Day 15 bloated again! Very discouraged

Zengirl

Day 15 and I awoke bloated all over again. Have been 100 percent compliant - very discouraged. 

The only thing different is that my water intake was slightly off the past couple days - (situational, could not help it) - and likewise due to schedule constraints have been 4 days without a real workout.

still, I am very disappointed. I thought I was past all the rollercoaster of symptoms vs NSV

Bloating can indicate a sensitivity to something you're eating, so perhaps if you list out what you've eaten over the past few days, giving specifics on veggies, we can take a look and help you troubleshoot.

Of course it could just be your body/digestive system continuing to adjust...

My hands have been full with just getting through the past few days and making sure things are compliant. I have not had time to log each meal. 

I am sticking to the template. 

Last night I had Brussels sprouts.

I think what is so discouraging is the back and forth. 

1 hour ago, Zengirl said:

Brussels sprouts

It's difficult to offer help without more info & even compliant foods can be problematic for some. Sprouts, however, are a common offender - they're high in sulphur, they're high in FODMAPs (types of sugars that many people struggle to digest), and are a cruciferous veg. If they're common place on your plate I'd cut back on them, and start keeping a log to help identify problems that are likely causing the 'back & forth'.

Hope this helps.

I am trying to keep a log, just life has been out of control the last 4 days. I know that sprouts may be the problem. I eat them occasionally and have never had this level of discomfort.

i am just needing to vent. I am trying so hard. I don't expect you all to do anything, just let me vent

15 minutes ago, Zengirl said:

I eat them occasionally and have never had this level of discomfort.

Sometimes dosage is the issue though, or combinations of foods which take you over your threshold....

And vent away!! You won't be the first, and you certainly won't be the last!!

I found that the bloating was completely related to how much I had upped the consumption of brassica;, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower.  It is a pretty easy vegetable to get and I was eating way more of it that when I am not on Whole 30 but I encourage you to branch out and skip the brassica for a while and see if things get better.  I also cut out onions and garlic and that was very helpful.  I am doing much better on sugar peas, carrots, leafy greens, potatoes, cukes, zukes, squash, peppers and some root vegetables.  I think you need to test out the different vegetables, some really can make gas and bloating particularly when you try to get 3 cups per meal.  

Yup. I had always eaten broccoli and cauliflower before Whole30, but not as much. The results were unpleasant. I had to scale back and branch out. 

Also, I was eating more nuts and nut butters than usual during my first W30 and had to scale back on those, too. They are rough on the gut.  

On Wednesday, November 09, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Zengirl said:

i am just needing to vent. I am trying so hard. I don't expect you all to do anything, just let me vent

I completely understand the need to just vent sometimes. I've felt bloated the last couple days as well, but I'm only on Day 9, so I'm hoping it's just the timeline "my pants are tighter" thing, and hoping it will clear up.

Archived