Yerba mate

• 2 years later...

I have mate drink almost every day here in Argentina, it contains only this herbal kinda tea. is it ok? 

Chemical composition and properties[edit] Xanthines[edit]

Yerba mate contains three xanthinescaffeinetheobromine and theophylline, the main one being caffeine. Caffeine content varies between 0.7% and 1.7% of dry weight[16](compared with 0.4– 9.3% for tea leaves, 2.5–7.6% in guarana, and up to 3.2% for ground coffee);[17] theobromine content varies from 0.3% to 0.9%; theophylline is present in small quantities, or can be completely absent.[18] A substance previously called "mateine" is a synonym for caffeine (like theine and guaranine).

Mineral content[edit]

Yerba mate also contains elements such as potassiummagnesium and manganese.[19] this is what it contains, is it really ok????? thanks 

Hi! No, it doesn ´t. It only says yerba mate. I ´ve got another question: can I have fruit for breakfast? Is it ok? I complement it with an egg, but that ´s it. Thanks a lot! 

The recommendation for breakfast is the same as for lunch and for dinner: 1-2 "palm-size" portions of protein, 1-2 "thumb-size" portions of fat and "the rest of your plate" filled with vegetables. That means 2-3 cups of veggies for most people. Fruit is optional. Don't add it if you aren't also eating all the other things in this list (don't let fruit push veggies off your plate).

ps. if eggs are your protein, aim for as many eggs as you can hold in your hand. that's 3-4 for most people.

Archived