Enough excuses! Starting 11/21!!

MizRik

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MizRik I'm so excited that you finished! I was worried that if you stopped at day 27 you may never try it again! Spectacular on the nsv's AND the SV! I'm sticking around here in the forum, but staying on track for now.

@mhemm being terrified of eating is very normal at this point. That's why I stayed on so long the first time.Keep packing your lunch if there are too many temptations at work!

@AliceV congrats on your SV too! I think I posted the list-it wasn't alphabetical, but it was a different food every day with several recipes for that food. I can repost tomortow (I'm on my phone now but I'll be on the computer tomorrow.)

@Jessica NG keep in truckin' with tHE FODMAPS! My word for you is TENACITY!!

Whoa!!! I finally made myself go to bed last night cause I was cranky as shit!!!! Haven't had a moment like that in a long time! Sugar is not my friend!! I was snapping at my kids, everything they did was pushing me closer to the edge, and when I started to raise my voice over stupid petty things I looked at my husband and said I need to walk away and go to bed right now!!! 

Crazy what one day off plan can do! 

9 minutes ago, MizRik said:

Whoa!!! I finally made myself go to bed last night cause I was cranky as shit!!!! Sugar is not my friend!! 

Crazy what one day off plan can do! 

I've learned SO MUCH!  I thought I was pretty well schooled in nutrition and fitness and just lacked the will power to carry through.  Nope.  I was crabby last night too - sugar is evil.  I've been really emotional since completing this, too.  Such a sense of accomplishment and newfound confidence has me all tore up!:wub:  Back to (mainly) compliance today.  I remembered my lunch and water today - so that will definitely help!:D

Happy Thursday!

Congrats to you all! I'm so glad to be part of this group. 

@mhemm  see! Your skin is clearer and your shirt fits better. Great job! 

I've been doing 85% whole30 the last few days. Some small random food items have been sneaking in and I'm feeling it. Especially today. Gonna clean up my act real soon... One meal at a time. I know what items kick me in the butt. Sugar, dairy and wheat/gluten. 

Seriously, y'all have been helpful, encouraging and inspiring! Keep it up. I look forward to the next round with y'all. I mean most of us are doing another round or so after the holiday right? 

I'll need to incorporate more work out things the next go around to firm up a bit and burn some  calories. I mean I'm doing some but feel like some strength training should be added. I've got cardio down! 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 4:11 PM, mhemm said:

Today has been absolutely terrifying.:o  Not even kidding.:(

I am feeling like I'm not at all ready for this - I know all the NSV's are great and my scale victory was pretty huge too - but I'm so scared that I am going to blow up again.  I forgot my lunch today and the mailroom is filled with treats.  I didn't even eat until 1030 because I didn't know what to put in my mouth!!!  Then I finally ate and I ended up getting a cheeseburger.  Ugh.  I don't feel physically awful - mostly bloated, which I haven't felt in weeks, but I feel so mentally let down...  I guess this is all part of the process - fall down and get back up.

You're doing great (the rest of the whole group is, too!). You are right on in realizing that it can be a fall down and get back up process. Good on you for realizing what/how you feel and what caused it. When you can recognize patterns in a cause and effect type of way, you'll be head and shoulders above where you were when you first started this process. You can do it!

Hello Ladies! Thank you so much for sharing all your challenges over the last few days. It makes me feel like I'm not missing anything ;)

I did make it to the gym today so I'm feeling good about that. I'm really feeling like I'm in a groove now. Tonight I made shrimp with fried cauliflower "rice." It was pretty good!!

We should take a little poll here: Come January 1, do we want to continue our thread here, or start a new one? if we start a new one there will be some new folks in there, which is always a good thing to keep it fresh :) However since it January there may be THOUSANDS, LOL!  What you do think?

So my little food testers, how are you feeling today? I'm wondering if it felt great to be back on the wagon again? I agree that sugar is evil. I'm surprised every day how much better my coping skills are without it!

Thank you so much for sharing your sugar experiences, @mhemm and @MizRik. I didn't know sugar could do that to a person. @NoMoreCrunchyCravings, I think you are right that awareness is key. :D

@CCLaymon,I am undecided about whether we should start a new thread or not. How do you feel about it? You have more experience with the forum, so I think I will be guided by you.

I cooked another Whole30 dinner (pork chops, roasted root vegetables [potatoes, turnip, and rutabaga tossed with ground rosemary and a splash of lemon], green salad and homemade vinaigrette), and my parents really liked it. I'd been leaving the Whole30 book on my coffee table, because I use it all the time and I haven't yet found a good place on my shelves for it. So my mom got curious and started reading it. And then she started talking it over with my dad, while I was doing something else. So then they asked me questions, which I answered as factually as possible, explaining why *I* was doing the Whole30 and the benefits I've received, but not pushing it IN ANY WAY. And the next thing I know, my dad is saying that he really wants to give it a try, and asking me to write down the title and authors for him! Goodness gracious, I never in a million years imagined my adorable 87-year-old father being interested in trying this! But I am happy that he wants to. :D

45 minutes ago, Jessica NG said:

I'd been leaving the Whole30 book on my coffee table, because I use it all the time and I haven't yet found a good place on my shelves for it. So my mom got curious and started reading it. And then she started talking it over with my dad, while I was doing something else. So then they asked me questions, which I answered as factually as possible, explaining why *I* was doing the Whole30 and the benefits I've received, but not pushing it IN ANY WAY. And the next thing I know, my dad is saying that he really wants to give it a try, and asking me to write down the title and authors for him! Goodness gracious, I never in a million years imagined my adorable 87-year-old father being interested in trying this! But I am happy that he wants to. :D

Amazing!

@Jessica NG that is such great news about your dad!  I've had a lot of conversations this time around when I'm eating something different. I've been feeling so good, and when I share that, they are intrigued. I think most people know that even if they aren't feeling bad, they know they could be feeling better.

Here one question - not really a concern:  I go to sleep pretty regularly between 10-10:30pm. Since I've been on the Whole30, I wake up pretty regularly between 4:30-5am.  I don't need to be up until 5:45am. I try to go back to sleep, because I'd love to be getting 8 hours a night. That's also a great weight loss tip, did you know that?  Anyway, I'm wide awake at that time, so I get up, do some reading, and get some work done - it's my best time of the day. I think over break next week I'm going to try and go to bed earlier. My husband's kids are littles - 7 and 10 - so maybe I'll go to bed when they do!

Tomorrow I have an 8 hour drive to my husband's house. It will be nice to be together for the week, but I do not love that drive, and especially not on Christmas Eve! I have to put my thinking hat on to be prepared for it food wise. He is planning a Whole 30 Christmas so I don't have to worry about that :)

@mhemm @MizRik @PattiMcK @AliceV and any others I might have missed - any vote on a new thread?

4 hours ago, CCLaymon said:

Here one question - not really a concern:  I go to sleep pretty regularly between 10-10:30pm. Since I've been on the Whole30, I wake up pretty regularly between 4:30-5am.  I don't need to be up until 5:45am. I try to go back to sleep, because I'd love to be getting 8 hours a night. That's also a great weight loss tip, did you know that?  Anyway, I'm wide awake at that time, so I get up, do some reading, and get some work done - it's my best time of the day. I think over break next week I'm going to try and go to bed earlier. My husband's kids are littles - 7 and 10 - so maybe I'll go to bed when they do!

Tomorrow I have an 8 hour drive to my husband's house. It will be nice to be together for the week, but I do not love that drive, and especially not on Christmas Eve! I have to put my thinking hat on to be prepared for it food wise. He is planning a Whole 30 Christmas so I don't have to worry about that :)

I go to bed between 11 PM and midnight (usually take only 10 minutes to fall asleep). I know that I would be better served to hit 10 to 10:30 PM as you do, but I've made a lot of progress in that area since last spring, when a torn retina really messed with my sleep. So, progress! ;) Most days, I wake up between 6:30 AM and 7:30 AM. I'm getting about 7 hours of sleep or a little bit more. Not ideal, but again - progress.

When do your husband's littles go to bed? 9 PM? 9:30 PM? Why don't you try it, and see how it feels. If you like the result, you can continue. If you don't, you can make a change.

I love the sound of your husband's plans for Whole30 Christmas. Awesome! I hope your holiday is wonderful! :D

Hey ladies. Woke up with a smidge of a headache today and could also tell I am retaining fluid again by the way my fingers feel. I am half tempted to step on a scale today and see just how much damage I caused in just a few days. But I know that will send me into a crazy tailspin. 

I didn't get back on plan like I was hoping to yesterday as I hadn't planned well and didn't pack food for work. So there was Christmas candy and take out food. 

I have the next three days off work so I will eat Whole30 foods today for sure for sure and then see how Christmas and Christmas Eve goes. 

As for a new thread.... I for sure don't want one with so many people we lose the closeness we have gained here. A few more fresh faces is also good. So if we start a new one the name can include a January theme, but also needs something else to try to keep the numbers down. Maybe something like...... "good friends starting the year off right." Then the first post could be an introduction with a little background of our group, the fact that we are sticking together, starting again (or continuing) and that new peeps are welcome to join us. 

Watcha think??? 

If the new thread gets outta control..... we can always just come back to this one. 

oh and I have a huge favor.... silly one. But can everyone share their names?? I know there are some out there, maybe I missed the rest. But I would love to know real names instead of just screen names. Makes it a bit more real. I'm Rikki by the way :) 

ok guys, I am getting really scared - I am super obsessive about every bite now and I'm NOT EATING anything.  I thought I was getting sick again when I realized that all I had eaten by 3pm was part of a sweet potato, coffee, and water.  :(  Now I'm making some sausage and potatoes and hoping for the best...  

Ah, I completely understand. HOWEVER, you were feeling really great from eating Whole 30, right? So you'll go back to that and feel great. I know how very tough it is. But you're not eating all the things. You tried some of the things and they didn't agree with you. So you're just going to be really good to yourself, and eat the things that make you feel good.

I have a VERY HARD TIME getting back on plan when I'm off. What do you think about starting your second round right now, and not worry about the sexy holiday food? That's an option...

Is there anything we can do for you?

May I join you guys for January? I'm just a few days behind you, with day 30 coming up tomorrow. I'm not sure just how things will go next week but I know that getting back on the program will come as a relief. I've planned my dinners for the week already, with leftovers from the main meals to use as meal 1 and meal 2. 

I agree that there will be a lot of new people starting in January, but I'd like to be with a few folks who are on their second (or more) go around.

Jill

16 hours ago, CCLaymon said:

@Jessica NG that is such great news about your dad!  I've had a lot of conversations this time around when I'm eating something different. I've been feeling so good, and when I share that, they are intrigued. I think most people know that even if they aren't feeling bad, they know they could be feeling better.

@mhemm @MizRik @PattiMcK @AliceV and any others I might have missed - any vote on a new thread?

Sure, I'm all for that!

Archived