Having A Tough Time On Vacation!

Ariane

I'm on my second day in Denver and I'm struggling a bit or actually quite a bit. O thought I had this all prepped in my head but executing it is a 100x  harder. Yesterday, we landed and ate a big compliant lunch at noon cause I knew there's a chance we might not eat for a while. I was banking on dinner but my cousin wanted Pho (Vietnamese) so we went and there was absolutely zero things I could eat there. I was so desperate I picked the boiled shrimp and pork out of a fresh spring roll. I didn't know if even this was compliant but by this time it was already 7 and had been 7 hours since my last meal. Then we watch Med a basketball game. Again--the ultimate non-compliant of foods. So by the time the game ended it was 9:30 pm and 9 hours since airport meal. Went to Safeway, bought olive oil, meat, eggs, potatoes, and an avocado. Thank goodness we have a room with a stove and cooking utensils. Does anyone have any advice for snacks or something to hold me over until I have access to real food? I know this snacking isn't ideal but gosh yesterday I really needed it. Also, does anyone have recipes for a really easy to make meal when out of town?  Thanks in advance for the advice. 

Can you get to a natural grocers easily? Or a Trader Joe's? Both have easy to find canned fish/chicken (NG has pop tabs!) also find some olives or similarly portable fat and keep it in your bag. I know of other things at NG that are easily compliant if you can make it there. 

Honestly I'd suggest doing your best but starting a true whole 30 when you get home. Vacations should(to me) be fun not stressful. You can also check out

http://whole30.com/2016/07/travel-post-part-1/

http://whole30.com/2011/07/whats-in-your-cooler/

9 hours ago, Ariane said:

I'm on my second day in Denver and I'm struggling a bit or actually quite a bit. O thought I had this all prepped in my head but executing it is a 100x  harder. Yesterday, we landed and ate a big compliant lunch at noon cause I knew there's a chance we might not eat for a while. I was banking on dinner but my cousin wanted Pho (Vietnamese) so we went and there was absolutely zero things I could eat there. I was so desperate I picked the boiled shrimp and pork out of a fresh spring roll. I didn't know if even this was compliant but by this time it was already 7 and had been 7 hours since my last meal. Then we watch Med a basketball game. Again--the ultimate non-compliant of foods. So by the time the game ended it was 9:30 pm and 9 hours since airport meal. Went to Safeway, bought olive oil, meat, eggs, potatoes, and an avocado. Thank goodness we have a room with a stove and cooking utensils. Does anyone have any advice for snacks or something to hold me over until I have access to real food? I know this snacking isn't ideal but gosh yesterday I really needed it. Also, does anyone have recipes for a really easy to make meal when out of town?  Thanks in advance for the advice. 

Archived