Enough excuses! Starting 11/21!!

MizRik

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE are WHOLE 30ers !!!!!!!!!

Such a solid accomplishment!!!!

Personally, I have much gratitude to each and all of you. The sharing of feelings and thoughts, obstacles and of course recipes and tips, IS the reason, I believe we have been successful. 

We have all had our struggles and situations to deal with, and that has certainly brought us closer together as a group with a common goal. 

I was hoping to see dramatic improvement in my skin condition, but have not, YET.

I have a feeling I need to continue this whole foods plan, as autoimmune conditions can require more time to see improvement. I am going to follow the reintroducing protocol, but tweak it a bit....I am still looking forward to having some of my traditional Xmas foods. Yes, my sugar dragon is still breathing, although he has taken residence miles away. Another sign that I need to continue this way of eating  . I plan to resume in the New year.

I loved everyone's terrific lists of NSVs, and could relate to many of them. My belt is now tightened to it's last hole, my hair is NOT all over the tub when I wash it, I am more aware of hunger vs craving cues, I know 100% that I can survive without SUGAR!, I have diligently packed my lunch for work 5 days a week, I have not had that late aft "I need a nap" feeling messing me up, I have energy to prepare food when I arrive home, I am drinking less coffee, I don't miss drinking milk, I feel happy that I am doing something wonderful for my body, I have learned that I have incredible willpower to remain committed  and focused, I have set an awesome example, and I have shared much nutritional info with colleagues, family and friends, OHHH! And I have a new family....a WHOLE 30 one!!

Love to one and all, from ONTARIO  

PS. I found an organic turkey....finally :)

So, I weighed myself this morning. I'm down 5 pounds. I'm not surprised by that knowing how my clothes are fitting, but I lost 13 the first time I did a Whole30, so my expectations were a little higher. THEREFORE, I am so glad I did the NSV's yesterday!  Also, I have to realize that very few people lose 5 pounds over the holidays.

I have really set myself up for success in the new year, and I'm far ahead of where I would have been had I not embarked on this journey. It's great to be going into the new year feeling really good, rather than the bloat I'm usually feeling on January 1. Now when New Year's Day rolls around it will be BUSINESS AS USUAL!!

39 minutes ago, CCLaymon said:

I have really set myself up for success in the new year, and I'm far ahead of where I would have been had I not embarked on this journey. It's great to be going into the new year feeling really good, rather than the bloat I'm usually feeling on January 1. Now when New Year's Day rolls around it will be BUSINESS AS USUAL!!

@CCLaymon - I guess this is the whole point, right?^_^  I feel the same way - so what if I have a peanut butter ball because that's my favorite Christmas treat, that doesn't mean I eat the whole platter of treats!  How EMPOWERING is that?!?!?!B)

I'm terrified to eat anything.

But my coffee drinks were amazing this morning!

I had someone that I see 4 days a week ask me if I was ok - I'm melting away!  Heehee, seriously, she was concerned I had become anorexic!  I gave her the lowdown and she wants to do it!

Super quick post cause I still haven't had time to go back and read everyone's recent posts. 

Congrats to all of you for hanging in there and being rockstars!!!!! 

As for me..... 

It's real. It's final. It's done! I COMPLETED A WHOLE30!!! I had moments I struggled. I had moments I thrived. In the end I am forever grateful I did it and will 100% do it again. In between rounds I will take what I have learned and hopefully find balance. 

In the past 30 days I have lost 12 pounds and 10 total inches. 
NSVs
Flatter stomach. Less bloating. Wedding ring fits better. Fewer headaches. Less fatigue. No more mid afternoon slumps. I smile and laugh more with less mood swings in the middle. I have fewer and fewer cravings and overall I just FEEL BETTER!! 

THANK YOU WHOLE30!!! 

Today has been absolutely terrifying.:o  Not even kidding.:(

I am feeling like I'm not at all ready for this - I know all the NSV's are great and my scale victory was pretty huge too - but I'm so scared that I am going to blow up again.  I forgot my lunch today and the mailroom is filled with treats.  I didn't even eat until 1030 because I didn't know what to put in my mouth!!!  Then I finally ate and I ended up getting a cheeseburger.  Ugh.  I don't feel physically awful - mostly bloated, which I haven't felt in weeks, but I feel so mentally let down...  I guess this is all part of the process - fall down and get back up.

3 hours ago, mhemm said:

Today has been absolutely terrifying.:o  Not even kidding.:(

I am feeling like I'm not at all ready for this - I know all the NSV's are great and my scale victory was pretty huge too - but I'm so scared that I am going to blow up again.  I forgot my lunch today and the mailroom is filled with treats.  I didn't even eat until 1030 because I didn't know what to put in my mouth!!!  Then I finally ate and I ended up getting a cheeseburger.  Ugh.  I don't feel physically awful - mostly bloated, which I haven't felt in weeks, but I feel so mentally let down...  I guess this is all part of the process - fall down and get back up.

Your human and this can be scary. My thoughts...... focus on progress, not perfection at this point! You got this girl!!! 

Every single one of you ladies are AMAZING!!! 

I loved loved loved reading all your updates!! 

All I can say at this point...... please don't leave me now!!! Stay here and let's keep supporting each other no matter where our journeys take us!!! 

Okay so reintroduction today was as I already said sugar, caffeine and dairy. My stomach is fine but man do I have a headache and just feel blah. 

I may just follow the whole30 guidelines again tomorrow, or even for a day or two and then NOT add sugar but just add dairy and see how I feel. 

How is everyone else today? 

VERY pleased to report that my scale loss was 12 pounds. :). Never did measurements or pics, but I am aware of clothes fitting differently   .

It was a weird day, and I too was not sure what to feed me.

Stayed mostly compliant, except for a few homemade gingerbread . YUMMM!

Forgot to pack yogurt/cheese so dairy was not happening today  . I even forgot about my pre-Whole30 coffee with milk, and just drank it black again  .

Sooooo, the next 2 days will be back to compliant foods for me  .

QUESTION

...Do any of you remember who posted a link to different recipes arranged by alphabet letters? Like B was beets, C was chicken.....and there were ideas for what to prepare with that particular food?   Like back in the first 10 days, someone shared it   I did try to go back and search for it, but didn't have any luck  . Thanks group!

4 minutes ago, MizRik said:

Okay so reintroduction today was as I already said sugar, caffeine and dairy. My stomach is fine but man do I have a headache and just feel blah. 

I may just follow the whole30 guidelines again tomorrow, or even for a day or two and then NOT add sugar but just add dairy and see how I feel. 

How is everyone else today? 

@MizRik I'm in the same boat as you, feeling the sugar slump/tired :( will resume Whole30 x2 days then try dairy as well.

No sugar tomorrow! 

Just wanted to remind everybody that reintroduction is sequenced and rhythmic (1 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 1).

So if you do dairy first, don't ALSO do another food group. And return to Whole30 (without dairy) tomorrow (day 32) and the next day (day 33).

Then try legumes on day 34. Then Whole 30 (without either dairy or legumes) on days 35 and 36.

Try non-gluten grains on day 37. Whole30 (without dairy, legumes, or non-gluten grains) on days 38 and 39.

Then gluten-containing grains on day 40.

You need the two days in between each trial, so that you don't get a cumulative effect. Was it the legumes that did you in? Was it the dairy that was the problem? Or was it the legumes plus the dairy that created a problem?

Of course, you need not reintroduce a category, if you'd prefer to stay away from it. :D

My parents arrived today and I served them a Whole30 dinner: roast turkey sprinkled with salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, marjoram; baked carrots drizzled with clarified butter; green salad with homemade vinaigrette. My dad had seconds of the turkey, which he NEVER does. I didn't TELL them it was a Whole30 menu - I merely served it. ;)

1 hour ago, MizRik said:

Every single one of you ladies are AMAZING!!! 

I loved loved loved reading all your updates!! 

All I can say at this point...... please don't leave me now!!! Stay here and let's keep supporting each other no matter where our journeys take us!!! 

:D I'm sticking around! I'm pretty much swinging straight into a second Whole30, working with this FODMAP issue. I even baked yesterday - almond cookies (ground almonds, butter, sugar, arrowroot, vanilla extract, almond extract) and ginger cookies (same as the almond cookies minus the almond extract and plus ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg) - and neither licked a finger nor tasted a cookie! My kids and husband handled the tasting. ;)

Archived