Starting October 16...or shall I say restarting

Daryl Mitchell

I thought I had started October 14, but then I happen to look at the vitamins I am taking (GNC Mega Men) and found out they have soy!!

Other than that I have had a good couple days. It is odd that things you think are so benign end up having bad things in them. I will just take it that I had a little prep time and learned a lesson.

It was a rough re-start yesterday. I ate a hamburger patty made from Organic beef that we get at Costco. We prepared them Sunday and made extras for later in the week. I ate one, ran to coach soccer and 20 minutes into practice my stomach was rumbling like it used to when I would eat gluten and had IBS. I barely made it home in time before I got sick. Note: I started eating Primal 80 of the time Jan 2011 and quickly found I could not handle gluten in foods anymore shortly after starting. I found this out eating things where gluten products were used in sauces. I know the beef didn't have anything other than beef, salt and pepper mixed in. I am wondering if it was the fact that it was 85% Lean instead of something like 93% lean or maybe because they were cooked in the skillet instead of on the grill. Oddly enough I had similar issues when eating one Sunday but never really got sick, just the rumbling tummy. It definitely had me a bit drained and made Crossfit class this morning a bit more challenging.

Archived