gluten reintro tomorrow

Babsie95

its been about half an hour since breakfast which ended up being two bagels with almond butter, should have been 1 with tuna salad but long bad morning...

I feel bloated, and full but hungry. I see this likely going downhill from here but maybe I'm wrong, will continue to update as it helps me to process things.

• Administrators

HI @Babsie95 - sorry that you aren't feeling well, that sucks. As an outsider reading what you wrote, I would gently draw your attention to the fact that one bagel with tuna salad (good reintro) actually transformed into two bagels and almond butter. You may wish to revisit the emotion behind this when you've safely left your bad morning behind. 

I mention this because the reaction to gluten that you just had is very indicative of common issues people have with it. It's easy to overeat, it stands in as temporary comfort and it's not nourishing. 

I totally agree and regardless of physical impact I want to avoid it for the most part because of this. I do want to finish my day as planned. Being honest in a forum like this about my food is actually a good step for me. Admitting the full truth and looking at it instead of minimizing for the sake of looking better.  I actually don't feel physically as bad as I expected...yet

as always thanks for your feedback it is appreciated

• Administrators

@Babsie95 - this forum is a safe place and we don't assign personal value to food. So you don't look any better or worse to us for having eaten the bagels. What you look like is a person who chose to eat a food and is now going to look at whether that was the best choice for them and whether they may wish to make a different decision going forward. So basically, a person who uses personal data to learn and grow. :) I'm glad you made the post...........because learning personal honesty is a huge deal! :wub:

yeah I am pretty sure I will avoid most gluten after today, and milk.  This is my third full round and the first time I have really truly done reintros correctly. And I will not make the choice to eat bagels especially 2 in the future.  I do not feel well...strangely now I feel heartburn like discomfort which I didn't expect

Archived