What did you have for supper last night?

MOboysgirl

We've been doing whole 30 since August. Still sticking with this way of eating most of the time. My bigger problem is finding recipes we like. We're really not picky eaters and I'm a fairly good cook so I'm a little frustrated. I've probably only kept 5-6 recipes to make again. (Not including grilled meats and veggies, egg salads, roasted veetables and pot roast.) I thought it might be fun to post what we had for supper last night (or any other night) and if you liked it.  We had chicken skillet with sweet potatoes and apples from wellplated.com.  We really liked it and it's very easy to make with enough for leftovers for lunch today. Now I'd love to hear from you!!! 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used an chopped onion, half a bag of shredded carrot, lots of garlic, fine chopped beef, ginger, coconut aminos and after all that cooked I added a bag of angle hair cabbage and topped with chopped cashews. the cabbage almost made it like a noodle stirfry

4 minutes ago, Babsie95 said:

I used an chopped onion, half a bag of shredded carrot, lots of garlic, fine chopped beef, ginger, coconut aminos and after all that cooked I added a bag of angle hair cabbage and topped with chopped cashews. the cabbage almost made it like a noodle stirfry

That sounds amazing. Great job. I used to make stir fry before whole30. Not sure why I forgot about it. Thanks again. 

I pan cooked the following:
Avocado oil, olive oil, 1 chicken breast, mushrooms, 1 chopped onion,  kale and spinach, salt, pepper, paprika

Separately, I coated  diced butternut squash in a hot pan with the fats (olive oil, avocado oil) and then sprinkled them with salt, a generous dash of cinnamon and smoked paprika  and then roasted it in the oven for 20 minutes. 

It was delicious. 

8 minutes ago, scottsp64 said:

I pan cooked the following:
Avocado oil, olive oil, 1 chicken breast, mushrooms, 1 chopped onion,  kale and spinach, salt, pepper, paprika

Separately, I coated  diced butternut squash in a hot pan with the fats (olive oil, avocado oil) and then sprinkled them with salt, a generous dash of cinnamon and smoked paprika  and then roasted it in the oven for 20 minutes. 

It was delicious. 

Wow. That sounds great. I used to cook like that before whole30- just throw stuff together and have it turn out great. My confidence in all these new ingredients isn't quite there yet. Closer every day- especially with your post. Thanks so much 

I shared this in another thread, but this Indian Beef and Potato Curry is delish: <http://myheartbeets.com/indian-ground-beef-coconut-curry/>.

I make a lot of stir-fries; when in a hurry I fry up some ground turkey, throw in some bagged broccoli slaw, some almonds, coconut aminos, a little sesame oil, and thicken it with some sunflower butter. It's good by itself or served over cauliflower rice.

Stephanie

Oven fajitas for framily dinner. I piled the plate high with the onions and pepper and chicken while I made sure everyone else had cheese, beans, rice, etc. I'm not following w30 as strictly right now but this was definitely 100%compliant on my part at least. 

1 hour ago, Bellmaestra said:

I shared this in another thread, but this Indian Beef and Potato Curry is delish: <http://myheartbeets.com/indian-ground-beef-coconut-curry/>.

I make a lot of stir-fries; when in a hurry I fry up some ground turkey, throw in some bagged broccoli slaw, some almonds, coconut aminos, a little sesame oil, and thicken it with some sunflower butter. It's good by itself or served over cauliflower rice.

Stephanie

Wow. That sounds quick, easy, and yummy. Perfect. Ty

23 minutes ago, Karen_Suep said:

Oven fajitas for framily dinner. I piled the plate high with the onions and pepper and chicken while I made sure everyone else had cheese, beans, rice, etc. I'm not following w30 as strictly right now but this was definitely 100%compliant on my part at least. 

That's a good one. I've made paleo tortillas and these would be good in them. Even better than the taco meat i was using! Thanks  keep the ideas coming I love it.  

• Administrators
Just now, MOboysgirl said:

That's a good one. I've made paleo tortillas and these would be good in them. Even better than the taco meat i was using! Thanks  keep the ideas coming I love it.  

Just a reminder though, while you are on Whole30, no recreations of tortillas would be permitted. Go with the fajita ingredients over salad or wrapped in lettuce. 

• Administrators

One of our favourite dinners is to sautee 2# ground pork, drain and then drench in Sunshine Sauce. In another large pan/wok, steam-fry shredded purple cabbage and whole green beans until tender. Add coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, S&P, fish sauce etc to the veggies as they steam. Plate the veggies and then top with the saucy, creamy pork. Seems plain/dull but is a fave in our house.

12 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

Just a reminder though, while you are on Whole30, no recreations of tortillas would be permitted. Go with the fajita ingredients over salad or wrapped in lettuce. 

Absolutely. I already put my time in. Lol.  Did strictly whole30 for 45 days. Now I am able to recreate using compliant ingredients. Great reminder for those new to the "program."

12 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

One of our favourite dinners is to sautee 2# ground pork, drain and then drench in Sunshine Sauce. In another large pan/wok, steam-fry shredded purple cabbage and whole green beans until tender. Add coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, S&P, fish sauce etc to the veggies as they steam. Plate the veggies and then top with the saucy, creamy pork. Seems plain/dull but is a fave in our house.

Doesn't seem dull at all. Will add this to the list. All ingredients we typically have on hand so that's even Better!! Yay

38 minutes ago, LeeLeeB said:

I made the beef brisket with home made bone broth, arugla salad with the whole30 ranch dressing (amazing) and one small sweet potato diced and stir fry in coconut oil.

Ive made a corn beef brisket in the past with cabbage. Didn't check the spices at that time. Would love to have that meal again. Yum- thanks for the reminder. 

Nothing too elaborate on a weekday evening.  We had grilled chicken breast (seared in pan on stove then baked in oven - stays moist inside) just seasoned with salt and spices, roasted butternut squash seasoned with olive oil, salt, garlic & onion powder & dill, steamed green beans with ghee, mayo/mustard dip.  Made enough for leftovers today.  While food was cooking in the oven, I had time to make mayo, boil some eggs, rice up cauliflower and cook turkey sausage.

16 hours ago, kruddock said:

Nothing too elaborate on a weekday evening.  We had grilled chicken breast (seared in pan on stove then baked in oven - stays moist inside) just seasoned with salt and spices, roasted butternut squash seasoned with olive oil, salt, garlic & onion powder & dill, steamed green beans with ghee, mayo/mustard dip.  Made enough for leftovers today.  While food was cooking in the oven, I had time to make mayo, boil some eggs, rice up cauliflower and cook turkey sausage.

I think this is fantastic. I need to remember to keep it simple sometimes.  I also find myself prepping for the next meal, while  one meal is cooking. Constantly cooking. Lol  

Whole 30 compliant Hot Dog ( From USWellnessmeats) pan fried w/ Kick A&& Ketchup,  Spoonful of Kimchi -  2 cups  Rice cauliflower drizzled with Ghee and Black Truffle Salt.

I fried up 1/4 apple with Coconut Oil/Coconut Flakes with a sprinkle of raisins and sliced almonds.

Drank 4 oz home-made ginger kombucha with a Hot Tea as my finisher.

Archived