Coconut milk that doesn't taste like coconut.

Hey team!

Yes I said it!  

I want to make some Whole30 ranch and other things that require coconut milk but I don't care much for coconut. Lol. Is there a specific brand y'all have tried that has a more mellow, or lighter coconut flavor?  Right now I'm buying the full fat cans from Trader Joe's and I don't mind it in my coffee, but I'm sure I wouldn't care for it in my ranch. All help appreciated!  Thanks guys!

• Moderators

Maybe almond milk would be a better option? Or if you don't mind a thicker dressing, in most of the recipes I've seen the only thing the coconut milk is doing is making it thinner. I haven't tried this recipe, but she's only got 2 TBSP of the milk to begin with -- with all the herbs and spices, I don't know that you're going to really taste the coconut, but you could easily skip it and not affect the recipe much.

31 minutes ago, ShannonM816 said:

Maybe almond milk would be a better option? Or if you don't mind a thicker dressing, in most of the recipes I've seen the only thing the coconut milk is doing is making it thinner. I haven't tried this recipe, but she's only got 2 TBSP of the milk to begin with -- with all the herbs and spices, I don't know that you're going to really taste the coconut, but you could easily skip it and not affect the recipe much.

That recipe looks GREAT!  Thank you for sharing!

Most of the recipes I've seen use a lot of full fat coconut milk, and I'd actually prefer a thicker dressing anyway!  

Archived