need recipes for dried cranberries

beverlyb30

I bought a very large bag of unsweetened dried cranberries. I've only used about 1/2 cup so far and it barely made a dent in the bag. Does anyone have some good recipes to share? It will take me a year or more to use these up if I don't have a lot of recipes to use them in.

• Moderators

This broccoli salad: http://meljoulwan.com/2010/12/13/suddenly-im-in-the-mood-for-broccoli/  although you might need to add diced apple or something if the cranberries are too tart. I've never used truly unsweetened ones, usually they at least have apple juice in them, so I'm not sure exactly what the flavor profile is.

Or mix them into chicken salad with some walnuts and celery. Sprinkle them on any leafy green salad. Make turkey meatballs with sweet potato and dried cranberries . 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, beverlyb30 said:

I was thinking that I can soak them in apple juice myself and use them in a variety of dishes. Any idea how long they will remain good to eat if I let them soak in apple juice in a mason jar in the fridge? I'm thinking maybe a week? 

I have no idea, but most things are okay for a week. I don't see why they wouldn't be.  The plain ones with nothing added should easily last a year if you keep them in the fridge, and you could probably freeze them if you wanted, but adding the apple juice, I'm not really sure.

Keep them in the refrigerator and they will last a LONG time (in their dried state). Toss a few in a salad every so often and call it good  

Or share them with friends. 

And don't worry about using them up. Just concentrate on your vegetables. 

Archived