Meal plan for today

MrsKennel

So today I have to be gone for a good stretch of time... I will be dropping my daughter off, going grocery shopping (I'll stop home to drop the grocerys off quickly), going to lift, then going straight to coaching my class. That being said, do I need a pre and post workout meal for weight lifting? Can I combine lunch and post workout together and eat in the car on the way to class? 

Or should I just pack my pre and post workout meals and eat them in transit then have lunch after class (around 1/130)

Is it possible to prep some pre and post workout snacks the night before and have them in the fridge to grab. Boiled eggs, chopped up veggie sticks, baked potatoes, salads.avocado, home made Mayo, peeled lettuce leaves, deli chicken. Pop them in those plastic boxes that are used for freezing left overs, in ready snack packs. Grab and go. Add some nuts for fats instead of Mayo for less mess if your on the go.

• Moderators

Sorry no one got to this before, since I'm guessing now it's a little late to be helpful.

Pre- and Post-WO meals are in addition to your three regular meals. Skipping them once may not hurt anything, but you do need them, especially a post-WO if you're lifting. It's for muscle repair (the lean protein) and replacing muscle glycogen (the starchy vegetable). So, probably would have been best to do a post-WO as soon as possible after lifting, and then lunch when you can after that.

Here's more about post-WO meals.

Archived