What did you have for supper last night?

MOboysgirl

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy Crockpot Chicken Curry.

Peel & chop enough sweet potato to fill bottom of crockpot. Add a whole sliced onion. Seal enough bite sized pieces of chicken for 4-5 portions in coconut oil & add to crockpot along with excess oil. Cover chicken with a can of chopped tomatoes, and half a jar of compliant curry paste . Cook on low for six hours. Mix everything through (sweet potato should be cooked enough to have reduced down to make a sauce with the chopped tomatoes & curry paste), & add a whole bag of chopped spinach, allow to wilt for 10mins or so & serve.

Double the quantities if desired/if the size of your crockpot allows it.

I'm not currently doing a Whole30 so I topped this with a dollop of coriander, lime, & chilli jelly (a bit like a relish/chutney with the only off plan ingredient being sugar), and I also added a dollop of compliant coconut yoghurt. I had planned on making raita but opted not to bother as there was already plenty of flavour.

Yum.

Good afternoon! This thread has been going a while.  I think I need to make some of that sunshine sauce...I bet it would go great with diced chicken breast and veggies stir-fried.

Last night I had Sheetpan Italian Chicken from Skinnytaste.  Her recipe calls for 1/2 tsp sugar in the marinade, but I just leave it out.  I usually cut up a bunch of extra veggies, so I make 1.5-2X the marinade.  Also, 30 minutes is no longer near long enough...I would marinate all day if you have time.  I have so many veggies that I put all the veggies on one sheet pan and the chicken on another.  Yesterday I added cremini mushrooms because they were in fridge.

Sheetpan Italian Chicken and Veggie Dinner

Ingredients:

For the Seasoning:

• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar (omit for Paleo and Whole 30)
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 clove crushed garlic
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

For the sheetpan:

• cooking spray
  • 8 (4 oz each) boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 12 ounces zucchini, diced into 1-inch pieces
  • 3 carrots, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • chopped parsley for garnish
  • Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Spray 2 large nonstick sheetpans with oil or use parchment or foil for easy cleanup.  Arrange the center rack and lower third.
  • Combine the Italian seasoning ingredients in a large bowl. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, then add the chicken, zucchini, carrots, bell peppers and red onion to the bowl and toss well to coat. Marinate 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
  • Arrange everything onto the prepared baking sheets spread out into a single layer. The vegetables and chicken should not touch. Bake about 20 minutes, turn chicken and vegetables and bake an additional 10 minutes, until roasted and tender. Top with fresh parsley and serve.

On 3/3/2017 at 4:23 PM, angmilky said:

Good afternoon! This thread has been going a while.  I think I need to make some of that sunshine sauce...I bet it would go great with diced chicken breast and veggies stir-fried.

Yes, yes it would. :D

I had roasted rosemary chicken, sprouts, and apples for dinner. The recipe I used was ok, but not extraordinary.

I made Nom Nom Paleo's curry turkey bites with apricot ginger dipping sauce, plus cauli rice. So good! I ended up putting the cauli rice on the baking sheets and plopping the turkey almost-balls on top of it, because I'd done the rice that way before, with chicken thighs. Turned out great!

Last night's dinner was Instant Pot Butter Chicken from MyHeartBeets over cauli rice.  So delicious, although I need to remember to bump the chicken to 2 lbs and add an extra green pepper next time as it seems to produce a lot of liquid.

We had prosciutto wrapped chicken breasts (season boneless skinless breasts with salt and pepper and spread with about a 1 tbs of dijon each.  Top with a basil leaf or two and wrap prosciutto around.  Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.

I made sauteed zucchini and mushrooms on the side, but really any veggie goes.

On 3/7/2017 at 11:33 AM, frogtox said:

http://meljoulwan.com/2017/02/15/paleo-tod-mun-chicken-cakes/

These were so good! I'm embarrassed to say I've never tried cooking with red curry paste before. I really love Mel Joulwan's cookbooks... I cook a lot but they are still teaching me to branch out re: flavors. 

Ive never used it either. I read thru the recipe. Glad to know this one is worth the little extra work.   Might just have to add red curry paste to the shopping list. TY!!

2 hours ago, MOboysgirl said:

Ive never used it either. I read thru the recipe. Glad to know this one is worth the little extra work.   Might just have to add red curry paste to the shopping list. TY!!

I also learned you can put boneless chicken thighs and breasts in the food processor to make patties... mind blown, lol

I had cauliflower and leek bake, with leftover diced chicken meat.  cut up the cauli into small florets, steamed for a short while till done.  sliced the leek thinly, and fried in coconut oil.  mashed the cauli with a fork, combined with the leek, and put in a pan in the oven to brown on top.  very nice too.

Last night was roasted chicken quarters with olive oil, s&p, and a little smoked chipotle pepper rub. Halfway through those cooking I added sliced brussels sprouts, onion, and zucchini to the pan with coconut oil and a sprinkling of garlic and smoked chipotle pepper. Only one pan to clean and it was delicious! 

I started making dinner too late so I was really hungry! I halfed some brussel and tossed them in the oven at 400 with basic EVO salt and pepper.  Then I seasoned 2 big fat pork chops with salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayene, black pepper, oregeno and parsley.  I dredged it in some coconut flour with the same spices, let it set for 10 minutes and started heating up the frying pan.  Then i thought about apple sauce.  Darn you Alice...why did you make a whole generation stuck on Porkchops and Applesauce!  I sliced rather thin (since I didn't really have much time for cooking) a red apple, threw some cinnamon on top and then tossed them on the cookie sheet with the brussels.  I melted some clarified butter in the pan and put the chops on for 5 minutes, flip 5 minutes (with lid for both) and then rest for 5 minutes.   I also added a little butter to the brussels and apples when I put it on my plate.  It was all glorious!  As a bonus, my husband ate before he got home so I focused on making things he doesn't like so I get the left overs!  I'm going to use them all for a hash with some sweet potatoes.  That will be super easy to warm up for meal one for the next two days.  

I was ecstatic to finally try Michelle Tam's Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) Chicken and Gravy! I admit, we spend a ton of money on Whole Foods rotisserie chickens and it's just so much cheaper to buy an organic chicken and make it at home. This chicken is so much better than rotisserie plus I get gravy. Husband agrees that it's something we're going to make 2-3 times a month now.

There is also a slow cooker version if you don't have a pressure cooker: Slow Cooker Roast Chicken and Gravy.

Archived