3am Starving/Day 3

YaGulYo

It's 3 am and I woke up starving!!!! Last night I ate about 6 (spaghetti squash, growing beef, and tomato sauce, half of a banana).  I ate until I was stuffed (it was really good).  At about 8:30 I ate a handful of ground beef and that's it. I did drink some lemon water and a cup of spearmint tea before bed.

i woke up about 3 and feel like I've been fasting or something. I really can't afford to lose weight but I want to be healthy. Before whole 30 I was used to eating before bed to help me sleep (kinda like giving a baby a bottle to help them sleep through the night kinda thing). I'd eat cereal, or anything I had. 

All I want to know is can I eat if I wake up hungry like this in the middle of the night? My sleep is has not been restful at all, my eyes are tired and I just want to eat!!!

• Moderators

Did you eat any fat at all yesterday?  Your dinner and your evening snack have no fat.

Your meals really need to be matching the template (linked below) to give you the magic so if you didn't have a huge serving of that spaghetti squash, then you were probably short on veggies as well.

You probably feel like you've been fasting because you're not eating enough.  If you would like more pointed help, please list out a few days of meals including portion sizes related to the template (oz as a measurement don't help) specific protein, veggies and fat and fluid intake along with anything else you think might be relevant.

I think it may be the fat issue. I will try that and see. If I still have problems I will list out everything I'm eating in a day. This has been such a major crash course in nutrition for me. I didn't realize how clueless I was until starting this program. It took me about a good week to actually understand the fat/protein/carb concept. 

Archived