Hashimoto's

Hi forum, 

This isn't really a question on the Whole30 plan itself (been doing them on/off for about 4 years now). Wondering if anyone out there in the NYC area knows of a good endocrinologist or allergist or holistic doctor who knows something about Hasimoto's? I was recently diagnosed with this (been hypothyroid for years now) and while living a paleo/Whole30 life helps my symptoms immensely, I'd love some extra support. My current doc just keeps upping my synthroid dosage. 

Thanks in advance...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I highly recommend Dr. Hugh Melnich http://www.infertilityny.com/. It's strange because it's a fertility center but it's only a portion of what he does. He's one of the few doctors in NYC who will prescribe dessicated thyroid hormone (natural pig thyroid). My body wasn't responding to just synthroid and it helped relieve a lot of of my symptoms. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Whole30 Certified Coach

Its funny that this just got resurrected... I see someone in the Albany area for my desiccated thyroid (which helped a lot)... but I don't like him.  On my to-do list for today was to email Naturethroid and ask them if it would be possible to get a list of MDs that prescribe their product... I'd think, in general, anyone who prescribes Naturethroid would be a good place to start!

Turns out they have a find  a doctor page!

http://getrealthyroid.com/get-real-now/find-a-doctor/

Quite a few within 50 miles of NYC.  

I also have hashimotos and was put on naturethoid in addition to progesterone and testosterone. I stopped taking the protest and testosterone.... and didn't let my doc know. I think if I fix my thyroid hormones will fix themselves also. I want to start a whole 30 and just don't have the dicipline. 

• 1 month later...

Archived