Whole 30 +

nshepardson

Day 46

Long walk again this morning with just 2 rounds Tabata of 6 body weight exercises. Still taking it easy, getting more sleep, not pushing too hard with exercise and working on healing those adrenals! This is my 4th day with my new supplements, the first day with ProAdapt. Today I was a little slower, a little less energy, but still feeling much better than I used to, especially before starting Whole30.

Today I ate:

GF Beef Bratwurst

Avocado

Apple

Brussel Sprouts

Coconut Milk Latte

Black Tea

Crockpot Beef Stew

BA Salad

I started a nice big pot of chicken bone broth with the carcass of the chicken we grilled this week.

I thought I posted this yesterday, so here goes again:

Day 47

Pretty day today! I woke up at 5:15am this morning ready to go. I mean really ready to go. I'd forgotten what it's like to just wake up and really be awake. Usually I just kind of wander around until my tea is ready and then when it's through brewing, a couple of sips and I'm awake. Not today. I was awake right when I woke up! That sounds weird I know, but I don't know how else to say it. . .It's a very good thing.

Finished my chicken broth and finally ate the last of my crockpot roast.

Today I ate:

GF beef bratwurst

Scrambled eggs in ghee

Brussels sprouts

Crockpot chuck roast

avocado

Bacon

Yep, I'm trying eggs again. We'll see . . .

Day 48

So far so good with the eggs from yesterday.

My energy levels just keep getting better and better. I haven't felt this kind of steady energy and consistently so since, heck I can't remember a time when I didn't feel like I could take a long nap after lunch. If I could get rid of hot flashes . . . .? 12 more days to 60 days.

Today I ate:

Coconut Milk Latte

Black tea

Bacon

Avocado Salad

Broccoli

Grilled pork chop

Smashed garlic cauliflower

Sautéed Power Greens w/garlic

Yes, I am eating less fruit, and am experimenting with keeping my carbs at about 50 grams. I'm adding in extra fat with coconut oil and ghee when I sauté veggies to make sure I get enough calories and energy from fat. So far so good.

Day 49

Today was the last day of our French Market here in town. My favorite farmer sold out everything last Saturday so she wasn't there. It was pretty desolate. I did manage to find some greens though from a really local farmer out in Kane County. Their kale is amazing. I got a couple of heads, and some GF beef jerky from my fave GF beef rancher.

The eggs didn't seem to bother me, my digestion is still humming. I may try them again tomorrow.

Today I ate:

GF beef summer sausage

Power greens

Black berries w/coconut cream

Grilled flat iron steak

BA Salad

Tomorrow morning I plan to start up the old crockpot and make some pulled chicken thighs salsa style.

I don't know about you all but I will be really glad when this election is finally over . . .

Day 50

I made the best crockpot chicken today. With a couple pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, I layered garlic, onions, thighs, mild 365 salsa and a cup of chicken broth. Set the crockpot on low for 5 hours. Sooo good. I seasoned the thighs with a homemade taco seasoning.

Eggs are back on the menu folks, so long as I don't eat them every day.

Today I ate:

Black tea

Coconut milk latte

3 (bright orange yolks) large eggs scrambled in ghee

Sautéed mushrooms

GF beef hot dog

Crockpot salsa chicken

Brussels sprouts

Black raspberries with coconut whipped cream

My Bad! Totally forgot to post yesterday. I'm so used to getting on here on a daily basis that I automatically think, oh I all ready did that.

Well I didn't yesterday!

Day 51

GF hot dog

Sauteed Power Greens

Blackberries with Coconut Whipped Cream

Crockpot Chicken Salsa

Brussel Sprouts

Handful Almonds

Small salad with lots of veggies, olives, lemon juice and olive oil dressing

Yep, we made a ton of brussel sprouts the other evening. I'll be eating those up for a few days - it's OK, they're one of my favorite veggies, I know - she's strange . . .

Finally got around to soaking some almonds and walnuts so I'll be having those for snacks, occasionally. I have a tendency to get a little carried away with nuts and nut butters.

My clothes fit differently, but I'll be curious to see if I've actually lost any weight or not. The good news is I'm really not that concerned, I'm just lovin' the way I feel and continue to feel better every day.

Whoa, two days - I lost two days. We stayed up late for the election turns - I took a nap the next day, on the 7th - and I totally forgot to transfer my food log from my Journal. So, here's what I ate for:

Day 52

coconut milk latte

black tea

2 scrambled eggs

bacon

sauteed power greens

crockpot chicken salsa

brussel sprouts

Day 53

bacon

blackberries w/coconut whipped cream

sauteed spinach w/garlic

GF grilled hamburger

sauteed mushrooms

asparagus

Now I feel better. 6 more days to complete a Whole60. It's become the way I eat now. I mentioned earlier I hadn't lost a lot of weight. I can feel that I haven't. The scale and I have become strangers, and I can't say I miss her all that much.

I really need a good solid 8 hours sleep. I felt hung over for the last 2 days trying to catch up. Finally this morning I woke up with my now "normal" energy. There's only one election like this last one, so I don't regret the time I spent watching the returns.

This is a busy week for me. I'm working a full day tomorrow at a new office in Lombard. Just a little anxious about that. My headlights on my car went out last night on my way to an appointment - not good. Somehow I'm going to have to find the time to take my car in for repair. I just got it serviced . . .oh well.

Today I'm visiting a friend who just had an aortic valve replacement last Thursday. She's 50 years old. I know, right? So grateful I still have my health and that I found Whole30!

On the menu today besides the usual culprits, I'm adding a no grain muesli, plan to have a BA salad with another burger, and I think I might make a salmon salad to bring with me to work tomorrow. It's so easy to plan menus now.

Day 54

Busy day today.

Today I ate:

Coconut milk latte

Black tea

No grain muesli with almond milk

Bacon

Crockpot chicken salsa

Asparagus

avocado

I ate breakfast around 10am and didn't eat again until 4pm. Totally amazing, not starving, no cravings, blood sugar levels steady. I love eating this way!

Day 55

Five more days. If it weren't for posting the number everyday - I wouldn't know the difference. I mean, it's just another day of feeling great, having more energy than I ever thought I would have, and feeling free - free of cravings, free of anxiety and worry. My husband told me yesterday that he actually enjoyed being around me these days. Regardless of what anyone thinks of this lifestyle - I find it much more freeing than restrictive.

Today I ate:

Coconut Milk Latte

Black Tea

Grilled Hamburger

Satueed Mushrooms

BA salad w/lots of veggies

Crockpot GF Beef Short Ribs

Cauliflower Smash

Day 56

Now it's 4 more days. I am losing track of posting. I have decided that once I've finished 60 days - I will probably retired from posting, but will stay on the program - I didn't lose a whole lot of weight, I'm going to guess about 4 pounds. I didn't have that much to lose, but I am heavier than I was a couple years ago. It's that 10 - 15 pounds after menopause I guess. But, that can change based on how I'm living now. I'll know more when I take my measurements.

My husband keeps asking me if I've lost weight - my clothes sure fit better.

We are going out to eat tonight and then to a Magic Show. I know, right? A friend of ours is a magician and performs around the country, this time he's in our neighborhood, so we got some tickets. When we go out I always look up the restaurant we're going to and plan what I'm going to eat in advance. And, I do bring my own salad dressing . . .since making my own the last 50 + days, I can't stand the bitter taste of restaurant dressing.

Yesterday I ate (Day 56)

My crockpot beef short ribs were waaaayyy good. I'll definitely be making those again. Here's what I plan to eat today:

Coconut milk latte

black tea

Scrambled eggs

GR Beef Summer Sausage

Sauteed Power Greens

Grilled Salmon Salad w/Olive Oil & Coconut Vinegar

Side of sauteed spinach

I called ahead to the restaurant to find out if they had sides of veggies. They were really cool about coming up with some spinach, sautéed.

Day 57

After I finished picking up our meat-hubby and I sat around and watched the Daily Show, the Colbert Report and Bill Maher, I know, a lot of silliness, right? We needed a good laugh and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Today I ate:

Coconut milk latte

Black tea

Scrambled eggs

Bacon

Sautéed spinach

White fish

Green beans

Frozen cherries

I'm considering getting a glucose monitor, just curious about what my glucose levels are in the afternoon. I felt a little weak this after dinner. A bowl of frozen cherries perked me right up.

Day 58

It's winter in the Great Lakes. We were supposed to get snow today, but, BUT we were spared. It won't be long now though because we are going down to 29 tonight and holding.

I feel so much better this winter than last winter. No more head banging headaches, no more runny nose and sniffles coming inside from the cold. I hate having a drippy nose when I walk into a meeting. I used to go through more Kleenex. I am looking forward to going for long walks in the morning and coming in afterwards for a cup of hot tea. Such a different attitude.

I may not have lost a lot of physical weight, but a lost a lot of bad attitude and excess emotional baggage I have no intention of finding. ;)

Today I ate:

No grain Granola with almond milk

Bacon

Summer sausage

Greek olives

Avocado

Grilled chicken thighs

Green beans w/ghee and toasted almonds

Fixing a beef brisket tomorrow morning in the crockpot, trying out a new recipe with coffee, cacao, cumin and coconut milk. I will most definitely be happy to come tomorrow evening ;)

I just pinned that brisket recipe to my Pinterest. Please tell me how it comes out. :).

It was/is delicious. I did change the cumin to curry powder and used 2 tsps. We're not big fans of spicy. I also seared both sides in a skillet before putting it in my crockpot.

Day 59

Today I ate:

GF beef hot dog

Avocado and salsa

BA salad

Left over grilled white fish

Steamed broccoli

Coffee cacao beef brisket (crockpot)

Had a great time with my Aunt today. We bought her a new 55" Samsung flat screen TV. She's so excited. I love it when she's happy.

Day 60

Yes, I completed 60 days. Odd, I don't feel like I'm finished. In other words, I don't feel like I used to when I would complete my year end finals in college, like I'm so glad that's over, let's go celebrate. I'm not finished yet. I plan to continue to eat this way for a long, long time.

It's a good thing I started and stuck with it too. I just got the rest of my tests back, the intestinal barrier test and the metabolic 101 test. I will be speaking with her today about the protocol. But yes, I have to eliminate all the foods that I all ready have eliminated, dairy, grains, sugar and especially gluten, soy and legumes and yes I will have to eliminate eggs entirely. I have a very high aerobic and anaerobic bacterial count - indicative of candida. No surprise there, not for me.

Soo, I will be taking some more supplements, but this way of eating, this is something I will continue to follow, because it is the most helpful way for me to eat.

This may explain why I've not lost any weight. I'll know more after I talk with her.

Yesterday I ate:

GF beef hot dogs

Sauteed greens w/garlic

Blackberries w/coconut cream

Coconut milk latte

black tea

Broccoli

Cauliflower mash

Beef Brisket

Archived