One meal at a time...My whole 30 journey.

GFgirl

Slept so much better last night. Got in 8 hrs. Can't believe the end of the 2nd week is approaching. I have a family luncheon at my brother in laws house on Sunday. I will pack my own lunch for me and my husband. This is normally for me, but I am sure there will be a ton of questions as to why son is eating this way! I plan on making a nice pork roast on Saturday, and brings the extra leftovers for Sundays lunch. Trying a new recipe. It looks really good form Clothes that make the girl blog. I think all of her food looks amazing. I just bought her book. I have to get cooking some of her other recipes.

Yesterdays eats.

No workout in am

coffee

M1: ground pork and apple/sp mash/roasted cauliflower

walk 2miles.

M2: chili on spinach bed. I was still hungry so I had a 1/2 spoonful of coconut butter

walk: 1.5 miles

M3: cajun spiced flounder with peppers/onions/tomatoes/sweet pot mash/roasted brussel sprouts.

I have noticed I eat a lot of onions/peppers/tomatoes. I am going to back off a bit next week and see if my bloat subsides a bit. I was thinking that I may need to follow the autoimmune protocol for a while after this.......will see how I feel at the end of 30 days. I have been thinking I may continue with this whole 30 or do a autoimmune.

AMY

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe today is day 14. 2 weeks done already!

Friday

No workout

Coffe

Walk 2 miles

M1: pork/apple/sw pot rounds

Walk 1 mile

M2: chili/ handful coc flakes

M3: diver scallops/roasted asparagus w. ghee/squash w. ghee

Sat

Coffee

Walk 2 mils

M1: roast chicken/sp rounds/roasted cauliflower

M2: roast chicken/celery

Walk2 miles

M3: Italian pork roast(best meal yet!)/cumin carrots/sp mash w. ghee

Made a delfish pork roast in the crock pot yesterday it was soon good! Will be making it aGain real soon. Brought the leftovers to have at a family luncheon today. I had no issues with seeing desserts and all the food they had. My husband kind of was looking at it, but I was not phased. I really don't miss it!

Prepped for the week and ready to get going on week 3!

Monday day 15

Woke up before alarm a few minutes before it was set to go off.

Sun

M1: roast chicken/sp rounds

Walk 2 miles

M2: pork roast/cumin carrots/ sp mash/cabbage

M3: ground beef/mushrooms/onion/sun dried tomato/basil cooked w. coconut oil

Went to bed early. Got 8.5 hrs in. Was planning on cooking on the grill this evening but we have heavy winds and rain on tap. Will save the steak for later in the week I guess. Need to figure out what's for dinner tonight!

Feeling no major changes in body but sleep and attitude is improved. Dying to get on scale but I won't. Wish clothes were a bit looser at this point....

Amy

Woke up with out the alarm again today! Not tired at all either. I love it!

Eats for 10/29

pre: coco flakes/coffee

wo: chest/shoulders/tri/abs

post: couple bites of roast chicken/2 sp rounds (was not hungry)

m1: pork/apple/cauliflower

m2: beef/sun tom/onion/mushroom/cauliflower

m3: chicken wings: spicy/squash/cabbage

No walks yesterday. Some major wind and rain here from Hurricane Sandy. Hoping I will be able to get out at least once today, during a rain break.

Feeling good and ready to tackle the day!

AMY

Day 16 done

Eats

Pre coco flakes

Wo. Kickboxing 20 min

M1. Pork/apple/roasted cauliflower

Walk1.5 miles

M2: buffalo chili on spinach bed

Walk1 mile

M3: sweet/sour chicken/butternut squash/roasted broccoli

Dinner was kind of blah, leftovers for today too. Probably wont make that again.

Need to try a few new recipes for next week: can feel myself getting a bit bored with things. I live when I have roasts during the week, but that can be pricey to do every night. The roasts are way more satisfying than a boneless skinless breast.

Need to get creative for week 4. Though I think I am going to carry on.

Survived trick or treaters w.out any cravings! Was not tempted in the least bit with the candy in the house: whoohoo

WED. Day 17

Pre none

Wo:back/biceps/abs

M1: pork/apple/roasted cauliflower/squash/ coffee

Walk 2 miles

M2: sweet sour chicken/roasted broccoli: my stomachs was killing me after I ate: was it the broccoli??

No afternoon walk due to rain

M3: mocha steak/chili sweet pot fries/spinach salad with plum tomatoe,kalamata olives/balsamic vinegar/evoo

Seriously I had a major stomach ache after lunch yesterday. Super sharp pains. Thinking it was the broccoli. I had some bloat the night before after dinner but didn't think much of it. I usually eat broccoli all the time but I haven't since starting my whole 30....

First time trying the steak rub from the book it was very good. Nice flavor!

Making a butter chicken recipe I got off Toms blog from here. Can't wait to have dinner tonight!!

Amy

Day 19 today. Opted for an extra hour sleep this am instead of a wo. Trying to listen to my body and not beat myself up over these type of things.

Day 18

Yoga

M1. Pork/apple sweet pot/cauliflower

Walk 2 miles

M2: mocha steak/cauliflower

Walk 1 mile

M3: butter chicken/roasted green beans in coco oil/spinach salad w. tomato cuc and balsamic vinegar and evoo

***butter chicken was tasty and moist. Thanks Tom

Noticing my after dinner hunger is a thing of the past. I am fine with a glass of water. My hubby needs a snack at night. His job is strenuous and we need to pack on some lbs on him!

Feeling good no magic as other get, but I am staying focused and positive. Perhaps my magic will arrive on day 40 or something??

We have a family reunion this sat afternoon. My plan is to eat lunch before we go and just avoid the food this is a bit easier for me since I am celiac and never do buffets for the past 5/6 years. I know my mother will notice my husband though last weekend at another family gathering she called me on Monday to check and make sure he was okay because he didn't have any food.

Ready to conquer day 19:TGIF!!!

Day 20. Woke up feeling well rested today and with no alarm.

Day19

Coffee

Walk 2 miles

M1: roast chicken/cauliflower

M2: burger/sweet pot fries/kale

No walk raining, so I cleaned the house

M3: no fuss salmon cakes/acorn squash/spinach salad

I LOVED the salmon cakes. I used fresh wild caught salmon that my fish market ground up for me. They were soooooo good! Will be making those again soon. Bonus, I made some extra for a meal today or tomorrow!!!

So I did not workout again....I have been a bit achy in my legs. Was hoping a few days off would help, but it hasn't. Right hip and both calfs

I do feel better mentally when I wo though, so I need to get back on track.

Can't believe only 10 more days left. I think my husband can't wait to reintroduce a few things: dairy is one. We both are planning on keeping out grains and sugar as much as possible. That helps me very much that he does not have plans to include those in everyday life. Being celiac having bread etc in the house has always been a stressful situation. Not because i want it, but crumbs can make u sick, etc. we are always super careful, but there is always that chance. That will be very nice: thanks husband!!

Busy day planned today. Will eat before my family party and plan dinner for when we return. My husband thought we should try eating out, but I would rather eat at home.....

A

Sat eats

Walk 2 miles

M1: roast chicken/sp fries/cauliflower

M2: chili on bed of spinach

Walk 1 mile

M3: fish stew/broccoli w. ghee

Coconut manna 1tsp

Was a bit hungry after my m3, so I ate some fat.

Food prep frenzy today. My hands are so dry from all the dishes/pans I've cleaned. Fridge is well stocked and freezer is over stuffed. Tomorrow nights chicken legs are marinating. Ready to tackle week4.

Reminder to wo, drink more water,eat a bit more fa, stay positive and strong!!

This mornings daily email was what I needed. I am not feeling the manic yet and was reminded that some people it may take longer...thanks for the reminder!!!

Sunday went well. Day 21

Walk2 miles

M1: roast chicken/squash

M2: butter chicken/sweet pot mash

Walk 1.5 miles

M3: salmon cakes/sweet mash/spinach salad

Slept great last night and got 8 plus hrs in.

New dinner recipe for tonight and new chili recipe for the lunch week. Chili is from well fed book. Looking forward to trying this one. I find making a batch of chili every Sunday and freezing it for when there are no leftovers for lunches had been such a big help!

Still plugging away!

Tuesday

Pre coco flakes/coffee

Wo: ce cardio

M1: chicken basil meatloaf/cauliflower/squash

Walk 2 m

M2: chicken/squash/cauliflower

M3: pork roast/cumin carrots/squash

Dinner was delfish last night. Easy pulled pork recipe. I'm loving pork!!

Sleep was good too

Day 25 today

Yesterday

Pre coco flakes/coffee

Wo. Shoulders/arms/abs

Pre. Coffee/3 bites chicken breast

M1: chicken meatloaf/cauliflower/green beans

Walk1 mile

M2: pork/cumin carrots/squab

M3: curry mussels/mash parsnips/spinach salad

Nor'easter here yesterday. Only about 5 inches but crazy strong winds. Made walking a challenge. Rain to snow. Feeling a bit couped up. Sun and 50 s for Friday and the weekend so it should all melt away.

Planning out my food for next week and making a food shopping list. Can't believe 30 days is done next week. I am going to keep plugging away maybe and have a little treat on Thanksgiving. Again I'm not missing anything so why bring it back? My husband is missing his occasional beer and dairy so I will incorporate that back in for him and see how he does

Day 26 today

Day 25 eats

Coffee

M1. Chicken meatloaf squash cauliflower

Walk 2 m

M2. Pork/ 1/2 sweet pot green beans

M3. Lamb burger sweet pot fries green beans

No workout. Opted for an extra hr sleep.

Food list done. I have do e 1/2 of my food shopping and the other 1/2 later today. Food prep will be Sunday. I have a couple roast, some ribs on plan for next week. I need to look into a better crock pot. I'm using a lot more eating this way and I have a Walmart special. I need to get a better one that is less of a fire hazard. May need to put it on my Santa list.

Feeling good. Less aches and pains but I know my magic is just starting pants are feeling a bit loose but nothing major. I don't really have much to lose but since I have been trying for soooo long it would be nice!

Today is day 28. Wow!!

Weekend went well

Sat eats

M1. Coffee/lamb burger/squash

Walk 1.5 m

M2:

Burger/sweet pot

Walk1 m

M3. Chicken5tikka/cauliflower/spinach salad

Veggies were a bit low yesterday: need to prep one but was running all day!!

Made new recipe for dinner. Chicken tikka. Not my favorite. I actually had a bit of a stomach ache. I had leftovers today for lunch but no problem with it today.

Food is all prepped for the start of another week. Getting ready for some local tenderloin tips from a local guy I met last week at a farmers market. They were a bit pricey but I would rather support a local small business if I can. We will see how they taste and perhaps buy some more meats from him the next time he is at the market??

Feeling rather tired today. I am going t try and get to bed early tonight so I can get off to a good star of the week!!

Day 30 today. My husband has done so well. I am very proud of him for sticking with this.

He is also going to remain grain free and will add some dairy back and perhaps an occasional beer. We will se how he feels

As for me I am going to plug away for at least another week. On thanksgiving I am going to have regular butter, but I think I am going to stick with turkey and veggies only and I am totally okay with that. I may make the 30 stuffing that I spoofed on here. We will see

Day29 eats

Pre coco flakes coffee

Wo chest back abs

Post 3 bites of roast chicken/sweet pot rounds3 coffee

M1: pork apple burger/roasted cauliflower

M2: tenderloin tips/squash/green beans

M3: chinese5 spice pork ribs(yummy)cabbage/carrots/sweet pot mash

Dinner was good ribs fell off bone. Keeper

I feel like a better cook these days. Making all these roasts and stuff is so satisfying. Beats bones skinless chicken breasts at least 3 times a week for sure!!

As I continue with my whole 30 I am really going to tune in how I feel with every meal. For the past week I just haven't been feeling as good. Come on magic.....

Day 32. I am still plugging away

I decided not to do measurements and the scale just yet. To be honest I am not feeling like the improvements are there so instead of getting disappointed I will wait a bit longer.

Been going to bed at 9pm every night this week. Rest is needed.

Made the best chicken you ever tasted from well fed last night it was so nice and moist! I'm not a huge chicken fan these days so it was nice!! Will be a keeper for sure. If nothing else this past 30 days has really made me enjoy food differently and enjoy cooking it too!!

Amy

Day 33.

Yesterday went well.

eats:

coffee

m1: pork apple burger/cauliflower/tomato

walk 2 miles

m2: chicken/squash/beet

walk 1 mile

m3:coconut shrimp/squash/mashed parsnips

coconut shrimp was really tasty. Another keeper. I got the recipe off here in the recipe sharing section recently. Quick and easy too: bonus!!

Tonight I am going to make bbq sauce from the book and grill up some chicken legs for tonight and lunch tomorrow.

I will be venturing out for dinner tomorrow night. I should be fairly safe since we are doing seafood, and they offer a gluten free menu. My husband really wants to go out, so I will be brave and venture out.

HI Kathe:

thanks for stopping by! YES I just eat shredded coconut flakes that I get from Whole Foods. They are in a green bag: I have really learned to love them! Perhaps you should try to start something back up. Though they say this is a tough thing to do during the holiday season. Perhaps just take it one week at a time.

So anyway, weekend went well I did go out to eat Saturday night. I was a bit nervous but think I was spot on . I had a delish piece of wild caught salmon, grilled with olived oil and 2 servings of snap peas that were steamed.

Slept like a baby all weekend, but then last night I could not fall asleep. Crazy mind wandering! Feel okay today, but hope it was just a fluke. I have learned to love my sleep.

I really want to get on the scale.....perhaps I will check in with the scale and a measuring tape to see how things are going sometime this week??

hi little penguin.

I am going to be having a little dairy on Thanksgiving (real butter), and I may be doing a gluten free dessert. We will see.

So I will be OFF on Thursday. I will most likely start a new 30 on Friday or next Monday, that I will take it through Christmas Eve perhaps....

Monday eats

coffee

m1: pork apple burger/cauliflower

m2: pork tenderlion/sweet pots/carrots

walks 2 miles

m3: balsamic pear chicken/squash/roasted broccoli

I did not workout yesterday: rats! Need to keep moving.

Day 37...I think.

Getting ready for the holiday tomorrow. Making my favorite dinner tonight. The salmon cakes from the book. I don't use canned salmon (gross), I have the fish market grind me up some fresh wild caught. In my opinion so much better.

Eats for yesterday

coffee.

m1: coffee/pork apple burger/squash

m2: pork tenderlion/sweet pot rounds/broccoli

walk 2 miles

m3: sirlion steak/cumin carrots/spinach salad.

The steak las night was very tasty! Cooked to perfection too. Great job hubby!!

Hoping that tomorrow doesn't set me up to get off track...I know my Mom got a gf dessert for me even though I asked her not too. She means well.....also going with regular butter on veggies.

Will start a new whole? perhaps on Sunday or Monday to get me through til Christmas, I think.

So I got a bit off track with thanksgiving. I had reg butter and a gf cupcake my mom bought she insisted! I know I know I shouldn't but I did. I then te a few bit o honey candies. SUGAR is evil!! Once I start I want more. I will be back tracking my meals here again daily tomorrow.

I padre a nice pork butt tonight and did my food prep today.

Archived