Day 20, losing motivation

angel125

This is my 2nd round of Whole30, well actually 3rd, but I wasn't able to complete one entire round so I don't count it.  My first success with Whole 30 was textbook.  I had the hunger, sugar dragon pains, low motivation, exhaustions, then the Tiger blood, clothes fit better - even went down a size, energy and WOW life was amazing again.

I'm on day 20 of my 2nd round  (3 months later) and I feel like I'm doing something wrong.  I have no energy, I don't have any cravings except in the first week, I haven't noticed any difference in the way my clothes fit, in fact they feel tighter!  It feels like I'm doing something wrong.  I'm very careful about what I eat so I know I'm not letting any sugars or anything sneak in.  My own concern is, that I tend to eat a lot of the same thing over and over simply because I'm a very picky eater and any diet is hard when you are a picky eater.  Nonetheless, what I do eat is very compliant.

How do I keep my motivation going when I feel like I'm wasting my time?  On my first round I was so excited about exercising and walking by day 15 I could hardly sit still.  This round I can barely drag myself out of bed, which is where I am now typing this.

I hear you! I was in the same exact boat and fell off Friday on my day 20. :(  What I can tell you is now I look at it as "why did I do that?!". I was so close to finishing and all it did when I ate non-compliant foods was make me feel bloated and now guilty that I have to start over again. To me, if you're truly in this to finish, you're 2/3 of the way done and you can finish. Right now I'm online trying to find some new recipes. I think I got stuck in a rut with eating and it became boring and I too haven't felt any big changes or the text book feelings they say you'll have. Yet just knowing that I'm feeding my body what it needs and it's good for me, is enough to fight the battle I initially set out to do. I have some health issues, of which I haven't seen much change, but maybe for my body it's going to take longer than 30 days. So I plan to continue this journey as long as I have to. I know going back to my old eating habits definitely won't make me healthier. Good luck to you! Maybe narrowing in on your eating and switching things up might help you refocus and get motivated again. Perhaps with the sluggishness you need some sort of vitamin or supplement? You may want to check other forums to see if anyone has suggestions on that. I personally struggle with similar issues, but it's due to my hashimotos and I have a couple supplements I take. 

I have hashimotos as well!  Small world and I'm sorry you are having to deal with it too.  I have a feeling my thyroid is what is kicking my butt right now, not the Whole30.  But thank you for the words of encouragement. I keep telling myself, you don't want to have to start all over again, you don't want to have to start all over again, especially this close to the holidays!   Today was a test because we had a birthday party with ice cream cake and a taco buffet.  I ate before I went since I knew what was in store.  I didn't even think about cheating, not even when the cake was placed under my nose as a teaser.   (Some people are cruel!)  

I spent the rest of the afternoon preparing new meals for the week and looking up new recipes.  I was a little discouraged when I couldn't find a lot of the ingredients at our local stores, but I think I have a little more variety now.  Nice to know I'm not the only one that has had this same struggle. 

Archived