Meal Planner App?

JenZ

Hi All -

I plan to start this for January 1st and I was checking out the meal planner app.  I am just gettng through the W30 book and the recipes look awesome.  Does anyone know if the recipes from the W30 book and other books are in the meal planner app?

• Moderators

Hey there;

I presume you're referring to the Real Plans paid app.  Unfortunately only those with a paid subscription would know what recipes are included, however because the Whole30 book is copyright protected, it's unlikely that those recipes would be included in an app.  I would suspect the same for other cookbooks but you would be best off contacting the support through the Real Plans website/app to get that information.

• 1 month later...

I did  join Real Plans for a couple months and exact recipes from the original W30 cook book.  I think it is because they are officially and legally contracted together.  I did not pay extra but you can also get recipes from other paleo sources for more money.

I found it not that helpful as several recipes were not that tasty or poorly written.

the meals planned for me all met the W30  ingredient guidelines but  not perfect plate guidelines or portion guidelines.  A breakfast casserole with 1 egg per serving and 1 cup veggies is compliant but not sufficient.

I've found great recipes on Pinterest so you might look there for food.  Real plan didn't look helpful enough for me to pay I'm afraid.  I to am going to start Jan. 1st  getting things prepped not and even used it to justify buying a foodsaver lol.  Only bad part is I loveeee to bake and fingers always in the bowl.  kids wont be happy with me for the next month.

• 3 weeks later...

I just joined RealPlans and am probably going to cancel. None of the recipes in the newest Whole30 book are included. I like that the meal plan automatically generates a shopping list, but I don't think it is worth all of the trouble to manually import the recipes from the the book. I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I joined awhile ago and I haven't used it. I spent hours importing recipes because with my diet restrictions they gave me eggs or canned salmon for every meal. I realized that all the time I spent doing this was just locking me into using it on an ongoing basis. I was better off to make up my own meal plans and print off the recipes. I found recipes from the old Whole30 book in there. It's also very difficult for one person to use. If I make a batch of soup for 10 meals it doesn't seem to allocate the servings over time. And my last menu plan gave me a recipe with nuts although nuts are off my list.  If pepper plate is free that sounds like a better way to go.

Oh I signed up for RealPlans and have loved it so far. They do Whole30 compliant recipes and for me it's only been a week, but I found the planning and grocery list functions to be very helpful and I've made a few recipes and really enjoyed them - Cuban slow cooker pork (so, so delicious!), tomato/dill salad, marinated mushrooms.  It will take me a while to figure out exactly how much I have to cook for a week but I'm very happy I signed up for the plan and am looking forward to using it during my W30 and even beyond.

I joined RealPlans.  I'm on Day 6, and I like it so far.  I do have a question, though.  I followed the recipe for 1 serving of Waldorf Chicken Salad, but I added one additional stalk of celery because I thought it needed more.  The whole thing ended up being a pretty large bowlful.  I did eat it all because I was really hungry, and I didn't feel totally stuffed like I have in the past after eating a large-portion meal.  Should I trust the serving sizes in their recipes? 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, LynnM said:

I joined RealPlans.  I'm on Day 6, and I like it so far.  I do have a question, though.  I followed the recipe for 1 serving of Waldorf Chicken Salad, but I added one additional stalk of celery because I thought it needed more.  The whole thing ended up being a pretty large bowlful.  I did eat it all because I was really hungry, and I didn't feel totally stuffed like I have in the past after eating a large-portion meal.  Should I trust the serving sizes in their recipes? 

I haven't used RealPlans, but in general, you want your meals to follow the meal template, which you can download here: http://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

You want your meals to keep you satisfied for 4 or 5 hours between meals. Obviously you don't want to finish a meal and feel horribly stuffed, but if you come from a background of calorie counting and restrictions, it may be more food than you're used to eating.

• 5 months later...
On 12/12/2016 at 4:25 PM, CarolineatMyCasaCaoba said:

pepperplate.com!  It's free and totally helpful!  It's really easy to import your recipes from wherever, and it automatically makes the shopping list for you.  Love it!

Hi Caroline!  Pardon my newbie ignorance -- Do you have to manually enter your recipes in Pepperplate?  Thanks in advance

Archived