) and canned stuff that has non-Whole30 stuff in it. And, lots of corn tortillas, beans and rice. But, this stuff makes me feel terrible all the time and I'm finding I'm sinking into a bad depression as a result. I'm going to have to get creative on how I can continue to afford this, but I need to!

Happy Day 1 everyone! 

Archived