Whole 30 Chicken Pot Pie?

MrsNuggs

If I were to guess, I'd say it's SWYPO. Generally, making things out of compliant foods (generally the more processed compliant foods such as starches and flours) such as breads or crusts is considered not ok. Sticking with lesser processed foods is best. Part of the whole30 is retraining how you approach foods

I agree with Karen. Don't try to recreate non Whole30 foods. Allow your tastes and your habits to change.

It's only 30 days! Why not just eat delicious chicken with vegetables and ghee? Less time, more nutrition and you can put the spotlight on vegetables, making them the star. 

• Moderators

Sorry, the previous posters are right, recreating 'pastry' is not allowed... 

However!

You didn't say how MUCH of this you're using... a tablespoon over the top of a proper pie sized pot pie to add a bit of crunch would be fine... packing it on to cover the whole top and pretend it's pastry would not be fine... In this case I think context matters... it does sound like you mean 'crust' over the whole top, which would be a no, but you could probably modify what you're doing and put a tablespoon or two on the top with 10 min left to go in the oven...

Archived