Irrational Guilty Feelings

Sarah_MT

Hey All,

So, I'm new to WH30, only on day 3, but I've had the craziest guilty feelings eating some compliant foods.  Maybe it's just irrational fear about slipping up and missing something or that I'm leaving a crack in the door for the infamous Sugar Dragon.  I've had a banana with lunch the last 2 days and feel wierd about it...with each bite I worry it's too much sugar cause it tastes so sweet.  Also, had berry flavored La Croix and felt guilty too...while drinking it I decided I'd only drink lime, lemon or plain La Croix from here on out.  Is this just crazy?  I'm afraid I'm apeasing that desire for sugar by eating something with a hint of sweet...though I'm not reaching for bananas in response to a craving, just as a planned part of my meal.  Somebody please talk me off the ledge or I'm affraid I'll end up giving up all fruit and my favorite La Croix flavors (mmm coconut!).

Thanks!!

• Moderators

If the bananas are part of your meal, don't worry about it. (The exception to that being, if you're diabetic or something and they affect your blood sugar in negative ways even with a meal, then obviously, don't have them.) It's healthy to eat natural, unprocessed foods, including fruits, and as long as you're eating protein, fat, and vegetables along with your banana, it's fine. 

And really don't worry about the La Croix either. It's hardly got any flavor, it's definitely not sweet. As long as you're also drinking plain water most of the time, don't worry about having it occasionally for a treat.

It is absolutely okay to enjoy your food.

I will just pop in to add - that you should absolutely enjoy your food!  Food is meant to be an enjoyable experience!  Please try not to approach the whole 30 from a restricting dieting mindset.  It is meant to be a tool to find out if something that you have been previously eating is causing inflammation or other problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I am on day 8 and I find that all my tea that I once loaded with honey, tastes on its own sweet. I find fruits and vegetables have a different taste then they did just last week. I think it could be possible that your pallet too is changing and finds this fruit or water very rewarding and delightful. I love Coconut La Croix with a little pineapple juice (100% of course). I don't think you need to worry about what you are eating.

Archived