Round 1 Day 3

Ariane

Started my day by deciding I'd just eat the same thing for breakfast as I did yesterday.  I woke up at 5 again (but really it was 4 cause of time change), not feeling all that hungry.  But I know you're supposed to eat within an hour of waking of up so that's what I did.  I ate at 530, didn't get hungry till about 10 or so, and just ate the left overs from breakfast.  That probably wasn't enough food for my second meal cause come 2 pm, I was legitimately hungry and since I wasn't home, I awoke the "Sugar Dragon". I was trying so hard not to eat those compliant dried mangoes, but it was all that I could think about.  I ate about 1.5 servings of it and I know it's not a good thing, but it kept my hunger at bay.  Finally cooked dinner around 5 pm but I still wasn't really all that hungry even then.  And literally after 5 or 6 bites I was full, but I forced myself to eat a little more cause I didn't eat that much (1/2 portion of protein, few bites of cauliflower rice, and few bites of mushroom/bok choy sauté.). Ate a little bit of pomegranate post dinner.  Now it's 11 pm and I'm getting hungry again.  

I feel kinda guilty giving into my sugar craving at 2 pm, but I know I can't beat myself up over that.  I still had a small win today cause I actually was able to stop eating the dried mangoes once my craving was satisfied.  Most times, I would've just kept on eating just for the sake of eating.    My other small win was I was able to cook two sets of lunch/dinner meals in one cooking session!  This totally relieves some of the stress for the next 3 meals for me.  

Anyway, this Whole30 thing is one big learning curve.  It's just "new language" so to speak that you have to learn.  But I'm sure just like anything else, the more you practice it, the easier it'll get.  It's just that building the framework always takes time and more effort.  

Archived