What did you have for supper last night?

MOboysgirl

8 oz NY Steak; Mashed Yellow Sweet Potato and pan fried collard greens with garlic and pepper (cooked in avocado oil); for my cocktail I had mineral water shots.  And dessert, a small bowl of organic apple sauce and cinnamon.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MOboysgirl said:

@caTones sounds great. I've got to try pan frying collard greens!!  Next time go crazy and squeeze some lemon or lines into your mineral water. Just know your limit. Lol

Yup it's really easy and cooks fast (take about the as long to clean collards as it takes to cook it); be careful not to over salt it because the chicken stock is salty enough.  Just a half a lemon too; don't want it to taste too sour ;-)

On 3/23/2017 at 1:28 PM, MOboysgirl said:

@caTones sounds great. I've got to try pan frying collard greens!!  Next time go crazy and squeeze some lemon or lines into your mineral water. Just know your limit. Lol

haha..I do like to squeeze lemons into my mineral water...got a little lazy to grab that lemon and put it in.

Supper last night was delicious:

Browned 2# of cubed pork ("chop suey meat" was how it was labeled in the meat section); added a cut up red onion, some cumin and some jarred diced jalapenos and let it braise with some stock for about 3 hours until it was really tender. Added a couple diced carrots, diced potatoes, and some fresh green beans and let it all cook together until the veggies were tender. It had a nice amount of heat and made a LOT.

Stephanie

Last night was the sloppy joe and ancho-spiced butternut squash from the Whole30 Cookbook. I highly recommend it; so far I've made about 5 of the recipes and I've loved all of them. Great for mixing up your usual routine.

Last night I made a hamburger stew with crushed tomatoes, diced carrots, and diced sweet potato. Today I took the leftovers and heated them in a big pan, then made 4 little wells and broke an egg into each one. I covered the pan and let it cook for another 4 minutes or so, until the eggs were set. Yummy! A big hit with my husband.

Stephanie

• 3 weeks later...

My kids love burritos, but they aren't compliant for me in the form they like.  So I get creative! I cook my meal separate and use compliant spices and then use Boston lettuce as the tortilla, mushrooms, carrots, avocado, peppers and a compliant salsa and it's WONDERFUL!.  And I still feel like I'm eating Tex-Mex with the family.    Also added cantaloupe for everyone.  Kids love fruit and I can feel like we share some items that way.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived