Microscopic Colitis

JenJen1

Hey guys! I have had microscopic colitis (which is a form of inflammatory bowel disease but very rare) for about a year now. I gave up gluten and dairy and had been eating really clean until very recently. I'm still gluten & dairy free but I eat a lot of gf grains and sugar. I'm just curious if by chance there is anyone who has MC and has done this and seen a change?? I'm thinking about starting but am not sure if it's the best approach for my super sensitive colon. 

Thanks in advance! 

• 4 months later...

Hi, JenJen1 and TXLO!  I too have MC (lymphocytic) and unfortunately have seen no improvement in my MC symptoms on W30 (I am on Day 19), except that I have fewer episodes on a daily basis (which is actually a HUGE improvement, but the only one).  I have been soy-free for about 7 years and gluten-free for almost 4.  I am doing the W30 with AIP modifications (in other words, excluding eggs, nightshades, etc, including my coffee :( ).  I would love to hear from someone anyone hello????? who has seen improvement in their MC on Whole 30.  I am probably going to extend mine, and definitely the AIP.  My gastro (saw him today) is testing for SIBO and also for low immunoglobulins to see if something else is going on in addition to the MC.  All that said, I feel awesome, my pants are looser, and I have plenty of energy for daily time at the dance studio and/or gym.  Just looking for someone dealing with the same issue.....  

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

On 3/15/2017 at 6:08 PM, Sambagirl said:

Hi, JenJen1 and TXLO!  I too have MC (lymphocytic) and unfortunately have seen no improvement in my MC symptoms on W30 (I am on Day 19), except that I have fewer episodes on a daily basis (which is actually a HUGE improvement, but the only one).  I have been soy-free for about 7 years and gluten-free for almost 4.  I am doing the W30 with AIP modifications (in other words, excluding eggs, nightshades, etc, including my coffee :( ).  I would love to hear from someone anyone hello????? who has seen improvement in their MC on Whole 30.  I am probably going to extend mine, and definitely the AIP.  My gastro (saw him today) is testing for SIBO and also for low immunoglobulins to see if something else is going on in addition to the MC.  All that said, I feel awesome, my pants are looser, and I have plenty of energy for daily time at the dance studio and/or gym.  Just looking for someone dealing with the same issue.....  

I'm super late to the party, but I have MC (collagenous, though I also have lymphocytes in my colon so probably a bit of a double whammy) plus some "IBS-like issues," my doctors think. 

I'm on day 15 and a little frustrated. My energy levels are AMAZING for the most part (some tired days, but I'm only human!), but like Sambagirl, I haven't seen much improvement in my MC symptoms on the diet and haven't read any miracle stories from those who have. I'm honestly ready to throw in the towel -- I can attribute my energy levels to not spiking my blood sugar throughout the day, and that's something I've learned I can easily carry. But the program has gotten into my head and I'm constantly stressed and anxious about what I'm eating, because even "compliant" things aren't helping. So anyone with MC who's had any success, or has any advice...help. :(

Hey guys! Wow I completely forgot I even asked this question lol! Since then, I have probably done the whole 30 4 time and have become full time paleo. This made me feel really good. I still had issues here and there but overall I was feeling good! @sfruss13, you have to find what works for your body. A lot of things that are considered compliant can still be irritating to your gut. This was the biggest thing for me. Coconut anything wrecks me. 

I just recently started having issues again and it was like I was in a flare for two months. So I went to a new doctor who did another colonoscopy and I ended up having celiac disease. He also checked for my MC and it wasn’t even detectable. I obviously still have it, but the way I was eating helped with inflammation so much that it wasn’t even showing up anymore! I have recently discovered the AIP and have been feeling great for the last couple weeks! Good luck to you all! 

Archived