Completed Whole30 Today!

Stacey Kolinsky

I am so proud of myself today as I have completed the Whole30! I feel so incredibly good about myself and my clothes fit so much better!! I am grateful for this program coming into my life. I am planning on continuing the Whole30 for another 30 days, so I guess it will be my Whole60 :). Just want to say thank you to a friend of mine who turned me onto this program, which I believe is a way of life now for me. In turn, I have told several of my friends about this incredible program.  Looking forward to staying and living a clean lifestyle without the food running my life! 

Congrats! @Stacey Kolinsky good for you girl!!!  You sound like I did when I completed my first whole30, this is now a life style for me and I love the way it makes me feel too!  Have you noticed that food tastes better?  I've been making a lot of different things and eating clean is a way of life for me now!  Good luck Stacey :rolleyes:

Congratulations, Stacey! I'm planning to extend mine when it ends as well to do a deeper elimination before reintroduction and allow the habits to more fully cement themselves in my life.

@PatriciaNY I have noticed that about food! Fruit is sometimes almost sickeningly sweet now (especially very sweet fruit like apples and grapes) and even foods like bell peppers taste so sweet to me! I notice subtleties in vegetables that I never noticed before (they used to all just taste "like vegetables"). I've also noticed that my sense of smell seems stronger. I can tell when someone is eating a cookie from like half a mile away hahaha.

Thank you so much! And a big Congrats to you as well!! Yes, I have noticed that food tastes much better these days and that is another perk of being on the program. Fruit is very sweet at times and I love my veggies everyday!! I am really loving the way this program makes me feel! I feel invigorated :)

Thanks for the support and reply!

• 2 weeks later...

Woot!  Woot!  Way to go Stacey!  I just finished my Whole30 on Nov17th. I had about 2 ounces of red wine yesterday for my Reintroduction and woke up with the worst headache after not having any headaches for the entire 30 days!  That was shocking and informative.  I never realized how red wine affected me before.  I am so excited about this way of life. My cravings are almost gone, I lost 10 pounds while eating as much as I wanted to and my arthritis is nearly painless.  I am so shocked at how I recoil at sweet stuff now - even herbal tea sometimes tastes too sweet. I used to sweeten everything so much. So relieved to have broken my Splenda "addiction".  

How is your Reintroduction going? Any surprises?

That is so great!! I had my first vodka drink last Saturday and was OK! Haven't done the red wine yet--I'm a bit worried about drinking wine as the Sulfites and Tannins are not great for my body. I am still pretty much following the program though and eating only the right foods. Thanksgiving will be my first big cheat! Holidays are tough to stay on track for sure. I too have broken my Stevia addiction though. I had it with everything (when I used to eat greek yogurt, tea, coffee). I am so happy about that as I am not eating anything artificial anymore! Whole30 is a wonderful program that I am hoping just becomes a way of life for me. I find it very interesting how once you do get back on sugar, how the body just starts to crave bread, etc. 

Archived