Where's the Tiger Blood feeling gone?!

Please help!

I should be on cloud nine!  I'm on day 30 but the last couple of days have been experiencing a real mental low and feeling lost. I do feel better but I'm indecisive as to whether to continue the Whole30 and only reintroduce as and when or go through the reintroduction and see how things go?  Initially I felt so much better and I've been 100% on the plan, absolutely no cheating.  But now the Fibro pain and anxiety is coming back, fatigue too and I can't seem to get the Tiger Blood feeling back?!

Any suggestions anyone?

1 hour ago, Marina30#1 said:

But now the Fibro pain and anxiety is coming back, fatigue too

A number of things could be at play here - it could be linked to your monthly cycle, it could be a fear of what lies ahead once the strictness of the program is no more, or it could be your mind playing tricks on you in a bid to jump back into old habits...

It could also be that although you're still eating compliant foods that maybe the composition of your meals has changed - have you kept a food log?

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly :)

I think I have to rule out the monthly cycle as that's just happened and in fact I didn't suffer any PMT whatsoever, again another miracle as I haven't been taking any supplements to help with this since doing the Whole30. :)

The fear of what lies ahead could be something to think about.  I'm really unsure what to do?  Do I stay on it as I do feel better in general but then my mind is saying why don't you just try food groups you  haven't been on and see how they affect you?  Although I don't miss anything but I think I'm struggling with the strictness of it and I want to rebel!  It doesn't help that my pain has started up again, stress is a huge factor for any fibro flare ups.  It's the indecisiveness and the feeling of no control and the unknown.

Fortunately for me, I gave up what I call munchy foods two years ago so I don't struggle with craving for sugar, crisps, sweets, chocolate, biscuits, desserts etc.  My diet was fairly 'healthy' before I started the Whole30.

What do you mean by change of composition?

50 minutes ago, Marina30#1 said:

What do you mean by change of composition?

I mean how you're building your meals.... and the content of them. Are you eating more or less of anything you were eating initially? Less fish for instance? More fruit?

I always recommend a reintroduction of some kind. Really it's the whole point of the program. I only ever reintro'ed a few things personally, and had been eating paleo for a number of years when I came to Whole30 so for me the slow roll approach worked. For many the structure of the formal reintros works much better because they want to reintroduce more food groups.

Either way the fact that you're using words like 'strictness' and 'rebel' leads me to believe that if you don't carry out reintros and discover which foods do & don't work for you that you may find yourself on a slippery slope once you do test the waters, and in that case you'll likely have no idea what (if anything) you don't really tolerate - either physically, psychologically, or emotionally.

Nothing has changed food composition wise, which leads me to think that it's more of a mental/fear issue.

You're right about reintroduction and in the last hour I'd made the decision to reintroduce but think I'm going to do it on a much slower timeline.  I don't relish feeling any worse by introducing over 10 days.  I think on the whole I'd like to stay mainly Whole30 compliant but it won't hurt to know what and what does not agree with me. 

Thank you for responding, I really appreciate your advice and you've helped make me feel a whole lot better! :)

Archived