LaCroix Sparkling Water

Cheryl Epp Colgan

Saw this in Target today. LaCroix Sparking Water. The ingredients are: Carbonated water, Natural Flavors. Their statement regarding the natural flavors are: "The flavors are derived from the natural essence oils extracted from the fruits used in each of our LaCroix flavors. There are no sugars or artificial ingredients contained in, nor added to, these extracted flavors"

There are no calories, sodium, or artificial sweetener. Bueno or no bueno? :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My local Target is now carrying all kinds of La Croix flavors I couldn't get before, like apricot and mango and passionfruit, Oh MY!

And I've found some other brands of sparkling water that are sometimes cheaper and still appear to have the same ingredients/quality.

I recently finally treated myself to the Perrier Grapefruit, and I do feel fancy :P

• 2 months later...

LaCroix has been a staple for me for years and I absolutely love it.  If you like LaCroix, I recommend getting a SodaStream and making your own carbonated water.  The SodaStream reduces my recycling and environmental footprint significantly.  Is there any issue with making your own "fizzy water"?  I also make my own flavorings for the water.  I organically grow my own pears and plums and cook the whole fruit into a sauce.  I flavor the sauce with ginger and habanero.  A tablespoon of the plum sauce in the fizzy water makes an awesome natural hot plum ginger ale!  For my absolute most favorite fizzy water, I add a couple of tablespoons of freshly harvested organic strawberries or huckleberries.  I also use the sauces in place of BBQ sauce on meat, mostly pork and chicken.  I am new to this program...was recommended by my doctor.  Are these kinds of foods compliant with this diet?      

LaCroix has been a staple for me for years and I absolutely love it.  If you like LaCroix, I recommend getting a SodaStream and making your own carbonated water.  The SodaStream reduces my recycling and environmental footprint significantly.  Is there any issue with making your own "fizzy water"?  I also make my own flavorings for the water.  I organically grow my own pears and plums and cook the whole fruit into a sauce.  I flavor the sauce with ginger and habanero.  A tablespoon of the plum sauce in the fizzy water makes an awesome natural hot plum ginger ale!  For my absolute most favorite fizzy water, I add a couple of tablespoons of freshly harvested organic strawberries or huckleberries.  I also use the sauces in place of BBQ sauce on meat, mostly pork and chicken.  I am new to this program...was recommended by my doctor.  Are these kinds of foods compliant with this diet?      

Yes - it's fine to flavor your water with sauces made from fresh fruit, as well as use fruit for flavorings in cooking -enjoy!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Moderators
59 minutes ago, gabby15 said:

Does anyone know if the nicola flavor of LaCroix water is compliant as well, or is it not really in the spirit of Whole30?

I don't think they've ever been ruled out specifically. I'm having trouble finding a list of ingredients, I assume that they're the same as the other flavors of LaCroix, no added sweeteners or anything -- obviously if the ingredients are different that could change things.

As long as you're drinking mostly water and these are an occasional thing just to have something different, it's probably okay. If you're coming form a multiple Cokes a day habit and find yourself just straight replacing those with this instead, or if this makes you crave a real Coke, then you might want to cut them out in order to change that habit. 

Archived