First 7 Days on Whole30!

LeeLeeB

I'm writing this to journal my first week on whole 30 - which I have to say was better than I thought it would be!  

Yes I had the sugar withdrawal, headache, tired and just wanted to sleep for two days symptoms but I persevered and felt better.  Now that I'm off dairy, gluten, and sugar, the pain in my joints, the bloat, lower back pain - all subsided. Eating this clean has made an amazing difference and in just the first 7 days!

I've always believed good health starts with nutrition.  Making the the right choices, like skipping my mocha lattes every day, and saying no to that 3:00pm chocolate treat has been more beneficial for me than I could have imagined.  Now I have to start exercising... :rolleyes:

My motivation is at an all new high and for the next 23 days (and beyond) I hope to stay focused and committed -  with my eye on the prize - feeling great.  

Would love to hear from those who have also finished their first week!  Happy Sunday everyone and here's to a great week coming up!

Hi LeeLee!  

Congrats on completing your first week.  I just finished mine as well.  I got super lucky and didn't have any sugar w/d or headaches.  I did feel a bit tired somewhere in the beginning but I'm lucky that's all that happened to me.  I do feel like i'm sleeping way better to!  Luckily I was able to ween myself off of coffee before I started Whole 30, and I think that may have made a huge difference.  Not having splenda with my tea though is a tad difficult and not having sweets other than fruit is kind of trying, as prior to Whole 30 I have had a major sweet tooth.  Part of me is looking for that huge energy kick was mentioned in the book around week 3.  I know we have another week before we feel that but I'm sure looking forward to that so that I can get my butt to the gym again.  Good luck with the upcoming week!

Thank you so much for the posts and support!  Congrats to both of you as well.  It's all a process and it's one day at a time for me but because I'm feeling better - that motivates me to keep going!  Happy Halloween and have a great week!  :)

Archived