What did you have for supper last night?

MOboysgirl

1 hour ago, Cathy125 said:

Whole 30 compliant Hot Dog ( From USWellnessmeats) pan fried w/ Kick A&& Ketchup,  Spoonful of Kimchi -  2 cups  Rice cauliflower drizzled with Ghee and Black Truffle Salt.

I fried up 1/4 apple with Coconut Oil/Coconut Flakes with a sprinkle of raisins and sliced almonds.

Drank 4 oz home-made ginger kombucha with a Hot Tea as my finisher.

Sounds like a great meal.similiar to when I make compliant brats with onions peppers and sauerkraut.  Yummy. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I make this curry fairly often: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/spicy-chicken-coconut-curry-recipe.html

It's compliant as-is (I use homemade chicken stock; store bought might be hard to find) and I usually omit the tomatoes and use 1 Tbsp each of store-bought curry powder and garam masala. I had it for breakfast this morning with sauteed spinach but of course it works well with cauliflower rice too!

Chilli over roasted sweet potatoes.  very good, so good that I had some chilli for breakfast with two eggs, saurkraut, lettuce, and mayo, and i have some more with me for lunch today with a bag of steamed veg, and olive oil, and guac.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Sautéed garlic in big ol' glub of olive oil (BIG clove), dumped over shredded spaghetti squash then topped with 2 pan fried Italian sausages removed from casing and browned.  Little bit of red pepper flakes sprinkled on top.  I had roasted the spaghetti squash a few days ago so this took about... 10 min start to finish :) 

9 hours ago, littleg said:

Sautéed garlic in big ol' glub of olive oil (BIG clove), dumped over shredded spaghetti squash then topped with 2 pan fried Italian sausages removed from casing and browned.  Little bit of red pepper flakes sprinkled on top.  I had roasted the spaghetti squash a few days ago so this took about... 10 min start to finish :) 

Brilliant. I cooked and froze speghetti squash last week. Read where you could freeze up to 3 months. Anxious to see how it holds up. Thanks for sharing!!!

9 hours ago, Crastney said:

Chilli over roasted sweet potatoes.  very good, so good that I had some chilli for breakfast with two eggs, saurkraut, lettuce, and mayo, and i have some more with me for lunch today with a bag of steamed veg, and olive oil, and guac.

That sounds fantastic. Did you use a recipe for your chili or just throw something together?  I'd love to make up a big batch and freeze and use in all the ways you mentioned. Thanks for the idea. 

On October 27, 2016 at 8:38 PM, Sarasaurus said:

I make this curry fairly often: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/spicy-chicken-coconut-curry-recipe.html

It's compliant as-is (I use homemade chicken stock; store bought might be hard to find) and I usually omit the tomatoes and use 1 Tbsp each of store-bought curry powder and garam masala. I had it for breakfast this morning with sauteed spinach but of course it works well with cauliflower rice too!

Hey thanka for this recipe. Might have to try it out. 

1 hour ago, hmg1993 said:

I had iheartunami's amazing creamy coconut milk meatballs on a bed of cauliflower rice plus a steamed artichoke.  Filling and delicious. Highly recommend!!!

Oh my goodness. I haven't even heard of that. It does sound amazing.   I absolutely will check it out. Thanks!!

Beef roast in the crock pot with potatoes and carrots with compliant seasonings is always a winner! :) Since compliant beef stock is so hard to find I had to use water unfortunately, but hopefully with the meats natural juices and seasoning it shouldn't make too much of a difference. 

• Administrators

Put a bunch of snapper in a ziploc bag with lime juice mixed with cumin, garlic, paprika, parsley, salt & pepper. Let it sit for about 90 minutes and then grilled it for 2 minutes on each side. Side of steamed green beans and kale slaw w/ homemade mayo-based dressing.

23 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

Put a bunch of snapper in a ziploc bag with lime juice mixed with cumin, garlic, paprika, parsley, salt & pepper. Let it sit for about 90 minutes and then grilled it for 2 minutes on each side. Side of steamed green beans and kale slaw w/ homemade mayo-based dressing.

Oh man! That sounds delicious. I haven't grilled snapper yet. Might have to give it a try. Thanks!!

23 hours ago, Ktjoh07 said:

I made the grass fed angus beef patties from trader joes and fried some Prosciutto (also from Trader Joes) to put on top and used mustard as a dipping sauce.
had diced sweet potatoe and salad as my veggie sides it was so delish!!!!

Sounds easy and delicious. I bought some frozen patties last week. Can't wait to have a quick option on nights I don't wanna cook for more than a few minutes. Love the idea of adding prosciutto on top! Thanks. Keep the ideas coming. 

I had the most heavenly salad for lunch today! My grocery often has marked-down seafood close to its expiration date, and I scored two sashimi grade tuna steaks for half price. I made my usual bed of mixed greens (with olives, a small tomato, cukes, avocado as well) dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. I seared the steaks for two minutes on a side, let them rest, cut them into chunks and served them on the bed of greens. Total luxury!

On November 20, 2016 at 6:08 AM, jenmidge said:

What a great thread for new meal ideas. Thanks MOboysgirl.

I had Pina Colada chicken from Well Fed 2 last night. My hands down favorite recipe. Great with cauliflower rice. 

You're welcome!  It's been great to hear about all this "every day" meal ideas. I haven't heard f the Pima colada but if it's a good one- I'll be sure to make it.  So many recipes I've tried spun good but turn out to be so bland and boring.  Love hearing when it's a keeper!!!  Ty ty. 

On November 18, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Bellmaestra said:

I had the most heavenly salad for lunch today! My grocery often has marked-down seafood close to its expiration date, and I scored two sashimi grade tuna steaks for half price. I made my usual bed of mixed greens (with olives, a small tomato, cukes, avocado as well) dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. I seared the steaks for two minutes on a side, let them rest, cut them into chunks and served them on the bed of greens. Total luxury!

Oh my goodness. I'm so jealous you found tuna steaks for half price. They are my favorite but like you said- a luxury.  What a delicious meal you had. Thanks for sharing. 

Archived