What did you have for supper last night?

MOboysgirl

I had leftover beef stew last night. I'm not currently on w30 so the caramel color in the broth wasn't a deal breaker, but if you want to make it compliant, it's not too difficult if you find bone broth or make your own. 

I browned some stew meat in my skillet, then tossed it in the pot with a white sweet potato, 1lb rainbow baby carrots, 2 yellow onions, 3-4 stalks celery, salt, pepper, garlic powder and 4-? Whole garlic cloves (there's never too much garlic for me). I deglazed my skillet with some water and then tossed that into the pot. Filled the rest of the way with broth and let it simmer for a few hours. And it was so good as leftovers too! It was perfect for the first wintry day this year. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On November 12, 2016 at 8:52 AM, Ariane said:

Ok- the recipe is written down and ready to be cooked soon!!  Funny it doesn't call for butter. :).  Did you eat it over anything?  I'm thinking about trying this one in my pressure cooker. Thanks so much for sharing. 

54 minutes ago, Karen_Suep said:

I had leftover beef stew last night. I'm not currently on w30 so the caramel color in the broth wasn't a deal breaker, but if you want to make it compliant, it's not too difficult if you find bone broth or make your own. 

I browned some stew meat in my skillet, then tossed it in the pot with a white sweet potato, 1lb rainbow baby carrots, 2 yellow onions, 3-4 stalks celery, salt, pepper, garlic powder and 4-? Whole garlic cloves (there's never too much garlic for me). I deglazed my skillet with some water and then tossed that into the pot. Filled the rest of the way with broth and let it simmer for a few hours. And it was so good as leftovers too! It was perfect for the first wintry day this year. 

It sounds fantastic. And it's such a yummy leftover. And you're right- just perfect for this time of year. Ty!!

We had fried minute steaks (in a little olive oil with salt and pepper) with sautéed onions and mushrooms (in ghee with garlic) on top.  Served with frozen cooked green beans. I was afraid it would be boring but it really wasn't. Easy , clean eating. Love it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just wanted to share this recipe... it takes zero prep aside from plopping things on a pan and zesting an orange but it's delicious, makes lots of leftovers and is good the next day (cold/room temp is even good).

Make sure you get your sausage compliant but if you can't find compliant chirizo, any sausage would do just fine.

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/spanish-chicken-with-chorizo-and-potatoes

• 1 month later...

I made a really nice beef curry. Strips of beef coated in curry powder and cardamom then sautéed in coconut oil with green curry paste, red onion, mushrooms, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. I finished it with coconut aminos, coconut milk and a splash of orange juice. I served it on a bed of bean sprouts and topped with toasted pistachios and dried coconut 

7 minutes ago, shadowgirlC said:

I made a really nice beef curry. Strips of beef coated in curry powder and cardamom then sautéed in coconut oil with green curry paste, red onion, mushrooms, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. I finished it with coconut aminos, coconut milk and a splash of orange juice. I served it on a bed of bean sprouts and topped with toasted pistachios and dried coconut 

OMG that sounds amazing!

I ate out last night, but was really pleased with what I made tonight.  I made double cut pork chops with sauteed onions.  I first sauteed the onions and then added a little balsamic vinegar and let it reduce a bit.  I removed that from the pan and set it aside.  I added a little more avocado oil and seared the chops that I seasoned with salt, black pepper, and a dash of cinnamon and ground mustard on both sides.  Once that was done, I took the skillet and moved it into the oven, which I had pre-heated to 425 degrees for 7 minutes.  Then I took it out and divided the onions to put on top of each chop, then let them rest for 10 minutes.  I served that with mixed salad and chopped avocado.  Sooooo good!

On 1/14/2017 at 8:47 PM, committed to getting better said:

I ate out last night, but was really pleased with what I made tonight.  I made double cut pork chops with sauteed onions.  I first sauteed the onions and then added a little balsamic vinegar and let it reduce a bit.  I removed that from the pan and set it aside.  I added a little more avocado oil and seared the chops that I seasoned with salt, black pepper, and a dash of cinnamon and ground mustard on both sides.  Once that was done, I took the skillet and moved it into the oven, which I had pre-heated to 425 degrees for 7 minutes.  Then I took it out and divided the onions to put on top of each chop, then let them rest for 10 minutes.  I served that with mixed salad and chopped avocado.  Sooooo good!

That's sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Love those quick and yummy suppers 

On 1/13/2017 at 6:57 PM, Oh the Irony said:

I had a plate of sauteed bok choy, beef brisket, kimchi, and fried eggs. So simple and so good!

We were just talking about book choy last night. I've never cooked it. I like the idea of serving it as a "bed" for something. I bet it was great. 

Don't you love it when you realize it doesn't have to be complicated??  Simple delicious pork loin chops. Fried up in a little olive oil with some seasonings from trader joe. Served with green bean almandine. (Any google search will show you how to make this yummy side dish) love those toasted almonds. The hardest part of the meal prep was snapping those green beans but so worth it. 

I had mexican at a restaurant:

shredded beef

lettuce

tomatoes

guacamole

onions

peppers

pineapple salsa (i didn't eat this, too sweet!) 

The lettuce had dressing on it which I wasn't expecting at all (I should know better being in Germany!) but it tasted like olive oil and vinegar so I think it was ok

3 hours ago, Crastney said:

turkey mince sweet potato curry, with half an avo.  ... not sure I'll be buying turkey mince again, it's a bit, how can I put this nicely, it's a bit of an aquired taste.

I'm ok with turkey mince with lots of seasoning but I find sweet potato rather meh...

pork with provencial herbs served with green beans, onions, tomatoes and homemade coleslaw. I included a tablespoon of horseradish on the plate but after a tablespoon realised it had sugar in it (sheesh!)

2017-01-26_19_12_35.jpg

Archived